Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

Comments

• PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    I don't think it matters if it was a joke or not.
    If someone found it funny, then it was a joke.
    If someone took it serious, then they should answer the question as to why paying for DLCs is cheaper than buying the whole game.
    And if someone doesn't care, and wants to ignore it, someone can choose to do that too.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I thought it was funny!
    PinkRose
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    PinkRose said:

If someone took it serious, then they should answer the question as to why paying for DLCs is cheaper than buying the whole game.
    And if someone doesn't care, and wants to ignore it, someone can choose to do that too.

In other words, it wasn't a joke, or you're trolling...

Well, in either case, it's 4 cents. Go rob a take-a-penny, leave-a-penny tray at your nearest gas station/convenience store and all will be well in the universe.

In all seriousness, I'm sure the minute details of the prices were set by pricing trends and commonly used marketing studies concerning how many more people are willing to spend $4.99 on something than $5.00, etc.
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    jaysl659 said:

PinkRose said:

In other words, it wasn't a joke, or you're trolling...

@jaysl659 - Surely you meant to say "it wasn't a joke and you're trolling...", or did you miss the point? You either found it funny, or you didn't, but generally, the lack of emoticons doesn't signify trolling.

Oh yeah . . . :)
    PinkRoseelminster
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Another quick question? Will there be any Katanas (basic and/or magical) available in the game?
    Oxford_GuySophia
  • gwarlekgwarlek Member Posts: 3
    Does game runs on 2560x1440 resolution?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Another quick question? Will there be any Katanas (basic and/or magical) available in the game?

Yes, I'd like to know this, I don't want to know details, just whether you can get any non-magical ones near the start and whether there are *any* magical ones in the game. For new players, in particular, this is essential, otherwise they may put proficiency points into a weapon that is not available! Would also be useful to know if there are any magic clubs in the game, e.g. the restored Root of the Problem, perhaps?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yes, katanas, ninjato and wakizashis (magical or otherwise) have been added to the game.
    Oxford_Guy
    Tanthalas said:

Yes, katanas, ninjato and wakizashis (magical or otherwise) have been added to the game.

That's great news!
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273

Tanthalas said:

That's great news!
    Indeed! Now i can finally legally powergame a kensai/mage all through the trilogy (gonna have to wait another year for it to happen though).
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012
    What is the difrence between beamdong client a BGEE instaler?, i see bginstaler add exe and windows registry enteries but beamdog client downloaded only data files and some folders ?
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Can I download it and install in my other computer that don't have internet connection? Some kind of full installer maybe... help!
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    #beto you can copy to other computer and you need one time internet conection to verify autentication of your game :)
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    M6k3 said:

#beto you can copy to other computer and you need one time internet conection to verify autentication of your game :)

Ok, thanks dude!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Tanthalas said:

Hurrah! I might have to rethink the proficiencies for my planned fighter/mage build for BGEE...
  • ZamoyskiZamoyski Member Posts: 5
    Hello there, fellow BG:EE fans!

I have quick and simple question: I bought the game, now of course i am waiting for unlock to finally play it. Can i lend account to friend for him to check it out, or is this disallowed?

He just want to check this out before buying (without pirating it), and i am willing to give him this opporunity. Additional question - if this is possible, can i play on this account at the same time?

if this question is dumb then sorry, i am not familiar with bg:ee drm mechanics :)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Zamoyski

Yes, the DRM is light enough to allow you to do that, but it would be nice if your friend then bought the game.
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2012
    redacted
  • ZamoyskiZamoyski Member Posts: 5
    @Tanthalas
    Thank you, i will force him to buy it no matter what :>
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Tanthalas said:

@Zamoyski

Yes, the DRM is light enough to allow you to do that, but it would be nice if your friend then bought the game.

Pirates will pirate anything, especially if they aren't allowed to.

I just love this laid back attitude to the DRM that can only encourage a happier client base to actually buy more copies. You know, "it would be nice" rather than "YOU MUST NOT PIRATE - BUY MANY COPIES OR ELSE - then we'll screw you with the drm. . . shhh!".

A cracking attitude ( no pun intended! ). I tip my hat to you gents. :)
    swnmcmlxiForseSarthos
  • Brygard2012Brygard2012 Member Posts: 11
    I'm confuse about the release date.
    Its says it be release on Nov 30 but other site says on the 28th,so which is it?
    Also what time will I be able to play it?
    I'm trying to get my schedule in order.
    1pm MDT 28th November.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    1pm MDT? Isn't daylight time over for this year? (assuming that means Mountain daylight time)
  • DivineBloodDivineBlood Member Posts: 32
    Sooo how many hours untill the release? Im not sure what MDT means. In Australia its 11.45pm. Does it realease in 15 mins for me? or am i several hours off?
  • Brygard2012Brygard2012 Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2012
    So that's 2 pm for me in central time for Nov 28.
    Here a link for time conversion:
    http://www.whattimeisit.com/cgitime.exe?Mode=FullList
    That's 30 hours to go from this post time,which currently is 7am central time for me Nov 27 2012.

I just realize why the faq says the 30th,people from Australia will get it by then.

So DivineBlood you will get it on midnight on Nov 29 just right after the 30th.
  • PompoPompo Member Posts: 1
    I just want to ask if a steam version of the game comes out later on and I have purchased a copy on beamdog will i be able to activate it on steam? I know many of you think it's a stupid question, but I just like having most of my games there. :)
  • DivineBloodDivineBlood Member Posts: 32
    *facepalm* i was amped a s fuck for it nowwww hahahaha. Ty for the Clarity bro
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Pompo said:

I just want to ask if a steam version of the game comes out later on and I have purchased a copy on beamdog will i be able to activate it on steam? I know many of you think it's a stupid question, but I just like having most of my games there. :)

It's possible, but I'd venture to say unlikely. It's sticky territory when you're looking at different distributions. You can add BG:EE to your Steam directory if you'd like to access it there.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I fixed the release date thing. I wasn't in town and it probably got overlooked, sorry about that. You can usually assume that the stuff Trent says on twitter is correct.
    Cuv
  • ZogrodZogrod Member Posts: 1
    Can I buy one copy of the game and install it on multiple (PC-)devices? I want to buy the game and play it on my PC as well as my laptop ...
This discussion has been closed.