Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ZerguuZerguu Member Posts: 37
    I don't know how possible it is but maybe "Ironskin Chant"(Stoneskin on entire party(limited))? "Haven Song" (better Sanctuary spell from clerics) ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Sounds good to me.

On side note: I have question - in my setup soulblade and corsair can use some scrolls, is it intended?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Regarding additional auras for bard, maybe something weird like "Controlled chaos" for jester: Cause enemy casters to get bed wild surges (maybe with chance or save).
  • bhill17bhill17 Member Posts: 10
    I think I have a bug. I haven't started my new playthrough but I was doing so testing with my mods installed and the bard kit seems to be not working correctly. whenever I make the character sometimes I don't get access to any of the changes added by this mod or the tome of blood and other times I do if I restart. Also the number of slots the bard gets at level 2 seems messed up before I got three with this mod but now I only get one
  • bhill17bhill17 Member Posts: 10
    sorry I didn't mean to be so vague all the bugs or issues you pointed out are in fact the issues I was having
    edited February 2017
    edited February 2017
    Agree, I do think that joggling long swords and scimitars is a terrible idea ;)
    edited February 2017

• The Bard's Hat will simply play the basic, generic bard song, whenever it is equipped. Granted, the basic bard song is not the strongest thing in the world... but this means your bard can switch to a different song, and play two different songs at once.

An always-on singing hat?

I'll just leave this here.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TLTvjZNMIE4

The party will have mush for brains before long. :)
    edited February 2017
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    That's very cool to hear.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Just like F&P make me to play all SoD as Cleric, M&G will make me to play Bard for the first time. Good Job!
  • helo138helo138 Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2017
    Hello subtledoctor,

I noticed as well, that mages are missing the bonus wizard spells from high Int. (Only because you mentioned it a few posts above.) Furthermore the AC-bonuses from high dexterity don´t match the description. My warrior has a bonus of -6 AC with a dexterity of 19. I don´t know if it is a bug or intended and only the description is not up to date.

Another minor thing regarding the Revised Monk Fists. It seems that the icons for normal- and ki-fists are reversed. Or do I get something wrong?

And hey, I´m very happy about the upcoming release of your Faiths and Powers mod. Should be awesome.

Will the spells from IWDification be integrated in the new release? Because I still have problems with some of the spells not working as intended.
    Additionally I noticed some false strings when activating innate abilities. I guess, that the FnP-beta, which I currently use, is not EET-compatible.
    Post edited by helo138 on
  • NordicBastardNordicBastard Member Posts: 2
    Maybe I'm just not getting how to use the skill but for Shadowdancer the innate ability doesn't seem to do anything. It is cast but nothing happens. I tried this with a clean BG2EE and IWDEE with just MnG installed and still does the same.

Also, I've noticed that the stalker has an issue with the gaining higher proficiencies going from two pips to three actually jumps to 4. Not a huge big deal but just reporting a bug.

Maybe I'm just not getting how to use the skill but for Shadowdancer the innate ability doesn't seem to do anything. It is cast but nothing happens. I tried this with a clean BG2EE and IWDEE with just MnG installed and still does the same.

Also, I've noticed that the stalker has an issue with the gaining higher proficiencies going from two pips to three actually jumps to 4. Not a huge big deal but just reporting a bug.

Yep, I've noticed it too, Shadow and Illusion Magic don't give any spells.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    Hey man, i read your overview on this mod but since im new to this series i dont really know what are the differences.
    So i want to ask you, does your approach to classes/kits give them more identity or realism? or they are just changes to make the classes more fun? or something else, dunno.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
  • ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2017
    Hi subtledoc,

First off, thanks for this great mod. Loving my Psypher PC and Alchemist Imoen!

I noticed that the delayed effects you put in the psionic powers are preventing combat from ending until all maximum hp has been restored. This causes problems with battle music and also prevents saving and resting after combat.

Right now the powers function like this:
    Maximum HP -4 permanently
    Maximum HP +1 after 6 seconds
    Maximum HP +1 after 12 seconds
    Maximum HP +1 after 18 seconds
    Maximum HP +1 after 24 seconds

If you change them to instead do the following, the combat state will no longer be prolonged:
    Maximum HP -1 for 6 seconds
    Maximum HP -1 for 12 seconds
    Maximum HP -1 for 18 seconds
    Maximum HP -1 for 24 seconds

I've tested this new way and it seems to work fine. What do you think? I will probably end up changing all the powers for my own playthrough. If I do I might post the edited files.
    edited February 2017
  • NordicBastardNordicBastard Member Posts: 2

I just uploaded a mod update (3.2.6), fixing Shadow Magic. (I'm working on a bigger update with more fixes and some more features, but I wanted to get this fix out the door quickly.)

This fixes the issue for me for the Shadowdancer. Oddly I have not been able to reproduce the Stalker weapon proficiency issue since upgrading even though I was able to reliably reproduce it before.
    edited February 2017
  • whileNotZerowhileNotZero Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2017
    Hi, love the mod! All of the mods under the Scales of Balance umbrella are great.

I'm having problems installing Might and Guile on EET using BWS. I think Faiths and Powers might be involved because a similar installation without F&P worked before. I tried installing with both an older version of M&G (automatically downloaded by BWS) and the latest release from GitHub. I've attached my WeiDU.log for both BGEE and BGEE2 and the SETUP-MIGHT-AND-GUILE.DEBUG file.

It fails installing the feats component, trying to read from the empty file B_IWD.ITM. I hope this helps, or that I've just made a mistake installing!

Edited to add: after continuing with the installation, other components have failed as well. I'm going to assume F&P is behind this, considering it was the most recently installed mod and it just got its public beta release hours ago.
    Post edited by whileNotZero on