Skip to content

David Gaider left BioWare! How about... working on BGNext, David?

13»

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Dreams do come true! Welcome @David_Gaider !
    lolienJuliusBorisovNotabarbiegirlJonelethIrenicus
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The Evil Empire is crushing the life (talent) out of what used to be a great gaming company. Curse Bioware for selling themselves out.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ... and viva new companies!
    GreenWarlockCrevsDaak
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @AndrewFoley - Don't feel so bad about it. My now Ex-wife when she was cutting our wedding cake, made the thing implode. I swear we were looking for some form of explosive in the wreckage afterwards.
    GreenWarlockCrevsDaakAerakar
  • GromnirGromnir Member Posts: 7
    we cook. we don't bake. cooking is art and baking is chemistry. baking sucks. nevertheless, am recalling a 4-layer chocolate cake we made in the recent past. heck, we even frosted the whole thing, which is more difficult than it sounds as our left hand is partial paralyzed. anywho, we make this beautiful cake and everybody is enjoying, save the one person with (we suspect) debilitating ocd.

"it looks like a crazy person cut it."

in our humble opinion, complaints 'bout cake-cutting skills is more a condemnation o' the critic than they is o' the yutz with questionable knife skills.

HA! Good Fun!
    Cerevantlolien
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

My wedding cake bled when my wife and I cut it (seriously. We also had the shower attack music from Psycho playing when we did it.)

For me it was one of the songs from Twilight. That was scarier (not from the content but quite what it said about my ex) in my book. But touche.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    Gromnir said:

we cook. we don't bake. cooking is art and baking is chemistry

How much of an art baking is depends on what you want to put into it and what you want to get out of it. :)
    AstroBryGuyCrevsDaakAerakarlolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    SethDavis said:

written to performance demands that encouraged every clever trick in the book

... I recently found a function that multiplied the contents of two empty variables into a third, then assigned values to the first two variables, then continued to never use any of them ... but I may be off topic
    LMAO. Was the function expected to do that at least?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Unless David Gaider was hired because he is an excellent cake-cutter, this topic has veered seriously off-topic, just saying.
    BelgarathMTHAerakar
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    edited February 2016

Unless David Gaider was hired because he is an excellent cake-cutter, this topic has veered seriously off-topic, just saying.

Well he *is* the Creative Director, no? And it is not only an art to bake cake, but also to cut it.
    I am sure @David_Gaider was hired to create new, creative ways to cut it u_u

Beamdogs Cake Simulator confirmed? *_*
    Post edited by Arcanis on
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Arcanis said:

I am sure @David_Gaider he was hired to create new, creative ways to cut it u_u

But that doesn't exactly cut the cake as to why he's so popular with the fans.

Aerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited February 2016
    Both David Gaider and Chris Avellone are now in Australia, at GXAustralia, so here comes the hope ;)

I wonder, if that is a hint by Dee? ...being in the same room... like it could be the case in Edmonton, right? ;)
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    brus
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited February 2016
    Nah, they're just both going to be at GX, and I know @liamesler likes to bring people together. There's a lot of writers going, those were just the two whose Twitter handles I could remember. :wink:
    Post edited by Dee on
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    bengoshi said:

...being in the same room... like it could be the case in Edmonton, right? ;)

When the weather in Edmonton's like the weather in Australia we'll get all the writers.

CerevantNimran
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    How I reacted to the news
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited February 2016
    With Gaider now at Beamdog it makes me wonder if more Baldur's Gate would mean a new entry in the series or a starting over with a full on remake with modern gameplay and graphics?
    RAM021
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2016
    They are working on BG3, using traditional style graphics with a new/rebuilt engine (probably similar to PoE) and 5th edition rules. It will, potentially, be the first episode in a second Baldur's Gate trilogy. It will be set around 100 years later, and will deal with the return of Bhaal and the decendents of the Bhaalspawn (plural).
    JuliusBorisov
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2016
    I think they said in the stream that Adventure Z was cancelled and future project is not set.
    Though, writers are probably thinking about the concept of the next game and in what direction should sail.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2016
    I'm sure they know exactly what they are working on, and are hireing acordingly. But experience from the SoD forum tells them that some people don't cope very well with the idea that an anounced project may still be years away from release, so we are unlikely to have an official anouncement this side of 2018.
    Son_of_ImoenGreenWarlock