Skip to content

FAQ #1 [Archive]

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @true_shinken: Since Atari handles Steam distribution that requires Atari to give Steam keys to Beamdog (which they tried to get, I don;t know whether they ever succeeded), this is unlikely. This shouldn't stop you playing with them, however, since all the version work together as long as they are the same update (2014 at present). If I can have a Macbook, iPad and PC version all playing the same multiplayer, I don't really see how Steam would prevent this.
    TJ_Hooker[Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EudaemoniumBeetle
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Bhaaldog said:

ajwz said:

There is actually a bag of holding which the player can find in game.
    Unfortunately, it is hidden inside another bag of holding which the player can't find in game.

Clearly it will take a player as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University to find this bag...
    I have a cunning plan...

Eudaemonium[Deleted User]
    Does it involve carving your name onto that +2 Sling Bullet so you'll never get hit by it?
    [Deleted User]Aristillius
    Iecerint
    Well, you know they always say there's a +2 bullet with your name on it?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I always chuckled at the 3.5 level 2 spell foxes' cunning
  • true_shinkentrue_shinken Member Posts: 84

@true_shinken: Since Atari handles Steam distribution that requires Atari to give Steam keys to Beamdog (which they tried to get, I don;t know whether they ever succeeded), this is unlikely. This shouldn't stop you playing with them, however, since all the version work together as long as they are the same update (2014 at present). If I can have a Macbook, iPad and PC version all playing the same multiplayer, I don't really see how Steam would prevent this.

That's awesome news, thanks.
  • KalabacKalabac Member Posts: 12
    How can I use BG2 spells with it?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Kalabac Could you be little more specific? Are you asking how to get BG2 spells into BGEE?
    I guess remove the XP cap and make sure the spells are there? It's probably a question for the Modding section.
    [Deleted User]
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Coriander
    Any news about the italian translation release? It was scheduled for today, but it is almost midnight in Italy and nothing has been released yet.
    An answer would be very nice. Thanks for the attention.
    selven
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Has Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition access to a BG Config like his old verions? I'm dealing with a present bug atm after install some mods, and my keyboard doesn't select my NPCs anyore (1 to 0). If i try to CLUAConsole something i still can use the numbers (so the game recognize the numbers on the keyboard, but dusrupted their links to the selection of characters).
    @kamuizin There isn't a BG Config program but your setting are stored in baldur.ini and key assignment can be set in the game in Options->Gameplay->Assign Keys. If you prefer to edit baldur.ini, I'd recommend using any text editor other than Notepad to read it.

Looks for a line that says
    'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 1', '[#]',
    You can either remove the line, edit the [#], or remove delete the file and it'll be regenerated when you start the game.
    I don't have this string in my baldurs.ini @Coriander, what probally can be the whole reason of my current problem.

I have only the following keymap strings in baldurs.ini:

'Keymap Action',
    'Keymap Miscellaneous', 'Rest', '122'
    'Keymap Miscellaneous', 'Toggle AI', '97'
    );

This line, " 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 1', '[#]'," shoud be added under game options, i believe, correct? which values should i set on '[#]', and how much strings of keymap should be added to make the numbers 1 to 6 recognize at least the individual party members?

By the way, in the options -> Gameplay -> Assign Keys, there's no option to change the number keys that select characters.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited May 2013
    @kamuizin As i know, nobody have that line.

On the french keyboards, these shortcuts (1-6 + select all) have never worked and add that line changes nothing.
    kamuizin said:

Assign Keys, there's no option to change the number keys that select characters.

With BG2 these shortcuts cannot be modified (hard-coded).
    They're not in the Quick Slots category? You may need to wait for the next patch then :(
    The numbers are SDL Keycodes. If there's no option for them in the Assign Keys menu, adding a line won't do anything.
    kamuizin[Deleted User]Eudaemonium
    ok... :(! gonna finish this run the way i can, is just a bit furstrating to move items between inventories without being able to change characters by numbers.
    By plataform you meant Windows, Mac, Linux...? If is that, i'm using windows 7.

But this bug isn't introduced by normal content just to state, cos it only appeared after i install some mods.
    [Deleted User]
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Hi,
    I just want to ask why the infamous announcement and advertisement got back to the Main Page?
    It was removed once after our complaints.

"New Cinematics
    All of the Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones"

This is definitely not true.
    There are still many missing movies, for example the movies for sunrise and sunset. This is causing freeze in Multiplayer games, or causing an unending loop of text saying "game paused, movie loading" at the screen.

The already available movies are too cold, too short, without the fun and horror of the originals. There were even Polls here and you could see it for yourself that the originals got more vote, and for a reason. Some time ago even some devs agreed with us, and leaked out: this change occurred only because the original movies were too big for non-PC releases they wanted something smaller. Is it true?

You removed this announcement and advertisement once. It is childish and non-customer-friendly to place it again on your Main Page, and is a lie (for now).

Or can we expect that there are new movies coming? Or can we hope that the old ones will come back? Or perhaps can we hope that we could choose at the beginning which ones we would like to watch in-game?

Thanks for reading and sorry if my English was bad, it's only my third language.
  • bntsheridanbntsheridan Member Posts: 6
    Question about final save games.....I was playing multiple characters getting myself set up for the BG2 import. Then I realized that only your last finished character is active in the Final Save game slot. Is this by design, why wouldn't all of your characters save a final save...so you can pick and choose which to import?
    Fina92
    @Sese79 The movies weren't replaced to make them smaller, they are in webm to make them smaller. It is unlikely that more will be made.

@bntsheridan I'm not sure I completely understand. Were you playing multiple characters in multiplayer? If you import from a saved game you can pick which character to import. Or were you playing single player and the final save overwrote a previous one?
    In that case please remove the advertisement from the Main Page because it is very misleading and it's not true.

The missing sunrise and sunset movies are causing game freeze in multiplayer game, or are causing a long loop of text appearing on your screen. I don't think this is acceptable for an "Enhanced" version. Everybody who plays with this game can clearly see that something is wrong here, a movies is missing. Please check my screenshots:
    Adul
  • bntsheridanbntsheridan Member Posts: 6
    No, not playing multi character...I played the game multiple times with different single characters thinking all of them would have their own individual final save game for a BG2 Import later.....but that is not the case, it only keeps your last finished character...which in my opinion is an annoyance. Was just curious if this was consistent with the original version or if this is something enhanced
    @sese79 What version of the game are you playing?

@bntsheridan The final save is much like the Quick and Auto saves. It would be a good idea to name them differently.
    2014 extra (or 2014 and a half with the hot fix)
    Screenshots are from a multiplayer game played on 09.05.2013 at 16:00 CET.
This discussion has been closed.