Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2012
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2254/drm#latest

There you go dude :)
    Put your gots into it ;)

Edit :

link from site:

If you've got a question that isn't answered here, or if you'd like to provide us with some feedback, feel free to post on our forums or send an email at contact@beamdog.com
    @reedmilfam lol !!!!!!

Im a man with a lot of opinions... And i dont like either of them!!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @lordkim Thanks for being ok with my joshing! I have lots of opinions, too. I just don't like beating other people in the head with them!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    @reedmilfam You forgot to add religion in the topics for the whine-fest. I don't know but I think it's an unforgivable oversight ;)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @mlnevese OMG! How could I forget! No horse is safe!
    mlnevese
    @reedmilfam . well you got humor and i like it ;)

@reedmilfam let's not mention sports either... or politics... I don't want an undead horse hunting us :)
  • kodachromekodachrome Member Posts: 2
    Any chance the FAQ can be updated for reflect the correct release date for Mac and Ipad, as clearly they were not released in September..
    Also just realised today that as its not on Steam I have to buy BGEE on both PC and Mac!? FAQ states it "would be neat to offer both, but no major stores we are using offer this".

Well, um, start offering Steam, soon it will be supporting Linux too, thats 3 platforms for one purchase, all seamless.
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Just a two questions:

1. Will the DLCs have the same type of DRM as the original game or will you need to be connected to the net in order to use them in play (as in the Dragon Age games for example)?

2. I know this is very early, but is there any idea about the general timeframe for the release of BG2EE? I'm not talking about dates, obviously, just a general idea - within a year, 2 years, 3?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Just a two questions:

1. Will the DLCs have the same type of DRM as the original game or will you need to be connected to the net in order to use them in play (as in the Dragon Age games for example)?

2. I know this is very early, but is there any idea about the general timeframe for the release of BG2EE? I'm not talking about dates, obviously, just a general idea - within a year, 2 years, 3?

1. I doubt you will have to be online in order to play the DLC, The game itself have only install verification so I dont see any reason that the DLC wont be the same

2. BG2:EE is planned to be released somewhere in 2013
    callimachus
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Q: When is a BG:EE trailer coming?
    A: Soon!

Sketchy
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Is there still going to be a maximum limit to advance in levels? For an example, is there a maximun level of 20 for each character?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Its very likely that an experience cap will still be present.
    edited November 2012
    JosefineS said:

Is there still going to be a maximum limit to advance in levels? For an example, is there a maximun level of 20 for each character?

This has been brought up many times, but it's safe to say at minimal the level cap of ToTSC will be in place. New content is going to be added over time so a level cap increase either at launch or at time of the DLC may happen. My vote is to leave the ToTSC level cap in place.

The issue veteran players have is how would a potential level cap increase in BG1 affect BG2 imports? The beginning of BG2 is designed for a specific level, so I don't see how allowing a player to import a character of significantly higher level (through increase in BG1 caps) into BG2:EE would be balanced. I understand that this is outside of the scope of BG1 at the moment, but I think it should be considered when designing the BG:EE cap. It's easier to set the cap now, than it is to try and take it away when 2 ships.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Question: When does the NDA get lifted?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Never.
    I don't really know but never seems like a safe bet
    Mornmagor
    If it works as other NDAs I've seen I'd say they'll never be lifted. Only the developer have the liberty of discussing any aspect of the product. In this case even the developers have contractual limitations.
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Anyone knows that BGEE will have voices in the different languages (EX:spanish, italian, etc...) ​​or will be only in english on the release? I mean would only be the voices that had the original game in your language?
    Sophia
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I was hoping to prepare myself with some Blackguard details 5 days or so before release, or even 2 days, or 1!

(I'll just prepare myself accordingly with the proper pills in case i don't like something) :p
  • emfleckemfleck Member Posts: 9
    Posting this here for lack of a better place.

Will the stats in the instruction book (yes I kept it from the original game 14 years ago...) still apply, the increases based on what points you put in and the racial bonuses and such?
    edited November 2012
    @emfleck

We are supposed to be getting a new, three piece manual. There have been no more details than that though.

Specifically for attribute tables, most in the original book will still be applicable as the 2nd Edition rules have not changed. But like all content in the book, there are errors throughout, so the BG:EE manual will be more accurate.
    Kristie83Oxford_Guy

@emfleck

We are supposed to be getting a new, three piece manual. There have been no more details than that though.

Specifically for attribute tables, most in the original book will still be applicable as the 2nd Edition rules have not changed. But like all content in the book, there are errors throughout, so the BG:EE manual will be more accurate.

Sounds good, maybe they'll offer a limited edition leather bound made from dire bear skins.
    Fina92
    edited November 2012
    emfleck said:

@emfleck

Sounds good, maybe they'll offer a limited edition leather bound made from dire bear skins.
    Would probably cost about schfiftyfive dollarz aye?

emfleck said:

Would probably cost about schfiftyfive dollarz aye?

Not a bad price, two different ones would be cool too, one for lawful good and lawful evil.
    beto
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Tanthalas said:

Its very likely that an experience cap will still be present.

I think I read once that some folks in the modding community expect to release both an XP cap remover and an EE version of Shadowkeeper very soon (if not almost immediately) after release of BG:EE. Can anyone confirm?

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I can't even see a reason why existing level cap removers wouldnt work for enhanced edition
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm sure the general architecture of the game files will remain. In which case it'll be a simple case of editing the XPCAP.2da file and you should be good to go.
    Coriander
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Yes, you just have to twiddle the values in the 2DA.

@Lemernis I haven't heard anything about Shadowkeeper but DLTCEP and Near Infinity are keeping up with EE.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Coriander i recently learned of erephine's 1pp mod and that it will be included in the game, which is great news! i can't believe i missed it until now and i fiddled with a lot of mods (i've heard of it before but i took a close look after a thread on this forum) i guess i thought a few shields don't matter that much. O.o

i could'n find any information if improved spell effects are also being included, along with shields and paperdolls (and flaming swords)... well, are they? please?
This discussion has been closed.