Skip to content

Who is more Adorable: Gnomes or Halflings?

124»

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited March 2016
    Related. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqCkDcx6KIs&ab_channel=Rurikar

Edit: Also, Wowcrendor is awesome. I forgot all about that video XD
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Considering their popularity in some threads I would say the correct answer is kobold :)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @mlnevese: How do you pronounce your name?

Because I always thought it was pronounced "mill-nee-verse," even though it doesn't have an "r" in it.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @mlnevese: How do you pronounce your name?

Because I always thought it was pronounced "mill-nee-verse," even though it doesn't have an "r" in it.

AH CRAP IT DOESN'T HAVE AN "R" IN IT!

That's how I've been saying it in my head too!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @semiticgod @Vallmyr So you're trying to break the secret of my name? mwuahhahahahhaah (note to self... send a suggestion to Vanilla Forums Administration... we really need the maniac laughter emoji) :wink:
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    I can't believe it but I actually voted.

FOR FRODO !!
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Halflings have remained relatively consistent, essentially smaller humans with human-like proportions. Gnomes on the other hand, change designs nearly every edition, have extremely large noses that mess up their facial proportions, which aren't consistent either. I think I'll have to give it to halflings.

Plus I love playing halflings more than gnomes in D&D games.
    mlnevese said:

Considering their popularity in some threads I would say the correct answer is kobold :)

Deekin things boss may have taken a few too many hits to the head.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453

My favorite hobby is going to Gullykin and pinching those totally adorable halfling cheeks. My vote is a clear one!

As blackguard, my favourite thing is to visit that little village and replay the xvart camp partey! Harrrharrharrharr! Gwarrrrharrharrharr!

Gnomes for me, because of the crazy stories everywhere. If not Jan, then think of Oswald and his air travel adventures!
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918

They are both equally tasty in a well seasoned stew if that helps anyone to decide.

Thank you sir! This was exactly what I was looking for. Still though, which one is BETTER? I can't decide! :-(
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    We are not Halflings we are Hobbits and we are the cutest critters around so their....
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Gnomes are like the Ultimate Fantasy race tbh - they look like half dwarves half elves (now). . What else do you want? *.* <3
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited October 2016
    Rodrian said:

What else do you want? *.* <3 </p>

Personally? Humanoid ooze midgets! <3
    edited October 2016
    Yeah it is weird they change what Gnomes look like edition to edition but the Pathfinder/4e/5e version of them being to halflings what elves are to humans seems to have stuck. Small mystical fey-themed race. At least Forest Gnomes are. And then you have Rock Gnomes that are WoW/Dragonlance styled tech gnomes.

Pleases people that like the idea of 2e Gnomes being alchemists and more dwarf like (rock gnomes) and then the 4e Fey Gnomes (Forest Gnomes) and even then you have Deep Gnomes if you want some Drow with your Gnomes.