Skip to content

Lord-slayers' Shrine (Dark Souls 3)

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I wonder if anyone would be interested in a Nintendo Switch thread.....there is enough news on a weekly basis to make it interesting, but I don't know how much saturation the console has among forum users.....
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited January 2018
    Worth giving it a try.

Being adjacent to a switch owner, I'd be interested.
    Ooh, Dark Souls Remastered gets HDR too?
    50% loyalty discount for owners of Prepare to Die edition on Steam:

It costs $40 for everyone else.

50% loyalty discount for owners of Prepare to Die edition on Steam:

It costs $40 for everyone else.

Reasonable. They did the same thing with Scholar come to think of it.
    I look forward to the enhancements that may come from using the Dark Souls III/Bloodborne engine.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455

I look forward to the enhancements that may come from using the Dark Souls III/Bloodborne engine.

I'm already itching to invade the shite out of this game.

I had an idea. Since the game will support up to 4 player Teams like DS3 would you be interested in BG themed cosplay playthrough or something like That?
    That sounds like fun.
    I'm surprised at how few Dark Souls youtubers have covered the remaster.

I'm surprised at how few Dark Souls youtubers have covered the remaster.

Considering they've had nothing to cover, it is pretty strange. Then again, the Souls Youtube community is focused on two things: Lore and speed/challenge runs. I suppose the remaster doesn't really factor in much.
    Fair point.
    This has to be a rough stretch for Vaati. He makes a (pretty lucrative) living doing lore videos about From Software games. For the last few months, he hasn't had anything to go on but that trailer for "Shadows Die Twice". Remastering and fleshing out his original Prepare to Cry videos is about the best (and only thing) he can do right now.
    Yeah, I mean the Dark Souls games are pretty well played out, lore-wise. It's going to be a dry spell until Shadows Die Twice comes out.
    edited January 2018
    I saw this as well. It makes no difference to me either way, since I waste so much money on games. Again, I don't care about anything other than the frame-rate. If I buy any of these versions and still see frame drops in Blighttown, New Londo Ruins, or while fighting Sif, then I'll be pretty pissed. And they also need to do something about the crystals during the Seethe fight. And the fire effects of the gargoyles and dragon. The Switch version of Skyrim manages to hold steady at 30 fps even while standing in dragon breath, so I see no reason other companies can't code these games in a similar manner.
    So as it turns out I have a spare SOTFS key.

So as it turns out I have a spare SOTFS key.

I don't need it, and from what I can tell only 3 of us ever use this thread lol.....
    I know, I didn't think anyone here would need it. :)
    I don't actually own a SotFS key o:)
    I gave it away already, sorry. :(
    Haha well no reason to be sorry!
    edited February 2018
    I got back into Bloodborne. Making progress now, which I had trouble with before.

My problem is that I draw on my Dark Souls reflexes a bit too much and:

* I play Dark Souls on PC with an Xbox controller. For example, I often hit the leftmost button when told to hit X, which has wasted more than a few items.
    * I need to remember I don't have a shield. Or poise. Fortunately, I seem to be able to dodge a heck of a lot more than I can in Dark Souls.
    * Setting up visceral attacks with the pistol is easy, but I need to remember to wait just a moment before following up with R1.
    edited February 2018

I got back into Bloodborne. Making progress now, which I had trouble with before.

My problem is that I draw on my Dark Souls reflexes a bit too much and:

* I play Dark Souls on PC with an Xbox controller. For example, I often hit the leftmost button when told to hit X, which has wasted more than a few items.
    * I need to remember I don't have a shield. Or poise. Fortunately, I seem to be able to dodge a heck of a lot more than I can in Dark Souls.
    * Setting up visceral attacks with the pistol is easy, but I need to remember to wait just a moment before following up with R1.

A couple of things:

#1- Dodging forward to the left will get you out of 75% of most situations, especially early bosses like the Cleric and Blood-Starved Beast

#2- The best enemies to practice parrying on are those ogres in Central Yharnam and the tall, white-faced guys with the walking staffs in the Cathedral Ward.

#3- Your starting weapon is fairly important, and the "easy-mode" would definitely be the axe right off the bat. If you two-hand power attack with that thing with some fire paper, certain bosses will melt.

#4- If you haven't found a new armor set yet, search very thoroughly through the sewers in Central Yharnam. It will increase your survival-rate immensely.
    Yeah, it was an ogre I was screwing up my viscerals on.

My starting weapon is a saw cleaver. I wanted the sword cane but I didn't actually like how it played.

I do know about the sewer armor. :) I just keep dying near that spot. :(

Yeah, it was an ogre I was screwing up my viscerals on.

My starting weapon is a saw cleaver. I wanted the sword cane but I didn't actually like how it played.

I do know about the sewer armor. :) I just keep dying near that spot. :(

The saw cleaver and anything with a serated blade does extra-damage to beasts.
    Yeah, I'd heard that, which is one reason I picked it. The other reason is I didn't want to focus on strength.
    Seriously, I had such a hard time with Bloodborne when I first tried it that it put me off for a few months. I never had this much trouble with any of the Dark Souls. Except maybe getting through crowded areas in Scholar of the First Sin.

Seriously, I had such a hard time with Bloodborne when I first tried it that it put me off for a few months. I never had this much trouble with any of the Dark Souls. Except maybe getting through crowded areas in Scholar of the First Sin.

I think Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are way harder than the earlier entries.
    I believe it, although I had an easier time with Dark Souls 3. Probably fewer big crowds.