Skip to content

Female-Female romance

Comments

• TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    I agree, With Viconia, a rivalry would be more appropriate as a starter. Aerie's would likely be longer... and she'd likely have a reverse bell-curve of confidence, as she would initially identify with you as a fellow woman, but would be confused by CHARNAME's advance or her own confused attraction. Since she is well read, and knows what relationships are, Do you know how prevelent homosexuality is in Faerun? that would be a big part of the deal.

Jaheira's is just so... ward & Guardian if it were to be that way (She could never be with another man again... a woman...? maybe...) Not much would likely change.

As to Anomen's romance, I'd rather just not see it as he woos his hand into committing un-paladin-like behaviors...

What? OH! You meant actually, sorry :P I dunno, I did his story and he grows up nicely, but I was a guy at the time so I have no insight into it :3
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    @Moira To be fair, I thought that the BG2 Banter Pack and BG2 Flirt Pack added a lot to Anomen. He's still an idiot at first, but it was more enjoyable during the commitment stage. Modders did a great job on those two mods.
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    edited September 2012
    zarffyn said:

To be fair, I thought that the BG2 Banter Pack and BG2 Flirt Pack added a lot to Anomen.

I've heard this from others too, and I'd be interested in seeing how the modders handled him :) I've used those mods (and love them!) but never tried the Anomen content.

I was originally really disappointed in the Anomen romance, and hated every moment I had to (due to my studies O.o) replay it since then. I recently watched a David Gaider video interview where he mentioned that Anomen wasn't originally written as any kind of a LI, and the romance had to be added to him after the character had been created. I finally found myself forgiving the BG2 devs half of the grudge that has staid with me all these years ;) (The other half is that there was only that one romance for female chars, and it only added insult to injury that Jaheira and Viconia romances are so good.) But it has been so long now that I think I could see Anomen with new eyes, especially with the help of quality modding - and a new portrait. That smug smile still makes me want to buttkick for goodness.
    The smile takes on a different meaning after all his personal quests. He's humbled and remade with a much more paladin-like man. Originally it was the smile of baseless confidence and arrogance. By the end, it's a smile of genuine compassion and eagerness to do good in the world.

And then Ilock him and Haer-Dalis in the same room as me when the slayer dream comes for looking at the little winged elf one too many times (jk)

That was my experience at least, I really felt different about him and all aspects of his character after running through all his story.
    @TenYaiba Well, assuming he becomes a LG knight of the order, I could see that.

If he fails his test, and becomes CN...still a smile of baseless confidence and arrogance. ;)

He's kinda fun that way. But definitely not in a party with Aerie. No no no.
    Oh lol, I always had him pass... I didn't know he COULD ACTUALLY fail! for some reason... that makes me all warm inside :P
    Yup, if he convince him to take justice for his sister's death into his own hands. After failing the test, he pretty much has a mental break (hence becoming CN). I only played it out that way once, but it is rather interesting.
    Huh, I didn't go that rout, but then again, I didn't bother doing it very many times. I learned something new today.

A day is never lost...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Shandyr said:

If you take revenge on that guy in the bridge district, his son escapes. Will that guy show up again and make more trouble if you keep Anomen in your party?

Are you talking about the man who allegedly killed Anomen's sister? If so, I don't believe so. However...

If you take matters into your own hands, you later find out he wasn't responsible for her death. Anomen's father disinherits him, and can potentially kill his father, depending on how you choose your words.

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Am I the only person who is grimly amused that all the people who think a gay male romance is "Bad" and "Unnatural" never seem to make it to this thread?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Shandyr Sounds fine to me. Does that mean we're in the closet? ;)
    Yay! This thread! I love this thread! I support adding 1000 NPCs, 1/4th of them gay males.
    edited September 2012
    On a serious note mind if we do a little number crunching? Just to see exactly who is in need?

Aerie: Good-Neutral Male Humans Elves Half-Elves Halflings and Gnomes.
    Anomen: Good-Evil (Alignment changes) Female Humans Elves Half-Elves Halflings (And anyone else?).
    Jaheira: Good-Evil Male Humans Helces Half-Elves Halflings (And anyone else?).
    Viconia: Good-Evil (Alignment changes) Male Human Half-Elf Halflings Half-Orc (Anyone else?).

Am I just crazy? Isn't Nalia a romance option? All I know is that you can get married to her for the Keep fortress, but I don't know if that's all it is...

Edit: Halflings
    Post edited by TenYaiba on
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    @TenYaiba Add Halflings to all romances.

Nalia isn't an official romancer option, but there's a mod for it, I believe.
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    @Moira There's 2 mods for it. 1 of them you get married in the Keep.

@TenYaiba And didnt you miss the halflings in that list?
    I Did, my bad, edited in.

So that leaves, officially at least...

Evil Male Gnomes
    Female Gnomes
    Female Half Orcs
    Male/Female Dwarves
    Same-sex Anythings

as those that get nothing at all in BG2

With BGEE and the current additional Characters:
    Neera (CG/NG? Half-Elf) For Male ?Races
    Rasaad (LN Human) For Male/Female? ?Races
    Dorn (LE Half-Orc) For Male/Female? ?Races

That's quite a variable, there... but Dorn will likely accept half-orcs on top of the usual rigamaroll, maybe he won't take elves or half elves? Rasaad may accept anyone... especially if he's the bisexual option. Neera... Does anyone have more insight on her character than the splash from the main portal?

So it looks like Female Half-Orcs are likely taken care of. And we know a couple of Male Same Sex groups are going to get an option.

I don't know if we can say anything for sure about the other groups, any thoughts about a new character to cater to these groups?
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    Oh god... I really hope Dorn doesn't refuse half-elves... that's what I always play... :(

Ok, well I've always thought an atypical dwarf with a fun personality would be a great romance. He'd be CA, but good guys can also fall for bad girls, so he'd romance any alignment. Can dwarves be rogues? I doubt they can, but if they can it would be cool if he was a rogue or fighter/rogue. He could romance any female of any race. If they want to be mean restrict elves, but I don't see the need.

I think a CN Female Halfling who has a mean streak would be just awesome. I'd want her to be bisexual, and also any race could romance her. She'd be exceedingly enthusiastic to the point of harassment with half-lings, and with the larger races there would be a dialogue discussing the differences in 'size' and ultimately how little she cares. She'd also romance any alignment.

I want to come up with more little blips... but I've got a doctors appointment so gotta run. :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @EpitomyofShyness

Thieves (along with Fighters, Clerics and Barbarians) are one of the few classes with no race restrictions.

• kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    This goes back to a discussion from the last page but I always thought the reason why Aerie wasn't put off by the Haer'Dalis being a tiefling was that she didn't understand what that meant. Remember that he basically 'passes' as an elf himself while on the prime material plane, and if any NPC would never have heard of tieflings before it would be Aerie.
    edited September 2012
    CA? Californian? or Chaotic-Awesome? jk

@kilroy_was_here Aerie is well read, and despite lack of real-world experience is still a useful cleric-mage even in the party of a godling. That's quite a lot of theoretical knowledge in my mind. Especialy with clerics and mages being more concerned with the planes, I'd be convinced of the opposite.

Timidity and shyness do not equate to unintelligence, and a lack of practical experience, in order to reach her levels would necessitate huge amounts of book-knowledge. Besides... whenever I play, she's there for the big exposition. I think that her hesitance and subsequent overcoming of it is an indicator of the argument that she's accepting of anyone that would both be sympathetic to her plight and be supportive of her current actions, be they tiefling or bhaalspawn.

That's how I see it, anyway...

On that note, seriously available Romance options? Bhaalspawn! Child of the dead god of murder is ok as long as they're X race? srs? gaiz... srsly.
    Exactly!

Nobody minds that you can turn into the freaking SLAYER and rip people apart with your bare hands, but turning back into a dwarf afterwards?

Potential Love Interest: 'Ew, too much beard (for female dwarves insert sideburns for beard) do not want...'

How shallow is that?
    srs. gaiz... srsly. srsly gaiz. srsly...

In fact, shouldn't the Slayer be viewed as CHARNAME's "True Form"? The mortal shell you inhabit is only who you really are if you give up your essence.

TANGENT TANGENT! Why do you give up your romance if you god up? Your lover is in epic levels! Prime candidacy for demi-godhood, or for particularly magnanimous godlings, sharing of full divine ranks! WE CAN HAVE BOTH! Why did a SOLAR of all beings in the multiverse and all party members AND CHARNAME choose the most important moment in their lives to all hold the Idiot Bhaal? I mean Idiot Ball.
    @TenYaiba I never thought of that. How hard can it be to create a few lines of unvoiced text and some new epilogue slides?

Calling all modders...
    edited September 2012
    It needs to be done. I will write it, mimicking the other endings style if you need me to. I can't mod though :(
    @TenYaiba @kilroy_was_here

The Kelsey mod sorta does this. Not an actual on-going relationship, but if CHARNAME ascends, there are some different dialogues that kind of nod to the new god's affection for Kelsey. Plus...

Spoiler for the Kelsey TOB mod:
    The player can choose, through dialogue, to become pregnant by Kelsey. (It's not required and doesn't happen automatically.) If so, there are special dialogues for their child, especially if CHARNAME chooses not to have abortion-by-Solar and STILL ascend to godhood.

Seriously. The Kelsey mod has a LARGE amount of epilogues, to account for some different choices over the course of the relationship.
    Is that only the one character, Kelsey, though?

I'd want the Both option for existing characters... no one in particular in mind...
    edited September 2012
    It's the only one I'm aware of that comes close. I think I always turn down godhood for the LI.

I dunno...I think CHARNAME as a god will be busy dodging assassination attempts from Cyric, lol.

EDIT: Was thinking about whether Ao really let's the gods play much (aside from forcing them to, in the Time of Troubles). Finder wandered about with his priest, but he was pretty low on the power scale. The more powerful you are, the harder it might be to get away with it.

But, hey, maybe for a quick romp now and then? ;)
    edited September 2012
    I would think splitting your DR with your Epic Level Lover, especially if you have kids (Spontaneous DRs) would be a wise choice, on a survival basis. Two gods even at half DR is favoured in a fight. Furthermore, you can use your Lover-God as a spirit phylactery (SP lol) Seems lika something any 23 Int Epic Level Mage could come up with >:|
    Post edited by TenYaiba on