Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @trinit

Some of them are at least. I have no idea if all of them are being used.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Thantalas then that is somewhat excellent. ;) i think 2 effects were a tad overreacted, but mostly they are improvement, especially cloud and fire effects.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @trinit Yeah, the improved spell effects, flaming sword and paperdolls are all in.
    Oxford_Guy
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Coriander

yay! thank you for the answer!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Coriander said:

@trinit Yeah, the improved spell effects, flaming sword and paperdolls are all in.

Great, because the standard BG2 paperdolls and avatars suck, especially the gnome paper doll which, looks like a fat child...
    Mortianna
  • RhondalgunRhondalgun Member Posts: 7
    What games will be included? BG 1 and Sword Coast Expansion + BG 2 and Expansion?
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2012
    @Rhondalgun
    BG2 + ToB will be a second release a year or so from now
    only BG1 & ToSC expansion...+ added goodies!!
  • RhondalgunRhondalgun Member Posts: 7
    OK. Just to confirm.
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    Anyone know if there are new portrait resolutions, and if so, did anyone catch the new resolutions? Tired of cool pics being muddled and untellable.
    Sophia
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    Zhank you, Coriander-san! Kame, hame HIGH FIVE.
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    Who is heroicspur and should we listen to hir? Zie claimed the following:

Will mods still be compatible with BG:EE?
    -For the most part, yes.

So now a world of possibilities opens up. Will different mods be tested so that I as a player upon starting out BG:EE don't get a superbuggy experience, or is it more in the vein of "eh, should probably work, but no guarantee"?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Zinodin said:

Zhank you, Coriander-san! Kame, hame HIGH FIVE.

+1 I'll start preparing mine, though I might take one of the new portraits, if they're good
    Sophia
  • sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    Will it be possible to import BG and BG2 characters into BG:EE? (not including items or experience, obviously)

Thanks!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @sebas

I think some of us have tried that but it doesn't work well I think. Better to start up new characters.
  • sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    Cheers!

Was just trying to see if I get a headstart on rolling. :)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Coriander
    Coriander said:

@Zinodin
    L 210x330
    M 169x266
    S 54x84

Thank you! Finally some solid information I've been craving! XD
    Sophia
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    AADA7A said:

Who is heroicspur and should we listen to hir? Zie claimed the following:

Will mods still be compatible with BG:EE?
    -For the most part, yes.

So now a world of possibilities opens up. Will different mods be tested so that I as a player upon starting out BG:EE don't get a superbuggy experience, or is it more in the vein of "eh, should probably work, but no guarantee"?

HeroicSpur is one of our beta testers. Some of the beta testers have been tried out mods but we haven't been officially testing them. I know that some mods will break, but the problems should be small and easy to fix. I can't really make a solid promise because we don't know what all the mods do.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2012
    Coriander said:

@Zinodin
    L 210x330
    M 169x266
    S 54x84

are the color depth requirements the same? Still using .bmp right? This is what Im designing for till i hear otherwise. hopefully dont have to re-adjust them AGAIN when release comes.

XXXXXXXL.bmp 210x330 - 24bit
    XXXXXXXM.bmp 169x266 - 24bit.bmp
    XXXXXXXS.bmp 54x84 - 8 bit.bmp
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    I'm not sure i realy get it, is the release date the 30 or the 28, the forum isn't quite clear about that and it says the 30 on beamdog, when is it realy getting relesed?
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Wolk said:

I'm not sure i realy get it, is the release date the 30 or the 28, the forum isn't quite clear about that and it says the 30 on beamdog, when is it realy getting relesed?

As I understand it, the game is officially released on the 30th but if you preorder you will be able to download it early on the 28th.

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    In the difficulty settings, will we have the option to choose the Tactics or SCS mods? Or will we have to install the components separately like in the original game?
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215

In the difficulty settings, will we have the option to choose the Tactics or SCS mods? Or will we have to install the components separately like in the original game?

That depends that the Beamdog Team has decided to "include" it the mod in the original game.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    If I have understood correctly, Erephine's 1PP mod (http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/1pp) is the only mod included in BGEE. Thus, other mods will have to be installed separately. If you search the forum for "1PP" I am sure more accurate and useful information will turn up.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Zinotin, @TiaxRulesAll, @Syntia13 and @et al
    More info for you as this has been posted.

L 210x330 24bit bmp, 200 p/i
    M 169x266 24bit bmp, 200 p/i
    S 54x84 24bit bmp, 200 p/i

Syntia13TiaxRulesAllZinodin
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    HEY! I just realized if I was able to buy the DLCs on the PC like the iPad can, I would save $.04.
    Why is Overhaul ripping us off?
    allhailsteve
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited November 2012
    PinkRose said:

HEY! I just realized if I was able to buy the DLCs on the PC like the iPad can, I would save $.04.
    Why is Overhaul ripping us off?

I really, really hope you're joking...
    If not, this may be the most ridiculous post I've seen on this board. And there have been quite a few...
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Of course it was a joke!
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    edited November 2012

Of course it was a joke!

Well, without a smiley or some other indication of humor, it's impossible to know, isn't it?
    Especially in light of the amount of posts on these boards of trolls complaining about the pricing/pre-ordering/not-enough-improvement-on-game/I-want-game-on-Steam/etc. etc.
This discussion has been closed.