Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Stuff I think is cool that you probably didn't notice" Thread

2

Comments

  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,307
    edited March 2016
    it's a process that had started a long time ago, so people had enough time to complain i guess. it was a bug because of item descriptions (absurdly irrelevant for us veterans but equally important as actual functionality for new players)
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/464220/#Comment_464220

    edit: but i honestly think that a few of the ioun stones, or maybe just one ioun stone, or maybe some other item should offer crit protection as a special, unique magical feature so that relevant classes could have it like they used to. a magical monk-only headband that crit-protects for example

    justfeelinathomeGrammarsaladlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,824
    edited March 2016
    -What?
    -Nothing to hear here!

  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited March 2016
    Ran the list side by side with 1.3 BG2: EE versions list and I'm sorry to say they are identical, @bengoshi. What im interested in is actually the list you get in BG: EE, as it was largely different and omitted many of these choices, while offering some insignificant ones that are absent here... Is it changed?

    BG: EE offers me: Carrion Crawler, Ethercap, Ghoul, Gibbering, Gnoll, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Ogre, Skeleton and Giant Spider.

    JuliusBorisov
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    The matter was solved already, sorry to disappoint you @Anduin :smile:

    AnduinJuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,182
    Druids in BG1:EE now actually use druid spells instead of priest spells!

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,824
    edited March 2016
    With the Health Bars, you can actually see how many life is left in creatures that are neutral (with blue circles), while before there was no such possibility (for example, when party members pre-beta attacked those with a blue circle, using Tab only showed their name, not "Injured", "Near Dead" etc).

    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    bob_vengmlneveseGoturallolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,824
    The Baeloth's ring has a new sexy icon and a cool description, mentioning THAC0/damage differencies against genies:

    image

    image

    image

    GrammarsaladTressetlolien
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Shiny! I like the pretty new icon, but will miss the old overpowered spell-capacity. It was broken in a fun way, even if this version makes more sense for the game he is playable in, and yes, is distinctly more flavorful.

    JuliusBorisov
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,577
    edited March 2016
    ...

    That is an interesting item! We need more cursed items like this

    Post edited by Grammarsalad on
    JuliusBorisov
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    You didn't need to quote the images, their already visible just a few posts above your post! You're just making people have to scroll more.

    DaevelonIchigoRXCSurvivorRodrian
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I completely agree that we need more cursed items where the bonuses and tradeoffs lend themselves to interesting choices.

    JuliusBorisovSurvivor
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 475
    bengoshi said:

    Thank you a lot for "Recruited BG:EE NPCs now appear with experience close to the player's total" and expecially for "Recruited BGII:EE NPCs now appear with experience close to the player's total" That is an excellent change in terms of how can I distribute develop NPCs I meet and distribute their proficiencies and abilities.

    My 8th level Avenger at the start of BG2EE met 7th level Minsc.

    image

    It makes the game more challenging, as it looks like it's harder now to get higher level versions of NPCs. Combined with possible additional XP from SoD, it should help us to develop NPCs as we exactly want them. It would help greatly with BG2 Mazzy, for example!

    Oooh, does this mean that Spellhold Imoen might reflect the party level better? I wonder....

    mlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,171
    I hope so. One of the reasons I rarely add Imoen back to my party is that by the time I get to her, my party wizard is at a much higher level and knows many useful spells Imoen doesn't just because he/she was with the party when I found or otherwise had access to those spells.

    JuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,182
    I don't know how I missed it for so long, but I just noticed that the XP value of all greater basilisks is now set to 7000. All of them! 7k! Now if only they could still attack...

    KilivitzJuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,824
    Dharius said:

    bengoshi said:

    Thank you a lot for "Recruited BG:EE NPCs now appear with experience close to the player's total" and expecially for "Recruited BGII:EE NPCs now appear with experience close to the player's total" That is an excellent change in terms of how can I distribute develop NPCs I meet and distribute their proficiencies and abilities.

    My 8th level Avenger at the start of BG2EE met 7th level Minsc.

    image

    It makes the game more challenging, as it looks like it's harder now to get higher level versions of NPCs. Combined with possible additional XP from SoD, it should help us to develop NPCs as we exactly want them. It would help greatly with BG2 Mazzy, for example!

    Oooh, does this mean that Spellhold Imoen might reflect the party level better? I wonder....
    Yes, it works towards Imoen in the Spellhold.

    I wanted to ask if I understand correctly that the new "player's total" is an average XP of all party members, not only of the main character?

    O_Bruce
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    bengoshi said:

    Dharius said:

    bengoshi said:

    Thank you a lot for "Recruited BG:EE NPCs now appear with experience close to the player's total" and expecially for "Recruited BGII:EE NPCs now appear with experience close to the player's total" That is an excellent change in terms of how can I distribute develop NPCs I meet and distribute their proficiencies and abilities.

    My 8th level Avenger at the start of BG2EE met 7th level Minsc.

    image

    It makes the game more challenging, as it looks like it's harder now to get higher level versions of NPCs. Combined with possible additional XP from SoD, it should help us to develop NPCs as we exactly want them. It would help greatly with BG2 Mazzy, for example!

    Oooh, does this mean that Spellhold Imoen might reflect the party level better? I wonder....
    Yes, it works towards Imoen in the Spellhold.

    I wanted to ask if I understand correctly that the new "player's total" is an average XP of all party members, not only of the main character?
    It's based on the main character's XP total.

    luskanJuliusBorisovArdulcmk24
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,824
    Only a protagonist now can cast Find Familiar in the MP now. I think it's a good behavior.

    image

    justfeelinathomelolien
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I think, from the story perspective, the issue is that Iron Throne ran the Cloakwood mine and were hoarding the good iron, they want bad iron coming out of the Nashkel mine that they do not control. Fixing Nashkel will have a slow effect, as it takes a while for the non-tainted iron to get into circulation. Releasing the hoarded iron from Cloakwood fills the market with good iron again, with a large, available supply.

    We simply assume that any weapons the PCs had at this point were luckily not of a tainted Nashkel source, as there is no way to be sure of the origin of any given weapon.

    mashedtaters
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,171
    I just always assumed that the taint was a curse and that when you kill the mage in the mines the curse is broken.

  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 860
    edited March 2016
    -false alarm-

    Post edited by SirBatince on
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited March 2016
    Dee said:

    My cool thing:

    When you resolve the iron crisis (after you flood the Cloakwood Mine), all your metal non-magical weapons will no longer break at random. No more iron plague means no more brittle metal.

    But... surely you still have to replace your pre-existing weapons with newly spawned non-magical weapons? It doesn't make sense for the change to be retroactive! you could introduce "High Quality" versions of the items (IWD) after resolving the crisis with the same stats, except that they won't break!

    Edit: I agree that by Chapter 4~ most players will have a lot of magical weapons to choose from and also agree that regular weapons should still break for several chapters after Nashkel Mines (Perhaps stop them breaing when starting SoD?)

    Post edited by Franpa on
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 860
    edited March 2016
    true 18 STR shows 18/0 for me. Is it a bug?

    Admitedly I use EEkeeper to get rid of exceptional STR from my fighters, but the /0 still never showed up before.

  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2016
    I don't think the weapon change is necessary, both because everyone is using magical stuff by then, and because it would logically take some time for new weapons to be forged with non-crap ore.

    By the same token though... the fact that any non-magical metal weapons can break before chapter 4 makes little sense either as many of those weapons were presumably forged before the iron crisis... so I guess it's a little nonsensical either way.

  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    XKal said:

    I don't think the weapon change is necessary, both because everyone is using magical stuff by then, and because it would logically take some time for new weapons to be forged with non-crap ore.

    By the same token though... the fact that any non-magical metal weapons can break before chapter 4 makes little sense either as many of those weapons were presumably forged before the iron crisis... so I guess it's a little nonsensical either way.

    It's a banana! The problem curves both ways...

    XKal
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 475
    I know this argument is a bit curvy, but of course some weapons have to break in BG by necessity - otherwise there'd be no need to stop the Iron Throne at all.

    I have a headache.

    Ithual
Sign In or Register to comment.