Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    COrmith said:

Are you old enough to remeber when Game companies opted for the smaller cases(DVD style game cases) and stated the reason (one of them) for using them was to bring costs down...Games still sit at 49.99 or higher on the shelf...just like they used too. Sad memory.

I remember a time when they had big-as-hell boxes just for fun with standard CD cases within (doesn't that picture stir your heart, @TrentOster? :) ). And a time when boxes weren't quite so large, but when HDDs were equally larger than the average box.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    They should do as Blizzard. It's done when it's done. And that is rather later than sooner.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    They could also take the Arenanet route and release a closed beta for people who pre purchase the game. I surely wouldn't mind being able to play it while its still buggy. Sure I could just play the original with tutu mod, but I've already played it enough times and am waiting for this one now.
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    soon lads, soon.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Soon? Did someone say SOON?
  • rshall89rshall89 Member Posts: 3
    SOON!!!
    Nov 1 right?
    ....right??
    RIGHT!?!
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    November 28. :(
  • drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    ekster said:

November 28. :(

Don't be sad.. its better to wait abit more than be disappointed and than afterwards regret they didnt spend more time on it :D
  • Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
    November 28th? I thought it was the 20th! Dang it! I mean... *Sighs* Great. So much for having something to play during my Thanksgiving break. What do I get instead? Freaking college work... When am I supposed to find time to play BGEE now?
    Duh, I should drop out of college! Yeah...
    (Sorry for my sarcasm and whatnot. I'm not THAT upset, but it's REALLY annoying to find out that when you THOUGHT the new release date was over a week off. ~_~ )
  • EndlesswaveEndlesswave Member Posts: 28
    People people. It's coming. Relax. Take a deep breath and think of all the madness and such that will ensue when you ARE playing it. I think my tablet's going to be getting a full on workout w use when this baby comes out. I cannot wait ! Alas I am forced to but no biggie. *sending tons of patience to all of you*. ;)
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    Give us something! Give us something! News! Any! Give us something!
    I say give rangers a pony companion and all will be forgiven.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Gotta remember blizzard are so rich they dont need a publisher.. Hence no contractual deadlines
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Noober says; Is it nov 28th yet? How about now? is it the 28th?.....how about now? Still not the 28th? how about now?
  • ArveragusArveragus Member Posts: 62
    @ThimGrim
    TrentOster
    October 24
    "Targeting was used as we cannot control the Apple approval process and as such we might get moved around a bit as a result. On the PC we control the platform, so we'll go on the 28th, come hell or high water."
    That is a sufficient amount of happy news for me. Or putting it another way it is less than one month to go :)
  • PsychoblondePsychoblonde Member Posts: 14
    Well, it's November! I want my game plzthx. If it's getting released this month you should have a date. If not, that's okay, but let us know.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Blizzard are so rich they don't even need to release decent games anymore, eg Diablo 3.

I would gladly take BGEE now in whatever condition its in, and have it patched later, I don't care as long as it works.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Don't be ridiculous people! It's not getting delayed again!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

Well, it's November! I want my game plzthx. If it's getting released this month you should have a date. If not, that's okay, but let us know.

From twitter:
    Trent Oster
    We are targeting November 28 for all platforms. Since we have approvals, etc, we can't 100% control the date on iOS, Mac and Android
  • halwithhalwith Member Posts: 2
    One time i new this crackhead, he dropped a piece of rock on the sidewalk. he knelt there picking up everything that could be a piece of crack rock and tried smoking it. After awhile he gave up and ran out in the street and got hit by a car. moral of the story, stop being crackheads.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Since you have failed to achieve, even in the modest task that was your charge; since you have stolen my money, and since you have unrepentantly betrayed my trust...
    I have no choice but to tell these bums to do whatever is necessary to recover their money from YOU, Jeffrey Lebowski.

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    So many overreactions and whining in this topic... If a delay of a game ruffles your feathers THAT much, demand your money back and shut up already. *sigh*
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    AlexM said:

ThimGrim said:

Give us something! Give us something! News! Any! Give us something!

I can confirm that the game will feature mouse and keyboard support.
    Finally some fresh news! Thank you.
    It will also have full support of a hard drive, a monitor and speakers AND headphones!
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    Maybe they are going to use the extra time to hire a decent 3D artist to make new environments that don't look like they were rendered in a c. 2000 3D RTS game, and don't have obvious UV errors, lack of texture filtering, etc.? No?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It isn't going to be re-rendered to that degree. They're doing a lot of work on the art, however. I'm pretty confident we'll (well, they'll) make the late November date. If not, it'll come when it's done. I'll just occupy my attentions with other stuff in the interim.
  • SwashbucklerSwashbuckler Member Posts: 15
    I'll be happy with it *whenever* it ships. Until then, I still have NWN to keep me happy. :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950

Noober says; Is it nov 28th yet? How about now? is it the 28th?.....how about now? Still not the 28th? how about now?

Casts: Petrification.

Anyone in the party have a hammer? .... ;)
    Maybe if we all Noober them, we'd get faster results? :D

Is it out now?

Do you devs like to go lan-partying and slaying monsters in BG:EE while we wait?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?

I wish I could slay some monsters in BG:EE.

Will you ban me if I keep asking if it's out now?

I knew some devs who banned me.

Will you ban me too?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?

Is it out now?
This discussion has been closed.