Skip to content

[MOD] Eldritch Magic (BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE)

Comments

• MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    The readme kind of confuses me.

So the mod adds new Kits.
    Does it make changes on the existing classes/kits?
    The items and spells are completely new or they do changes on the existing items and spells?
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    @Mercilec If you elaborate on something specific that confused you, I can try to make the readme more clear.
    This mod is first and foremost a kit pack, so the kits it mentions are added by this mod. I try not to make any changes to original classes, but if there are any they should be made clear. For instance the first bladesinger I made for pre-2.0 games is a bard kit and has to change the base bard class to work, but the post-2.0 version changed this to no longer be the case.
    Many brand new custom items and spells are added as well, with very few to no changes to original items and spells. Small exceptions would be things like Ioun stones in the Congenio's Pebble Collection component. While it adds new items and spells to make that work, it also overwrites the original Ioun stones (just so they don't need to be identified multiple times). I'm working on phasing out things like this and replacing all "necessary" item/spell overwriting with more compatible patching, or better yet, no changes to the original at all.
    Other than the Ioun stones and a single outdated kit that changes the bard class, and has an updated version that doesn't, I don't think there are any changes to original classes/kits/items/spells.
    Mercilec
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    I guess the way the readme is set is kind of confusing or its me being tired cause i have been checking mods for hours now.

But well, your answer covered me. Thanks a lot!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    The Enchant Item special ability for the War Wizard says it is "Bridge" when I hover over it. I uninstalled and reinstalled to make this the last mod I installed and it still says Bridge. If I right click on it, it says someones line "I will not trouble you with...."
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I am in SoA and see this.

I did use mod merge with my steam install.
    @Necromanx2 Thanks for letting me know, this is an easy enough fix.
    @subtledoctor This is definitely my fault, but it is related to the game being played. I just accidentally left some string references unresolved if they already existed in one game, but obviously they don't always match in the other games. This is probably the case with more than a few custom spells, I'm going to go through all of them to make sure. I've been meaning to change some of those spells anyway.
    Hi @Abdel_Adrian, I just saw the description on the sword spider for Priestess of Lolth and think that is cool. I was wondering if 14th level for haste is a bit late though?

Also, would you be able to do something like Saradas Revisioned Shapeshifter V 1.1 and have the sword spider stats be based on the PC stats? That way there is some flavor between players.

The mod is great! I tend to play where I create my party and use several kitted characters at once.
    @Necromanx2 I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!
    I'm hesitant to give the spider form haste too early because it's effectively permanent haste, and the kit already gets a few powerful benefits early on.
    As far as stats, that's a bit more complicated. I can look into how other mods accomplish this and see if I can come up with something reasonable. I can see this getting too powerful though. I'll have to see if I can negate the effects of items such as girdles of giant strength.
    Hi Abdel_Adrian,

Is it intentional that the Priestess of Lolth cannot dual class when that component is installed? An Elf cleric can.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Abdel_Adrian

If you isntall "Wilderness Runner", then it breaks Tweaks Anthology "Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters" Can you take look?

http://pastebin.com/raw/4TfRuUe5
    http://pastebin.com/ZvQrFKiw
  • CrimsonBardCrimsonBard Member Posts: 17
    Is this mod compatible with Might and Guile and Scales of Balance, in particular the latter's SBO and WPO components? If so, where does it have to be placed in the load order? I'd assume before both?

Hi Abdel_Adrian,

Is it intentional that the Priestess of Lolth cannot dual class when that component is installed? An Elf cleric can.

@Necromanx2 Well, it's intentional that the PoL should not be able to dual class in the first place. Removing dual class restrictions only allows a demihuman to dual class if a human could under the same circumstances. I didn't assign any classes the PoL could dual to in the event someone removed the restrictions, unlike a (non-drow) elf cleric, and that's probably for the best. I'll look what I did with my other kits and consider changing this, but I still wouldn't recommend dual classing my kits.
    ALIEN said:

@Abdel_Adrian

If you isntall "Wilderness Runner", then it breaks Tweaks Anthology "Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters" Can you take look?

http://pastebin.com/raw/4TfRuUe5
    http://pastebin.com/ZvQrFKiw

@ALIEN I will absolutely look into this, but it's a little odd since the WR doesn't affect proficiencies nor can it dual class. I'll have to get back to you on this.

Is this mod compatible with Might and Guile and Scales of Balance, in particular the latter's SBO and WPO components? If so, where does it have to be placed in the load order? I'd assume before both?

@CrimsonBard Yeah just follow @subtledoctor 's advice. Can't say I've tested it myself, but we're trying to keep our mods as compatible as possible.
  • CrimsonBardCrimsonBard Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2017
    Ah yes, I tested your mod a couple of days ago in IWD:EE with SoB and MnG. While the other kits I've tested (Eldritch Knight, Windrider, War Wizard) work absolutely fine, the Bladesinger doesn't work as well. The only version of the EM Bladesinger that functions in IWD:EE is the pre-2.0 one, which makes changes to the base Bard class that are incompatible with a few of the components in MnG and SoB. For example, all of the alterations you made to the bard's THAC0, spell, proficiency and experience tables to bring them in line with a fighter/mage are overwritten. I don't know if this is also the case with the post-2.0 bladesinger, as I haven't tested it on BG:EE.

This is not to disparage either your or SubtleDoctor's great work, more a heads up on compatibility between your mods. I would guess that you'd have to choose between installing both the MnG Bard Overhaul and SoB XP table revision components, or installing the EM Bladesinger kit, if you are playing on IWD:EE anyway.
    @CrimsonBard The reason post-2.0 kits won't work on IWDEE yet is because it's only up to version 1.4. The pre-2.0 kits will actually be removed from this mod once IWDEE updates to v2+ since they're outdated. Most of the pre-2.0 kits don't change anything that the post-2.0 kits don't, but the bladesinger is the exception because it attempts to make a bard more like a F/M - something the post-2.0 version doesn't have to do because that kit is already a F/M. For pretty obvious reasons, this is incompatible with just about anything that affects bards and there's nothing that can be done about that. I only recommend the pre-2.0 kits for IWDEE and only until they update the game, but there will most likely be some issues that the post-2.0 kits have already resolved.
  • PrinceOfDoomPrinceOfDoom Member Posts: 17
    Question.

Is there a list of items added by this mod? I'd love to know. Currently playing through a game so not confident of installing and using EE-Keeper to check them out. Not wanting to use the kits, but always glad to get new items. Anything interesting is always neat to improve a playthrough. The readme is rather sparce on the information on what exactly is added by the item expansion component and the items themselves.

Can you give us a nice readme of all of the items added and what the component does otherwise?
  • Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    There is a problem when installing via BWS.
    I selected Item Expansions and all the kits except Wilderness Runner, but the program installs instead Item Expansions, Abyssal Warrior, Undead Hunter and Wilderness Runner (which was not even supposed to install)
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    Alesh91 said:

I selected Item Expansions and all the kits except Wilderness Runner, but the program installs instead Item Expansions, Abyssal Warrior, Undead Hunter and Wilderness Runner (which was not even supposed to install)

@Alesh91 It's because drastic changes to component numbers and the lack of update from mod author. Because author is inactive, I guess it's better to disable mod than risking installing wrong components.

Question.

Is there a list of items added by this mod? I'd love to know. Currently playing through a game so not confident of installing and using EE-Keeper to check them out. Not wanting to use the kits, but always glad to get new items. Anything interesting is always neat to improve a playthrough. The readme is rather sparce on the information on what exactly is added by the item expansion component and the items themselves.

Can you give us a nice readme of all of the items added and what the component does otherwise?

@PrinceOfDoom I haven't made a list of items, but that's a good idea and I'll be sure to make one soon. The readme is also a work in progress, so that will become more clear and concise in the future.
    Alesh91 said:

@Alesh91 Yeah sorry about that, ALIEN is correct that I have made significant changes to my mod without updating the BWS installation. There's actually something holding me back from doing that, but I'm working on a resolution.
    ALIEN said:

Alesh91 said:

@Alesh91 It's because drastic changes to component numbers and the lack of update from mod author. Because author is inactive, I guess it's better to disable mod than risking installing wrong components.
    @ALIEN I'm not inactive, just extremely busy. I haven't released an update to my mod in a while, but I have still been working on new content and improving what I already have.
    My Wilderness Runner and Tweaks Anthology's "Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters" are still having a compatibility issue that I was hoping to resolve since that will cause problems on BWS anyway. I could really use @subtledoctor 's and/or @CamDawg 's help with that though.

@Abdel_Adrian good to know you're still around. I have two requests/suggestions/whatever. One has to do with changing the way you use extraproficiency20 for Bladesingers; the other is to use a new, updated version of the Faiths & powers compatibility packet. ...But, the packet has not yet been finalized, so I don't have it to give you. Just want to put it on your radar.

To be honest, it's been so long since I've made a significant change to the Bladesinger that I'm not sure what you're referring to with extraproficiency20, much less what to change about it. I'm open to suggests though.
    And consider the new version of the FnP compatibility packet to be on my radar; I will certainly use that when it's available.
    @subtledoctor Ah that's right. Yeah I'd be willing to change that code to either something with the 2nd byte of another proficiency. Compatibility is definitely something I'd like to maximize, but I'm not sure if there would be any negatives to using another proficiency like SWS. The Bladesinger actually adds up to grand mastery in SWS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Don't forget that dual-classing uses bits 3-5 of the first Byte, and I think it still reads the whole byte, even though bits 6 and 7 aren't used, so you really have too keep this stuff entirely within the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th byte for normal proficiency slots.

Most importantly - most proficiency bytes allows this meddling, but not quite all, so always check first (i.e. does the game immediately crash upon applying the effect).
    @subtledoctor I'm finding this super cool too, I look forward to testing out whatever you come up with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Abdel_Adrian
    @subtledoctor Thanks! Looks great, can't wait to test it out when I have a chance.