Skip to content

Female-Female romance

Comments

• zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    If we get a report post button, could it be labeled "Summon Moderator IV?" :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Did some cleaning up.

Thanks for the people that messaged me and dropped my name.
  • TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    oh, it'd have to replace your Summon Planetar ability. probably cost an additional point to unlock.
    Thank you @Tanthalas You're a hero!
    Agreed. @Tanthalas wins the day. Thank you. :)
    Now that we have that cleared up...
    LadyRhian said:

If they want FR characters, I have my Selunan Cleric, Traith Selgard, whose name I found in the back of the original Forgotten Realms Boxed Set Cyclopedia of the Realms- she's the daughter of Bron Selgard, the blacksmith of Shadowdale (they had a census of Shadowdale to show a typical small village and inhabitants. Given what we know about Shadowdale now, maybe not so typical!).

She's human, and has a pet Tressym, so there's that. Yes, I still have most of my AD&D characters in a folder near my computer. And there is nothing wrong with that!

Anyone else have good characters to add to the future NPC pool like @LadyRhian ? I mostly played in Greyhawk so mine don't fit very well, but it would be awesome to see our characters in BG no? Who has good Forgotten Realms characters they want to see in the game!?
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    sigh, I would like to know (but seems to be censored already) what generated such a commotion and desperate pleads for help... Must have been terrible...
    It was a people trying to be offensive and we need never talk of it again.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited September 2012
    Just a troll who had a run in with a melf's acid arrow.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Is it just me, or is the air a bit more sweet-smelling in this thread now? :)
    We used the best Moddresol we could buy!
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Sex Tanthalas: 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Hah. Tanthalas and his trusty mallet "Troll-B-Gone." ;)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Razor said:

sigh, I would like to know (but seems to be censored already) what generated such a commotion and desperate pleads for help... Must have been terrible...

There's a big difference between censorship and deleting obviously offensive content.

• Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    I never get here to read it in time, you always delete it by the time I get here. Anyway, this got mega derailed, lets talk about hot lesbian npc sex.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256

I never get here to read it in time, you always delete it by the time I get here. Anyway, this got mega derailed, lets talk about hot lesbian npc sex.

Hahaha! Priceless.
    Yeah, sure, let's talk about it.

From what they said, I think in BG2:EE there's gonna be a new female character that is either bi or gay.
    Now, what would be cool to see is a 3-fold romance (I mentioned this already with the MaleCHARNAME / Aerie / Haer'Dalis situation).

CHARNAME (either male or female) / NewFemaleCharacter / Viconia (or Jaheira, or what have you) could be pretty interesting.

Mind you, I'm not JUST talking about a simple, unromantic 3-some. Dragon Age had those already (and 4-somes too). I'm talking about something more elaborate and meaningful.

I'd love to see how a romance involving 3 people develops, with jealousies and the possibility to, in the end, choose to be with one or the other... or both! Or none, I guess. I'm imagining a STABLE family nucleus of three people.
    Polygamy is another one of those sore spots though. I don't want to push too many envelopes too quickly, since we've all seen the reaction that is provoked by asking for simple to afford other people with different sexual preferences content tailored to them.

It would be interesting if written correctly, it could provide huge amounts of character development (I almost Killed Haer-Dalis for encroaching, and Anomen, if I remember correctly.)

The problem with legitimate poly-amorous relationships is that it requires all participants to be ok with it at all times, and a lot of people can't get a simple 2 person relationship right. In BG2 there was no real romantic failure option that wasn't either a straight up denial or the CHARNAME being greedy and irresponsible. In short it would require text of CHARNAME getting in with both participants and them becoming loves as well, to be done correctly, that would be quite a lot of text.

Finally, If their contract persists for BG2 as it is for for BG, then they won't be able to alter the established romances. meaning that any polyamorous scenario would involve multiple new NPC, which I would prefer to altering existing NPC's personalities to be accepting of multiple partners.

Concisely Concluded: It would be a really big project that would be interesting if done properly, but could be easily mishandled and may be beyond the scope of what the devs want to do for BG2EE. Maybe we can look forward to it in BG3 when it shows up.

That's what I think, at least.
  • NancyButtpeachNancyButtpeach Member Posts: 38
    Ah, I see my post was deleted. This is unfortunate. Is it possible to obtain a reason from the moderator as to specifically why?

If anyone is interested in the content of my post, I will send it to you (as best as I can remember it) in a private message.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @NancyButtPeach I'd say the unsubstantiated claims you made had something to do with it. "Unhealthy" being just one of them.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Look at the name. /end

So to attempt to be on topic: I say go for it but as long as they add a lesbian romance option for lesbians rather than to appease the 15-24 year old single men who get off on that kind of thing.
    @sandmanCCL How would that work, exactly? I am sure the guys who are into it could not care less about the pretty words but more the mental image of two gals together.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    Tanthalas said:

There's a big difference between censorship and deleting obviously offensive content.

It's actualy the same thing. Only one with a lawful justification towards society.

@Nancybuttpeach So was it yours the deleted post? I thought it was Jalily. I read yours, it was clear you would be flamed but it was your opinion, I'am fine with that.
    Well your mental image is all you get anyway. There's no explicit imagery (In regard to intimacy) in the game just lovey-dovey lines.

We'd want those lines to be along the same quality of the original romances, instead of a trashy $2 novel about two girls meeting and falling in lust.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    LadyRhian said:

@sandmanCCL How would that work, exactly? I am sure the guys who are into it could not care less about the pretty words but more the mental image of two gals together.

I really don't know, to be honest. It just bothers me most people championing for a female-female relationship tout the name of sexual identity equality are typically really in it because imagining two lady elves kissing casts a Barkskin spell on their wiener.

Oh god how did I make this scenario even nerdier?
    @sandmanCCL I don't know whether That's hilarious or that I should be shamed for finding it so. XD
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    @Recklessheart Nobody reads do they man? I didn't SAY gay people shouldn't have gay romances in Baldur's Gate. I said that there is a small group of gay people who preach for certain liberties or make obvious their particular way of life in order to promote themselves.

I didn't say gays don't get romances, I am trying to say there are some gays, who would only want romances, to emphasis it.

I've learnt my lesson, I won't share my opinion on anything meaningful or important with you guys ever again, clearly you can't handle a mature conversation without thinking I'm being homophobic or troll.
    edited September 2012
    misanthropic amusement aside, @sandmanCCL raises a good point that in some games female homosexual romance is done to appeal to young men, rather than to females that are oriented that way. I think most of us would prefer that the inclusion of a lesbian romance isn't tailored to the wrong audience.

That may also be the reason the Devs decided to create a possible male homosexual relationship, and neglect the female side, as it may appear publicly as a shameless publicity stunt, as it has in other games.

I hope I'm wrong about that though... :/

Edit: (x2 since I forgot to put Edit: in the first time)

Ah.... it's been called to my attention that I worded my statement poorly.

To clarify, I'm hoping that any attempts at a lesbian romance in BG is neither:
    An appeal to young men directly from the producers, and instead tailors itself to female audience members looking for inclusion of that content. Whether young men enjoy it as well is not something I'm trying to decry. I would just like for the audience that the romance is tailored to is to women who are interested in finding a relationship to mirror their own tastes in development.
    -or-
    Viewed by the public as a publicity appeal to young men, instead of a tailored option to women as stated above.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.
    Post edited by TenYaiba on
    @TenYalba Are you unfamiliar with Yaoi? Suffice to say that there are women who would play a male/male romance for the same reason men would make a female/female romance. You know, for the fetish aspect of it. For that matter, I wouldn't want a doppleganger romance (mentioned in another thread) for the knowledge that someone, somewhere is going to go "LOL! Tentacle sex!" Yeah, I have had *way* too much exposure to Japanese anime.
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    Ward said:

@Recklessheart Nobody reads do they man? I didn't SAY gay people shouldn't have gay romances in Baldur's Gate. I said that there is a small group of gay people who preach for certain liberties or make obvious their particular way of life in order to promote themselves.

I didn't say gays don't get romances, I am trying to say there are some gays, who would only want romances, to emphasis it.

I've learnt my lesson, I won't share my opinion on anything meaningful or important with you guys ever again, clearly you can't handle a mature conversation without thinking I'm being homophobic or troll.

What a relevant contribution.
  • ArchaonArchaon Member Posts: 24
    Amen to that, @SandmanCCL ... I'd also like to see non-caster females, and why not, lesbian or bi. The warrior lesbian is probably a bit of a trope though, so maybe a little more thought would be needed. I'd say a solid female halfling rogue, lesbian, and a female human ranger or paladin, bi.