Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• BlueRaithBlueRaith Member Posts: 6
    I don't think it's recognizing the game folder, because it's not giving me a simple install option. I've unzipped the file into the game folder, however when I run the program it gives me General Input Options, followed by a bunch of options such as set the game directory, and set game directory to the one where X is installed, so on and so forth, then it prompts me to hit enter for even more options. That's repeated about eight times.... Yeah, I figured it looked way more complicated than it should be considering how easy the rest of your mods are to work with lol.

Do you think it's a problem with how I unzipped the file? Does anything else besides the .exe need to be in the game file? Because the rest of the files were extracted as one file called mng31_snipe_fix.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    This is what I have in my folder from the extraction. I'm not at all sure what's going wrong. :/

And this is what the .exe looks like when I run it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yep, all those files are accounted for. I've tried putting the .exe in with those files, I've pulled all those files out into the game directory with the .exe to see if the .exe would see them there, re-unzipped it all to see if I messed something up the first time, re-downloaded it and then unzipped it again.... It's being particularly stubborn lol.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

EDIT - this fixes the reappearing-ability thing, not the gnome thing. Is gnome kensai even a legit choice? I confess I never considered it. But in any event this mod shouldn't have anything to do with race at all, so this might be indicative of a deeper bug...

Gnome fighter would be, so that makes it valid, mechanically.
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2017
    Quick question. While running a BWS install (I usually use this set up or something very similar every time with no issues) I have been getting an issue where innates for selecting a feat or for swashbuckling don't appear for the corsair (I'd guess it's something messed up with all the fighter kits.

I was wondering if you had any idea what could be causing this? And if there was a simple way to show you my BWS install so you could see if there was something causing this. Thanks
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited January 2017
    Don't know if it is reported, but the Beastmaster doesn't work. Installed the mod, was trying to build one and everything was exactly like it always was.

Edit: Was able to enforce the kits characteristics using EEKeeper, but not from character generation. And about the Werewolf form: is it possible to use Tweaks' Anthology werewolf form? Cause the one currently in use probably will make any character weaker in SoA-ToB.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    @subtledoctor

I tried with a level 16 ranger and was not impressed to be honest. My STR and CON actually became lower than it naturally is (19/19 against 20/20), Thac0 was worst, the only great thing was Regeneration (that I didn't tested) and AC (because I was using just a studded leather and an honest smile).
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    The whole shapeshift thing is only good in pnp where the various forms givs u utility. In pc games it always crap implementation. As a beasmaster warrior why should you transform into an inferior animal form ? A druid maybe fine if you want to fight in melee with it, but because its a caster, more of the time is a waste.
    Maybe need to create a mod with useful shapeshifts with various(but not too much) forms and immunities, special attacks.
  • TristeluneTristelune Member Posts: 12
    Hello. First of all, thanks for the work done on this mod.
    I met an issue toying with your mod. Sorry if this issue has already been reported.
    I'm a newbie when it comes to mods, and i'm currently experimenting with Might & Guile, most notably, using it as a basis to create my own kit.
    For this, I'm starting with the Bladesinger kit and change its abilities through the .2da.
    Bug after many failure in getting what I want, I realise that the kit doesn't get any new ability past level 9.
    I made a new, clean install of the mod, and even like that, without my personnal tweaks, it still doesn't get new abilities past level 9.
    For example, according to d5_blads.2da, Bladesinger should get a Bladesong ability at levels 1, 4, 8, 12 and every 4 levels thereafter. In game, i get the 3rd ability at level 8 but when I reach level 12+, I don't get any more use of the bladesong ability.
    I made another test with an ability that gives 1% Magic resist per level. It capped at level 9, which led me to assume level 9 is the limit for abilities to correctly apply.
    I use Might_and_Guile-3.1.3, and it is the only mod on this install.

Thank you for your insight on the matter.
    @subtledoctor Yup, I meant the kit description.
    edited January 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Seems very reasonable to me.
    edited January 2017
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello Subtledoctor,
    any chance you could make a wizard slayer kit class as described by Grum here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/22918/why-dont-you-play-as-the-wizard-slayer-kit-in-bg2/p4

I would do it myself, but I don't have the skills, so I had to ask.
    edited January 2017
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Thanks, it looks very tantilizing to start BGII again now...
    The Readme from the first post isn't particularly clear on Blades (description is virtually the same as Jongleur) and Skalds. (Are Skalds now Fighters or Bards?)
    Thanks for the explanation. Do Skalds still get +1 THAC0 every 6th lvl and 1 less spell per level?
    Any idea how that would combine with the altered spell tables from RR?
  • TristeluneTristelune Member Posts: 12

I'm starting with the Bladesinger kit and change its abilities through the .2da.
    I realise that the kit doesn't get any new ability past level 9.

Now this is baffling, and I'm not sure what to make of it. I'll investigate more once I have the 3.2 update finalized and released.
    Hello. Did you have time to investigate the matter? Do you meet it too? Or is it just me?
    edited January 2017
    Nooo, don't nerf Bladesong! No! It's innocent!

BTW, just be sure, because my question was actually two questions: the Skald no longer gets -1 spell per level?
    edited January 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on