Skip to content

Fallout 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMS7Q4l1IE0

Anybody else is going to get this for Christmas?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I'll have to get a new computer first, most likely, but I do plan on getting it.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Not waiting on Christmas. I have a Pip Boy Edition pre ordered :)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I'm hoping for the best, but FO3 was definitely a disappointment. The gameplay is just so clumsy. We'll see.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Things I like in the trailer:
    - handy Brahmin
    - adorable Zeppelin ( ! ! )
    - Flying Sailship with rocket engines ( ! ! ! ! )
    - customizeable Powersuit ( ! )
    - self-created settlements ( ! ! ! )
    - huggable Deathclaw ( :3 )
    - Graphic details

Things I don't like in the trailer:
    - Stupid dog
    - terrible pre-war fashion sense from the 50's

I wish. I hope. I pray. That we can have other pets than some thrice-cursed, flea-ridden stray canine. Give me a molerat or radskorpion any day of the week. Even a horned kangaroo would be fine.... T_T
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Don't think I have computer enough to handle it, unfortunately. So it goes on the "to buy" list, where it will probably remain. Wish I could've gotten it, though.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited October 2015
    Of course I'll get it.. but I don't know if it's already at/for release/xmas.. Siege of Dragonspear and Sword Coast Legends come first :) !!!

Don't ever make a bet with a tiefling. - Planar proverb.

I wish. I hope. I pray. That we can have other pets than some thrice-cursed, flea-ridden stray canine. Give me a molerat or radskorpion any day of the week. Even a horned kangaroo would be fine.... T_T

Dogmeat is a staple of Fallout, of course, going all the way back to its influences from A Boy and His Dog and the dog from from Mad Max: Road Warrior.

I don't get Dogmeat as a companion often but I do usually like Rex from FONV because his Search and Mark perk is really handy. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind a Nightstalker pet.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Finally... companies are slowly releasing next gen games I would like to play.

But I will probably hold off about a year before committing to updating any of playing systems.

And I am also surprised an unmutated animal is still alive in the game (and a carnivore no less). It should have been consumed a long time ago. Poor immersion for a cheap call of doodie clone.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Dogmeat is a staple of Fallout, of course, going all the way back to its influences from A Boy and His Dog and the dog from from Mad Max: Road Warrior.

I don't get Dogmeat as a companion often but I do usually like Rex from FONV because his Search and Mark perk is really handy. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind a Nightstalker pet.

Dogmeat (or a dog in any event, I can't remember his name) was in the original Wasteland as a companion. I remember he kept on dying as we stomped through the radioactive wasteland looking for the vault. So it is nostalgia and pretty much accepted.

Besides, Dogs are a man's best friend.

@Kurumi - just an fyi, the font colors are cool and all, but against the black background they are rather hard to read. Just so you know.

Dogmeat (or a dog in any event, I can't remember his name) was in the original Wasteland as a companion. I remember he kept on dying as we stomped through the radioactive wasteland looking for the vault. So it is nostalgia and pretty much accepted.

Not in Wasteland--no animal companions there. You could pick up Mad Dog Fargo in Darwin Village, though, presuming you could cure his illness.

I suppose you could keep the Pariah Dog as a companion in Fallout 2, if you really wanted to. Good luck with that. I did once read that someone attempted a Pariah Dog run through Fallout 2, taking melee and unarmed as tag skills with Jinxed as a perk--critical misses for melee and unarmed aren't that bad (the worst case being crippling your own arm while punching or swinging a yakuza blade) and all your enemies get jinxed, as well.

On a slightly related note, I have to admit that the one thing I don't like about new VATS compared to old VATS is that now you can't target the eyes. That was the easiest way to knock someone out or kill them quickly in Fallout2.

@Mathsorcerer - I am quite positive that you could have a dog companion in Wasteland. as I said, I remember him repeatedly dying as I stomped through the wasteland looking for the vault.
    Except...there aren't any Vaults in Wasteland, only Fallout. Oh well, it isn't that big of a deal so I won't worry about it.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I will just wait for the game of the year edition complete with all DLC... As I did with Fallout 3 and NV :)
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited October 2015

I don't get Dogmeat as a companion often but I do usually like Rex from FONV because his Search and Mark perk is really handy.

Oh God, Rex is a moron. The first time I took him along, he kept running off and getting himself killed. Never again. He's in my party just long enough to do his side quest, while ED-E is being upgraded, then back to Freeside he goes. I don't even let him hang out in my Lucky 38 suite.

As for Fallout 4, I've gotten into the habit of only buying Bethesda's games when they release their GOTY/Ultimate editions, and I'll most likely do the same with this title. I just can't see paying $70 for the initial game, then spending just as much after that to get all the DLCs.

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    No, I'm not planning to get that game. I want to play "Fallout", not "Skyrim with guns".
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    If guns really make you so mad, please uninstall the gun mod from Skyrim

Then play Fallout 4 when it comes out
    I won't play a game of the "Fallout" (in name only I might add) game that is made by developer who can make only the Elder Scrolls. Modern "Fallout" games aren't like earlier games at all and I won't be content with that fact. Bethesda literally butchered the licence, and people are somehow content with it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    O_Bruce said:

I won't play a game of the "Fallout" (in name only I might add) game that is made by developer who can make only the Elder Scrolls. Modern "Fallout" games aren't like earlier games at all and I won't be content with that fact. Bethesda literally butchered the licence, and people are somehow content with it.

Oh lovely, they sent me a nostalgia goggler.

Oh lovely, they sent me a nostalgia goggler.

Not much of a nostalgia when I first played Fallout game about 2 years ago. Meaning it was really dated already.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I'll get it the day its released.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    The Fallout 1/2 gameplay system is too outdated to make games like it dude

as proven with wasteland which tried and turned out to be crap
    I personally did not like NV. I know I am probably in the minority as far as that is concerned, but I could NOT get into the game. After having played the heck out of FO3, all the things that people say NV 'Fixed' from that game just seemed off "to me".

I also was a huge fan of Fallout 1-2 and wish there were more games like that. It did take me a while to make the jump to FO3, precisely because I am not very good at the whole First Person perspective, and the fact that so many games attempting to make that jump have just simply failed miserably. I felt that FO3 actually did a superb job of making the jump and I will definitely play FO4.
    Hmmm... Now I am a bit worried about VATS no longer being turn based. Maybe it won't be anything wrong with it, but I liked having the time to pick and choose and tactically plan my moves. While I am sure that is still a possibility, it will be harder.
    It won't make too much difference to me; I usually VATS for the head against animals or unarmed/melee opponents and the right arm against those using guns or energy weapons to disarm them. If I am sniping or using the Railway Rifle then I go for the legs.

I do miss Fallout 2 VATS, where you could target the eyes.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited October 2015
    Looks like the FPS action is about 100 times smoother than FO3. Awesome!

Wow the decision to make power armor truly special is great.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Only a matter of time until mods restore the old VATS system, amongst other things. Pretty sure someone will also do customizable power armors for canines, molerats, brahmins and deathclaw pets. Horse armor is always a must for Bethestda games after all.

I do miss Fallout 2 VATS, where you could target the eyes.

Go for the eyes Boo. Go for the EYES!!!

Looks like the FPS action is about 100 times smoother than FO3. Awesome!

Yeah, I just hope that doesn't mean that it will be more like an FPS in other respects as well. I'm not a huge fan of FPS in general.