Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Artur said:

I've got a simple question:
    I'm thinking of buying BG:EE yet I wonder whether or not, in case the game eventually gets a steam release, I will be able to activate it through this platform, since I don't intend to buy it twice.

As for now, Beamdog have no intention of releasing the game on Steam.

As for the activation, you only need to do it ONCE per computer it's installed on.
    First time you play, it checks your account, confirms your the rightful owner, and that's it, you can play as much as you like, even without Internet connection if you should be so inclined.

And if you wanted, you could even put a shortcut to the game in Steam and run it from there....
    Artur
  • ArturArtur Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    Well, it was more of a hypothetical question.
    I was asking if people who initially bought the game from the Beamdog page would be able to redeem the game on steam as well, but I guess that's not a question anyone can answer as of now.
    Thanks anyway, I'll make sure to grab a copy after getting some sleep.
  • NatoTrollNatoTroll Member Posts: 3
    Testing.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    How could i quickly find all of announcement atricles ? Can anyone teach me, Tks!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited December 2012
    darrenkuo said:

How could i quickly find all of announcement atricles ? Can anyone teach me, Tks!

I guess here would be a good start:
    http://www.baldursgate.com/
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @darrenkuo There's also the News category under Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    I have a question or two.

The stand alone launcher was available on the forum to download. I can't find the link anymore. Is that link still being made public for new purchases or was it only for pre-order folks? If not, could you post the link to the launcher in the forum?
    @bigdogchris If you have bought the game and are logged in you should get an install button on this page http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition or there is a link in the receipt email. If you're logged in and have bought the game and there isn't a button, you'll need to contact support.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I see it, thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Bhaaldog said:

Coriander said:

Will there be a Baldur's Gate 3?
    We are pursuing the idea.

Please stick too D&D 2nd edition rules if this ever does materialise!
    WotC will likely have more control over this than Overhaul will.
    atcDave
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Oh, gosh, it would be particularly nightmarish if they went to 4E. :X
    atcDave
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
    No reason why they would since the making of DD:Next is already in progress.
    There aren't any solid plans yet for a BG3. We're all focused on BG2 right now. WotC's been pretty great to work with though.
  • anonymonyanonymony Member Posts: 6
    I did a search. Found nothing.

I am just about done with BG: EE. Is BG2 available? If so, how do I get it?

Thanks!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @anonymony BG2EE should be available by the end of the year, I think. There's no release date for it yet.
    @anonymony BG2EE is being worked on. No release date has been announced.
  • bntsheridanbntsheridan Member Posts: 6
    With this version, did the Bag of Holding go away? Or is it part of a quest I havent found yet?
    edited March 2013
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    There are no Bags of Holding in BGEE :)
    [Deleted User]
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

There are no Bags of Holding in BGEE :)

Unless you feel like cheating.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BAG31",1)

gives you a bag of holding. It is missing a string in the container interface, but apart from that AFAIK is fully functional and it has a storage capacity of 2000 items.
    @bntsheridan There aren't any Bags of Holding available ingame but you can still create one. You can get a Gem Bag, Scroll Case, and Potion Case.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Im having a fun time with Bg EE. I know its already been said, but I hope that you guys more than make what you should for this purchase. I really do as Im hoping that you as a team remake some of my other games like Icewind dale 1 and 2 and Planescape Torment.

So far Ive been reading the reviews of this game and mostly everyone is very positive about it, which is good. If anyone can save my doubts, I'd like to know that they are doing well with this release. I shouldn't pry but I am only asking as I want to see you succeed. Thank you. Back to game ;)
    1.png 1.4M
    @Bhaaldog I just said "available" unless you've managed to find Tranzig's secret Bag of Holding stash?
    [Deleted User]
    Eudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    He ate them. You can either gut him or wait for nature to run it's course and then kill him later.

But then one got stuck and opened in his appendix. It wasn't pretty.
    [Deleted User]
    edited March 2013
    Eudaemonium
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84
    Is there any way people who preordered the game will get Steam keys for it? All my friends got it from Steam and I can't play with them because I preordered >.>
This discussion has been closed.