Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CeraCera Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2017

I ran into a common problem with mods (at least in my experience) and my only successful fix is to just to put the game back in it's vanilla state, and not install the mods at all. Is there a way to fix this that I have missed over the years?

The first screen is supposed to be the kits for the rogue, which are fubar except for the classic kit choices (which have messed up explanations) and the second one is supposed to be a bladesinger.

Edit: It's only text errors, otherwise the classes function normally.
  • SizzSizz Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2017
    @subtledoctor Ok thank you :)

I have another bug to report though!

Also for some reason on IWDEE two of the npcs from IWDNPC v6, namely jestern (jester kit) and teri (swashbuckler kit) do not start with any "choose a feat" ability.

Also jestern does not have any "choose proficiency" or "choose specialization" from SOB.

This does not happen for any characters i create.

My install order is : I use BWS and i install most of the choices except kits and rules an tweaks.
    Then i install manually the rule and tweaks mods in the following order:
    divine remix
    house rules
    RR
    MIght and guile
    atweaks
    eetweaks
    tweaks anthology
    scales of balance

Maybe i do something wrong with my install order that makes this happen?
    Post edited by Sizz on
  • kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    @subtledoctor , quick question if you dont mind .looking at the Carapace ability (d5ps405) , I see it suppose to apply eff every 6 seconds ( I assume to grant the stoneskin effect ) .
    however the d5ps405a.eff file does not exist .
    I couldnt find in in the github as well. Am I missing something ? ( the stoneskin doesnt get applied at all )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • helo138helo138 Member Posts: 53
    @subtledoctor ,

sorry I have to pester you again with the monk fists. I picked up Rassad at level 1. He has 3 APR and his magic fists have an +4 THACO-bonus. Is this intended? I can live with the high APR, because his damage is not that high, but the THAC0-bonus looks like a bug. The normal fists get the same APR but no THAC0-bonus. Damage is 1d3(+strength-bonus) for both types. On level 5 (ee-keeper) the THAC0-bonus for normal or magical-fists doesn´t change, and the damage increases to 1d4. APR changes to 3,5. Damage and APR-increase work as the should, I think.

Another observation: The normal fists don´t reduce his strength (reduction for one-handed weapons from Scales of balance), but the ki-fists reduce his strength by one point. I think it should be either two points lower (like two weapon fighting, a little crippling) or no reduction.

To end on a positive note: I now played a few hours with the dynamic stats, and the work like a charm. Great work!! :)
  • Kiwi_LifterKiwi_Lifter Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2017
    A couple of queries for the Bladesinger kit:

1. All my bonuses disappear when I level up. I.e. my intelligence based save vs spells goes away. Any idea on how to keep them?
    2. My Bladesinger keeps getting stunned when he casts magic missile.

I think your ideas absolutely improve the game, and would be delighted if I could help you fix these two issues. Thanks!

Edit: actually all my magic missile casters are getting stunned eventually.
    Post edited by Kiwi_Lifter on
  • CrimsonBardCrimsonBard Member Posts: 17
    So I have another suggestion. I've been running through IWD:EE with the Blade bard and beat BG:EE last year with the MnG Bladesinger. Although I enjoyed playing with the Bladesinger, I think the Bard aura system you've made could be a great way of replicating some of the bladesinging abilities, if you wanted to give the kit an overhaul. For example, you could have a "Song of Fury" that increases APR, a "Lesser Bladesong" that increases AC, or a "Song of Celerity" that raises casting speed. I got those ideas from the (admittedly rather terrible) 3.5 Bladesinger PRC.

Also, I think the "Tactics" fighter feat abilities could use a bit of scaling to make them more useful at higher levels. Perhaps increase the THAC0 or AC bonus to +2 at 10th level and +3 at 20th level?

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    I'm currently playing IWD with the Feat System and Bard Overhaul components of this mod installed (arrived in the Vale of Shadows a short while ago), and I just wanted to leave a note saying I really appreciate it...

The pure-class Fighter is suddenly not a boring class anymore, and the aura-based Bard is also pretty nifty.

Thanks for this mod!
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, I'm looking at those feats and contemplating re-installing IWD:EE and adding the feats from M&G, because I'm having a blast in IWD with the Champions of Myrkul and Talos, but as fun as those are, they are in a sense just (this is a non-pejorative use of "just") fighters with specific feats (Smite, Spellcasting, and an immunity), and I'd like even more options and the ability to mix and match. I'm getting a whole new view of the Feat system, which I had previously ruled out as a bridge too far. I hadn't noticed that warrior feats are limited to unkitted fighters and single-class rangers. Unkitted fighters used to be soooo boring; they no longer have to be.

If I may suggest an improvement, consider adding more automatic feats, i.e. feats I don't have to activate specifically thorugh a button. They don't have to be individually powerful; they all add up. I tend to forget to use once/day abilities, even to the point of rarely using HLAs. Once you have a bunch of those, and lots of buffing spells to cast, and potions to drink, and items to activate, you tend to skimp and just wade into the fray half-buffed rather than to the hilt, because otherwise much of your gaming time will be spent waiting for everyone's special effects to kick in. Or at least that's my experience.

One idea for an automatic feat: Blunt Force Trauma. A warrior with this feat automatically inflicts +1 blunt damage per hit (or 1d2) with any type of (non-missile?) weapon in which he is Specialized (or should this be +++ ?).

This represents a skilled warrior angling his weapon just right for maximum effect as well as getting in attacks of opportunity even against types of opponents against whom his weapon might be less than useful. A skilled fighter would quickly realize that his long sword is not ideal when fighting golems, and so adapts his attacks accordingly to make the best of a bad situation. Against non-golem or undead enemies, this feat adds a little more damage per round, again showing weapon mastery (which, after all, is the entire point of unkitted fighters).
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2017
    Ah, sorry, may have missed an update, looked at the 3.4.4 version I downloaded some time ago. Or maybe i just misunderstood the readme.

I see the point about removing several layeres or stoneskin or mirror image at a time, but a mage can do all that from a distance with a casting of Magic Missile IIRC.
  • Kai50Kai50 Member Posts: 59
    HI I have really enjoyed this mod but I have recently come upon a problem both with this one and another. Basically I uninstalled all my mods in order to install a new one and there were some compatibility issues but I couldn't pinpoint what it was so I just uninstalled everything. When I ran the exe to install this mod again and came across the option to install the parts I had installed previously it said "re-install?" instead of "install?" option. like it was already installed even though I had uninstalled it and when I tried to either re-install or uninstall it came up with a load of errors the most prevalent being "Error this mod is to old (or to new) to install that component. download the latest version etc etc and then error tp2 not found. despite the tp2 definitely being there. I did download the most recent version of the mod as I did have an old one but it made no difference. this has happened with another mod too the monk overhaul but the mod is a few years old and seems like the author is not active on beamdog at the moment as I cant get hold of him. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I have tried to wipe everything and do a clean install but it seems like something is still getting left behind because it didn't do any good. Any help would be much appreciated! thanks.
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2017
    Hi there,

Just tried this mod, it's interesting and nice, and I love it.

And would like to point out few issues I have encountered.

1. The ranger kit for halfling - Halfling Slinger cannot be selected, i.e. I choose halfling as race in creation page and ranger, and that's it. No kit selection could be done.
    2. The bard kit for Gnome and elf cannot be selected either. Is that supposed to not being chose?
    3. The in-game class information for bard kit - Loresinger, seems broke or the kit not work properly. There is an ability Milil's Hymn mentioned in class information, but I never found it in my game. (attached)

I tried this mod in BWS and vanilla game without any mod, and these issues still appeared.

Can you take a look to them?

And thank you very much for making this mod. :)
    Post edited by franco8737 on
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52

@franco8737 Milil's Hymn just refers to that kit's bard song. Just use the bard song button. (Note, that bard song only applies if you don't use the bard song overhaul... if you do, then the kit gets a few of the revised bard songs instead.)

Elves and gnomes being bards seems to work on some games but not others. I need to figure out what the issue is.

The halfling Slinger thing is not good. I'll look into it.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Have a good day !
  • StalkingwolfStalkingwolf Member Posts: 22
    When I try installing this mod, I get the following error,

ERROR Installing [Psionics], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 178 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 205.
    Uninstalled 178 files for [MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2] component 205.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "might_and_guile/psi/d5_ps405a.eff")

My weidu log
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v15
    ~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: 2.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v14.0
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v14.0
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amount of -ahem- details and BG-style vs. description text!: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Bardolan's Briefing, by berelinde: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Scar's Spare Time, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Kim's Preoccupation, by jastey (WARNING - refer to the readme!): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Extension of Bjornin Encounter (Personal Wound Treatment), by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // No Starch in the Maypole: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Duke Eltan's Spare Minute, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Husam's Personal Preparation, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Laurel's Post-Hunting, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Bartus' Seduction, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Lina's Massage, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // First Night with Quentin, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Chatting Niklos Up, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Slythe and Krystin, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // No Regrets: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Purchased Love, by Thimblerig: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Hull: Heavy Duty, by Lava: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Late Night with Jaheira, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Sil's Blessing, by Lava: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Melicamp: The Poultry Boy, by Lava: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Reading with Rinnie, by Western Paladin: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Molly the Husband-Grabber, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // The Mourning of Centeol, the Spider Lady, by Lava: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // The Essential End, by Lava: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // The Harvestmen Lair, by Lava (mature content): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Great Zudini, by Kulyok (mature content): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Messenger, by Thimblerig: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Ender Sai, the Hero's Reward, by Thimblerig (WARNING - refer to the readme!): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // The Novelists, by Thimblerig: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // The Honest Lies of Two Riversides, By Lava: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Necromancer's Trouble, by jastey (WARNING - refer to the readme!): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Dinner with Thalantyr, by jastey: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Girdle of Gender Reactions, by Thimblerig, Kulyok, Domi, Lava, Lastknightleft, Twani, Jastey, Daisy Ninja Girl: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // The Surgeon's Dream, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // All That Left Was, by Lava and Thimblerig: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // A Childhood Friend, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Arlene the Working Girl, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Della May from Thay, by Kulyok: v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // A Dirty Guard in Candlekeep, by Kulyok (mature content. WARNING - refer to the readme!): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Phoenix Flame, by Kulyok (mature content): v1.6
    ~BG1RE/SETUP-BG1RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // Mikala the Monk, by Twani: v1.6
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in Gullykin: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v22.8
    ~CHATTYIMOEN/SETUP-CHATTYIMOEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chatty Imoen: Expanded Character Sounds: v1.2
    ~CHATTYIMOEN/SETUP-CHATTYIMOEN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Chatty Imoen: Add NPC Interactions: v1.2
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #0 // Add Wizard's Staff: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add circlets: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Circlet of Revelation: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #3 // Add inventory animation to circlets: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #4 // Add robe tweaks -> Add robes with original colorsets: v1.43
    ~MSFM.TP2~ #0 #6 // Add Robes of Archimagi with colorsets from Mr. Pennyway's Cosmetic Changes mod: v1.43
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feat System: 3.4.5
  • StalkingwolfStalkingwolf Member Posts: 22
    Thanks, its working fantastically now!
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    I don't know if you're aware of this, but CHA based Luck is gamebreakingly powerful. Really. There is no better stat than Luck in this game, and anything above 1 is absurd. Think of it this way: 2 points of Luck will roughly decrease spell damage by 50%, add +2 THAC0 and +2 to minimum damage rolls.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591

I don't know. Is it more powerful than +3 thac0 and +7 damage per hit?

I'd gladly trade all THAC0 and damage bonuses for 50% damage reduction from spell damage (and other Luck benefits), yes. :)
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    I wouldn't.
    For Warrior types, offensive builds tend to be more effective in these games (i.e. it's better to kill enemies quickly before they attack too often, than to try to weather many of their attacks).
    And large Thac0 and damage bonuses help a lot with that.

Also, how did you calculate that "50% damage reduction from spell damage" statistic?

Nalia has a permanent luck bonus from her personal ring, and it doesn't feel like she's noticeably less vulnerable to enemy mages than other party members with similar stats.