Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Who's the Easter Egg NPC this time?

2

Comments

  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    kcwise said:


    Vala of the Silver Blades!

    Interesting theory :+1:

    kcwise
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Anduin said:

    I would like to see the Regal Rose from the story again...

    Now that's an interesting idea. Not actually very useful for alleviating the problems of party construction if she's a single-class Thief, since we already know that we've got Safana available ... but perhaps very useful if she's a Thief/something multi- or dual-class.

    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited January 2016

    Anduin said:

    I would like to see the Regal Rose from the story again...

    Now that's an interesting idea. Not actually very useful for alleviating the problems of party construction if she's a single-class Thief, since we already know that we've got Safana available ... but perhaps very useful if she's a Thief/something multi- or dual-class.
    Well from the story, she was able to sense a clairvoyance spell and seemed magical in nature.

    Another Imoen mage/thief type character. In fact I think her and Imoen would get on very well.

    ...

    HOLY GUACAMOLEY!

    I think I may have stumbled on the plot device / character that influences Imoen to dual class!

    *Anduin awaits clairvoyance badge and confirmation from @AndrewFoley *

    RodrianGallowglass
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Anduin said:

    Well from the story, she was able to sense a clairvoyance spell and seemed magical in nature.

    Another Imoen mage/thief type character. In fact I think her and Imoen would get on very well.

    ...

    HOLY GUACAMOLEY!

    I think I may have stumbled on the plot device / character that influences Imoen to dual class!

    *Anduin awaits clairvoyance badge and confirmation from @AndrewFoley *

    Brilliant, @Anduin! Either you're right, or the devs have sadly missed an excellent idea.

    Anduin
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited January 2016
    Maybe Regal Rose is Imoen. She funded thieves guild after all. The master thief :joy: :mindblown
    Altough, I think story goes that Imoen ends up lurking Sword coast and Neverwinter.

    Anduin
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @brus IIRC, Regal Rose is an dark haired elf :confused:

    Anduinbrus
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Rodrian said:

    @brus IIRC, Regal Rose is an dark haired elf :confused:
    I was so close.

  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2016
    image

    Ash
    Chaotic Neutral Human Paladin with shorty saving throw bonuses
    Strength: 18/90
    Dexterity: 15
    Constitution: 22
    Intelligence: 11
    Wisdom: 9
    Charisma: 25+

    Post edited by madmaximus on
    DaevelonAnduinNotabarbiegirl
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2016


    I love the idea, but you may be overestimating his intelligence and wisdom.

    Totally:D

    Edit: And it's impossible the 22 Constitution... Otherwise he would already have the hand back ;)

    Post edited by Daevelon on
    Anduin
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    ROFL! Bruce Campbell cameo is required now! I DEMAND IT!!!!!!!!!oneoneeleven!

    DaevelonNotabarbiegirl
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Tangential anecdote: We once managed (somehow?) to get Bruce Campbell to do voice over for some DLC for one of our games. He did three takes of each line, so that we could choose which ones we wanted to use to fit the style we were aiming for (1940s radio news reader like some older action movies do kinda thing). He was awesome, and to this day it's one of my favorite things I have worked on.

    Sadly, the Publisher never released the DLC, even though it was complete and uploaded to the relevant servers, they never "flicked the switch" =(

    @Lifat seconded!

  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    edited January 2016
    bengoshi said:

    I would be glad to see not joinable NPCs with forum names. Something like what Pillars of Eternity did with backers and backer NPCs. Imagine it. You go down to an area with undeads and find @Anduin there. Or you go to a forest and find @Nimran as a ferret there. Or you meet @Nonnahswriter as a travelling bard. The possibilities are endless, in fact.

    Lets see if the developers are brave enough to put references to themselves on NPC's that are killable! DIE @ANDREWFOLEY FOR NOT GIVING ME BRUCE CAMPBELL!!!!! :smiley:
    And just to make sure that everyone understand that my deaththreat should not be taken serious I'm going to spell it out! I actually like the beamdog devs for giving me BG:EE and BG2:EE and wish them long and happy lives...... unless they don't give me Bruce Campbell! GIVE ME BRUCE CAMPBELL!!!!!! /cry

    Notabarbiegirl
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    bengoshi said:

    I would be glad to see not joinable NPCs with forum names. Something like what Pillars of Eternity did with backers and backer NPCs. Imagine it. You go down to an area with undeads and find @Anduin there. Or you go to a forest and find @Nimran as a ferret there. Or you meet @Nonnahswriter as a travelling bard. The possibilities are endless, in fact.

    But... I would be constantly visiting the forest thinking up new ways to kill @Nimran ...

    JuliusBorisovAstroBryGuyNimranlolien
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Damn you all to hell! You've made me start to rewatch Burn Notice, just to get my Bruce Campbell fix!

  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,868
    deltago said:

    Anduin said:

    bengoshi said:

    I would be glad to see not joinable NPCs with forum names. Something like what Pillars of Eternity did with backers and backer NPCs. Imagine it. You go down to an area with undeads and find @Anduin there. Or you go to a forest and find @Nimran as a ferret there. Or you meet @Nonnahswriter as a travelling bard. The possibilities are endless, in fact.

    But... I would be constantly visiting the forest thinking up new ways to kill @Nimran ...
    There would be five ferrets there chucking cookies at you and one ferret ghost attempting to backstabbing you. The cookies would be lootable, however at a cost of -20 Rep, and the ferret ghost following you around the rest of the game.

    The player can attack Anduin to help the ferrets, but the mummy wouldn't die. @Shandyr would teleport in and cast time stop proclaiming only he is allowed to kill the mummy where he would then cast the veggie teleport spell saving his nemesis and himself before the time stop wore off. In there place would be a piece of broccoli and cauliflower with special powers when consumed, bit if consumed together, great doom!

    But that would totally break immersion and have protest threads pop up everywhere, so wait for the mod.

    *whispers* The :cookie:s are worth it.

    [Deleted User]Anduinbruslolien
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,809
    brus said:

    Actually, I'm already in the game as Gaelan Bayle's nephew Brus. I aproach and ask the party to come back to the Slums and speak to Gaelan, who is now also prepared to lower the price to 15000 GP.

    In SoD, Brus is not even born. So, I'm off the list :cry:

    I think you'd be born. Brus is like 8-12 in the game and there is not a decade inbetween games so, it is doable. However, having a five year old thief/urchin in the party would be hard to explain.

    You also escort the party sfter leaving Bayle's house the first time to your stronghold quest.

    bruselminsterJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,177
    Since he made a cameo in Neera's quest, I'm betting on Rocky the flying squirrel. He'll become fast friends with Boo. Maybe even becoming his steed! Oooh, I hope somebody can come up with a good picture of that...

    JuliusBorisov
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 134
    Lifat said:

    ROFL! Bruce Campbell cameo is required now! I DEMAND IT!!!!!!!!!oneoneeleven!

    Groovy

  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited January 2016
    Daevelon said:


    I love the idea, but you may be overestimating his intelligence and wisdom.

    Totally:D

    Edit: And it's impossible the 22 Constitution... Otherwise he would already have the hand back ;)

    But his hand had him back!

    DaevelonNotabarbiegirlmadmaximuslolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,868
    If only ferrets weren't using the groundhog sprite... :heartbreak:.

    I like the idea of ferret me prodding @Nonnahswriter to write a story about :cookie:s, giving her inspiration for a new children's book: The Lonely :cookie:, at which point she wanders off and leaves me there as I sit lost in my own thoughts about :cookie:s.

    :kissing_heart::cookie:

    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
Sign In or Register to comment.