Skip to content

Ship Date Delay

Comments

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Seeing some of the replies in this topic, I wish MY biggest worry was the release date of a game. *rolls eyes*
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    Redcloak said:

via Twitter 12 minutes ago:

Anybody catch that? Key word "targeting"? So it might not be November 28th now?

Well... presumably the game isn't finished yet. If it was, they would release it. So you say 'targetting' because that's the date you hope the project is completed. Until it is ready to "ship", you're always guessing a bit.
    True. I'm not sure they would release it early though. I presume that a game developer should have a good idea of when his game is going to finished, and given the initial delay, I am not so confident about the new release date. Especially with the noncommittal term "targeting."
    mlnevese said:

And targetting may both mean before or after, so we know nothing we didn't know before :)

Again, I seriously doubt they would release it early. Still, you're right about us not knowing anything knew. It's just speculation on my part.

• Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    edited October 2012
    Trent, how goes the process? The recrafting of a gem still outweigh the corporate hoop jumping? I hope the team's enthusiasm rises phoenix like after each project completion. Thanks for all the hard work! And thanks for the communication!
  • Wikkid_SuhnWikkid_Suhn Member Posts: 136
    Sweet. "Hell or high water" is more along the lines I was looking for!
    @MikeMasters: You, sir, deserve my respect. Well said!
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207

Targeting was used as we cannot control the Apple approval process and as such we might get moved around a bit as a result. On the PC we control the platform, so we'll go on the 28th, come hell or high water.

-Trent

Aww s***, that's exactly the response I hoped for!
  • ammmacammmac Member Posts: 5
    Atari wanted to open the date up in the press to cover the potential for us shipping . We're targeting the 28th of November as our date. We will not extend the date again. early

-Trent

• triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207

Unbelievable that this thread has reached 33 pages and people are STILL whining and trolling about the release dates. Maybe if people stopped complaining and making trent and the other folks have to waste their time posting here all the time they might just get it done. So growleth the grumpy bear.

I should know better than to post before i've had my 1st cup-o-coffee.....i'm downright cranky.

I haven't seen much whining or trolling in this thread for a long time, so "chillax" and have that coffee.
    @triclops41: page 32, fifth post.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228

Unbelievable that this thread has reached 33 pages and people are STILL whining and trolling about the release dates. Maybe if people stopped complaining and making trent and the other folks have to waste their time posting here all the time they might just get it done. So growleth the grumpy bear.

I should know better than to post before i've had my 1st cup-o-coffee.....i'm downright cranky.

I haven't seen much whining or trolling in this thread for a long time, so "chillax" and have that coffee.
    And I haven't seen that many dev posts either.

But hey, who cares about release dates. At least we got a good explanation on why the delay happened and also quite a bit of info on this new stuff they're working on, right?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Jean_Luc said:

But hey, who cares about release dates. At least we got a good explanation on why the delay happened and also quite a bit of info on this new stuff they're working on, right?

I agree with this, captain.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    Keep calm and carry on, only 33 days to go :)
  • PainbringerPainbringer Member Posts: 17
    This lasts forever! I cannot wait any longer!
  • JensenJensen Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to pipe in and say and a long-time fan of BG and especially BG2 on my Mac years ago, I absolutely cannot wait to play again on my iPad and/or Mac! However long it takes, as long as it's a quality port, I am willing to wait and will buy day 1!
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    Someone should also add a similar timer to the front page.
  • flame867flame867 Member Posts: 32
    Oh my, I know I'm late, but I would love to help out however I can. I have loved this series since I was a child and it's been the game that brought me into this great world of games.
    Let me know how I can help people, I'm incredibly eager to help however I can for this amazing game.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Do get it right if I understand Trent as that we do not know when BG:EE will come out on Mac at all?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @SamuelVarg, the main site says November. I am assuming that will probably be November 30th, which was the release date for PC before @TrentOster came on and said they were aiming for the 28th - but that is only a guess.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    On the Mac and IPad it depends on Apple's approval proccess. It usually takes from 15 to 30 days from the date of submission.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I only heard about BG:EE the other day! On the plus side I don't have that long to suffer waiting for it to be released!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It took longer than I thought for someone to make a final countdown joke :)
  • TroikaTroika Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2012
    I don't mind the wait if the wait is worth it. I would gladly wait for another 6 months if that was what it would take. Just don't release a half-baked remake.
  • COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15

iankirts said:

What about putting the game in stores to buy?

Are you being serious? Retail space COSTS a lot of money, if they were going to do that they would definitely have to jack up the price..not to mention all the kick backs and palm greasing that needs to be done to secure retail space to start with.

Are you old enough to remeber when Game companies opted for the smaller cases(DVD style game cases) and stated the reason (one of them) for using them was to bring costs down...Games still sit at 49.99 or higher on the shelf...just like they used too. Sad memory.
  • COrmithCOrmith Member Posts: 15

How about releasing a character generator in the near future? Then I can spend the next 2 months rolling to get my desired 93 cumulative stat points to distribute to my character.

I would love a generator, but if you really want one now... try this link

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/characterbuilder
    Or the one that used to exist from PlanetBaldursgate....

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/characters/program/CharacterErr.asp?ErrorString=Operation is not allowed when the object is closed
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I would actually prefer they took the blizzard route with this one.

No release dates beforehand.

It will be done when it is finished.

Personally i want to play it, but i probably won't play it at start anyway until some things are implemented in it(if they are not at launch, for example bg1 animations), so "stalls" is something i will cope with, as release date doesn't mean i'll necessarily play it that day.

It is kinda frustrating to not being able to play something you want to and wait for, but it's better they take as much time as needed to create a polished product that will be remembered or even made a standard of what the original BG should have been.

We actually want BG:EE to be the BG people remember from now on, not to be something that make us nostalgic of the old game, on many aspects. Rushing the product will make them lose more customers than stalling it until it's ready.
This discussion has been closed.