Skip to content

Some NPCs just can't take a joke.

SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
So, my latest run through I was playing an Assassin with an evil party plus Rasaad. Now as much as Edwin, Dorn, Kagain and Vic bicker among themselves, they could all come together and mess with dopey ole Rasaad.

At first Dorn and Edwin were like "a mission of vengeance, cool!" but after a while things turned. The cool kids began whispering to each other and laughing at the disheveled monk.

First it was notes pinned to his back: "Gibberling bait", "Crit Me!" "Will beat up drunken peasants for food.."

Then Edwin was apologizing to the poor guy: "I'm sooo sorry, to make it up to you, we've found this magical ring of defense, perhaps you should wear it."

Rasaad: "Thank you very much, it was not necessary, but I shall wear it with honor and in friendship!" He puts on the magical ring and the cool kids all begin laughing. He cannot see himself and doesn't know he's been transformed into a zombie.

Later Viconia tenderly caresses the ridiculed monk's face with her fingers. "Oh you poor male, you have been cursed. I cannot be seen to travel in the company of one who appears so foul. Here use this scroll. It has the power to remove curse!"

Rasaad thanks her, smiles and reads the scroll. There is a surge of magical energies and Rasaad is indeed transformed...into a statue. The cool kids bust out laughing and I can only shake my head in disbelief. They notice me and eye me nervously.

Kagain: "You're not mad at us, are you boss?"

MainChar:"Nah, he was dead weight, in fact this is the best he's looked since we met him! Besides, just listen to him."

Dorn leans towards the zombie statue and concentrates: "I don't hear a thing!"

Mainchar: "Exactly, that's best sound that sap has made since he joined us, silence!"

The cool kids relax and begin laughing anew.

Mainchar:"Alrighty my fab-five, let's go kill these guys and take their stuff!"

As we begin our descent into the snow filled valley, Viconia lingers a moment patting the Zombie statue on his head. "You just stay here and wait, wait just like you are, until...until...well until forever!"

I think Viconia's final bout of laughter is still echoing through the Cloudpeaks...

Oh yeah, some NPCs just can't take a joke.

Comments

• zimskeeterzimskeeter Member Posts: 3
    this is wonderful... i love that cursed ring xD
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Lmao, this was stupid in a awesome way.
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    edited September 2015
    Great post @Skarose!!

These are the kind of things I like to do in my runs!! It enhances so much the role-playing, it feels like a new game.
    I certainly going to do too!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The great thing about the zombie ring is that you can get two of them (one in the bandit camp and another in the Cloakwood spider area). Thus, you can make a companion with 8 Charisma at most (for example, Kagain or Kivan) die instantly if you make them put both on. However, for some reason you will only be able to retrieve one of the rings from their corpse.

Another similar way to kill a companion is to make them drink a Violet Potion (which sets their Dexterity to 3), then make them drink a Potion of Stone Form (which decreases their Dexterity by 3).

Not to mention cursed scrolls.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've always thought about giving a NPC Ring of Clumsiness/Ring of folly, Bracers of Binding/Elander's Gloves of Misplacement and Kiel's Morningstar/cursed sword of berzerking and then dropping them off somewhere fun like durlag's tower and imagine them running around, dumb, berzerk and unable to find a priest with for remove curse. Even if they find a priest they are prolly gonna attack him/her rather than ask for a remove curse, hehe.. Never done it though. Maybe a belt of masculinity/femininity to top it off as well.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Anyone crazy enough to try a cursed item run?
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited October 2015
    Oops, another party of mine, being led by a chaotic evil blackguard decided to prank Rasaad. This time he wasn't a statue, instead he is just a gibbering, weak, clumsy ghoul, who apparently spends his time with the children of Nashkel, who chase him around pelting him with stones and rotten vegetables. Through suffering the lawful good monk gains enlightenment...

That droll laughter you hear is my blackguard. He really enjoys helping enlighten people all over the Sword Coast!

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Might just try this on Dorn next playthrough...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Uncle Lester explained!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:

Uncle Lester explained!

For good reason! That cheap sweater was hideous!