Skip to content

Whoever wrote this (Philip Daigle) seems to be the problem

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Skarose said:

@Grum I used to be 11H until I wrecked my legs. Nice to know a bit more about you. I love you brother(Well except for the Dwarves thing,tsk tsk..)

The Elven Gish thinks it is time we quit feeding the trolls.

Usually a slight against dwarves would earn my ire. But for you? No grudge entered for a brother.

And aye...you are right on that. I'll try...
  • Mephiston87Mephiston87 Member Posts: 178
    edited April 2016
    Grum said:

Grum said:

Nothing off topic about saying what your job is. It's as relevant as you saying that you are a soldier to get cred for your arguments. Posting pictures, unit info...things that can trace to you is a no. This is something you *should* know. What's interesting is that you basically go "listen to me, I'm a soldier." Then when someone goes "hey I'm one too I disagree" you suddenly are for keeping mum. Really, if you are a soldier you should have a better idea of what you can and can't say. And surprise...you aren't limited to using your service only to attack games you don't like.

So your allowed to post your details and things about work online and your allowed to have a fb? Most don't follow military law but I do, I'm sorry if you don't. And I. Not attacking this game whatsoever, as I have said many times I haven't played the expansion. Due to this mess and the reviews I'm holding off, however I do want to play the game so I'm putting in input in an attempt to improve the games shortcoming and controversial shortcomings. If there were no problems it would not have horrid reviews and it would not have endless news about its Content. Bugs+sjw agenda, whether they intended to put sjw in this expansion or not it's there and there is more then expected.
    I said quite the opposite. I am allowed to say my mos. you can say what type of soldier you are. Infantry, tanker, chaplain, JAG...all are soldiers. All do very different things. You can quite certainly say that, especially as what you do defines your experiences. I state again: you used being a soldier to support your argument. You are saying that I cannot do the same in the most inane way possible.

Also you are indeed allowed to have fb. I have plenty of friends who choose to post news about their life. Such as themselves in their dress uniforms or whatnot. There is no rule against having fb as a soldier.

Your lack of understanding about what we can and can't do is simply put...shocking. It really makes me question you. Care to post this military law?

Here is proof that in America you are wrong: http://www.forthoodpresscenter.com/external/content/document/3439/1416867/1/5-Social Media and UCMJ.pdf

And once again, you use your claimed service to add credibility to your arguments. The second someone refutes you with his experience you make up obviously false excuses to shut the conversation down.
    Dude I'm not a yank our Laws are completely different to theirs, we even salute differently. Linking US military law is completely different, notice how our states/countries are run differently that's because Americans chose how they want to live, with their constitution. It's the same with military law it's not universal. My Co says don't use fb, I don't use fb simple as that. Terrorists are lately quite active, it's so I don't become a target(apparently) , so I follow the law. Thus is real war, I'm not here to play war. I'm a grown up I don't advertise myself. It's a job I do it, I go home simple. Notice how u still got no info from me but I covered the required bases to explain? It takes time but u will learn it.

Now back to topic please
    edited April 2016
    Purudaya said:

Actually a few trans folks have addressed the whole "girdle of sex change" thing multiple times on these forums. What's key is the expression and recognition of gender, not necessarily sex - this is a key differentiation that many people refuse to acknowledge.

There are trans people who would like to change their sex to match their gender identity as much as possible, and there are those who wouldn't. The idea that complete sex change is the be-all end-all goal for all trans people just isn't universal.

I have to agree I read about 6 posts from transsexuals tho the majority seemed to want it but due to complexity and risk not get it done. It's hard to include it but not have it "token transexual" and your right even with a perfectly safe option to do it not all would(majority would tho) so this is the sticky part.

Grum said:

Grum said:

Nothing off topic about saying what your job is. It's as relevant as you saying that you are a soldier to get cred for your arguments. Posting pictures, unit info...things that can trace to you is a no. This is something you *should* know. What's interesting is that you basically go "listen to me, I'm a soldier." Then when someone goes "hey I'm one too I disagree" you suddenly are for keeping mum. Really, if you are a soldier you should have a better idea of what you can and can't say. And surprise...you aren't limited to using your service only to attack games you don't like.

So your allowed to post your details and things about work online and your allowed to have a fb? Most don't follow military law but I do, I'm sorry if you don't. And I. Not attacking this game whatsoever, as I have said many times I haven't played the expansion. Due to this mess and the reviews I'm holding off, however I do want to play the game so I'm putting in input in an attempt to improve the games shortcoming and controversial shortcomings. If there were no problems it would not have horrid reviews and it would not have endless news about its Content. Bugs+sjw agenda, whether they intended to put sjw in this expansion or not it's there and there is more then expected.
    I said quite the opposite. I am allowed to say my mos. you can say what type of soldier you are. Infantry, tanker, chaplain, JAG...all are soldiers. All do very different things. You can quite certainly say that, especially as what you do defines your experiences. I state again: you used being a soldier to support your argument. You are saying that I cannot do the same in the most inane way possible.

Also you are indeed allowed to have fb. I have plenty of friends who choose to post news about their life. Such as themselves in their dress uniforms or whatnot. There is no rule against having fb as a soldier.

Your lack of understanding about what we can and can't do is simply put...shocking. It really makes me question you. Care to post this military law?

Here is proof that in America you are wrong: http://www.forthoodpresscenter.com/external/content/document/3439/1416867/1/5-Social Media and UCMJ.pdf

And once again, you use your claimed service to add credibility to your arguments. The second someone refutes you with his experience you make up obviously false excuses to shut the conversation down.
    Dude I'm not a yank our Laws are completely different to theirs, we even salute differently. Linking US military law is completely different, notice how our states/countries are run differently that's because Americans chose how they want to live, with their constitution. It's the same with military law it's not universal. My Co says don't use fb, I don't use fb simple as that. Terrorists are lately quite active, it's so I don't become a target(apparently) , so I follow the law. Thus is real war, I'm not here to play war. I'm a grown up I don't advertise myself. It's a job I do it, I go home simple. Notice how u still got no info from me but I covered the required bases to explain? It takes time but u will learn it.

Now back to topic please
    Yeah see how you got no info that can link to me either?

Also your command is apparently quite odd. Why?

"regimental Sergeant Major of the Army, Warrant Officer Dave Ashley’s message:

So my message to all soldiers is: embrace social media – it’s a good thing – but be aware of the dangers that inappropriate comments or images pose to our security, our reputation and the privacy of our members. If you become aware of such behaviour, say something. Report it through the chain of command or get the site owner to closer it before it does any further damage.– WO David Ashley, RSM-A. "

http://www.army.gov.au/Our-work/News-and-media/News-and-media-2012/News-and-media-May-2012/The-Pitfalls-of-Social-Media

But hey, if you can't even use Facebook and find saying what your mos is to be dangerous...something tells me that your command would see you announcing that you are a soldier here to be quite dangerous! Far more so than even having a Facebook account.

Sorry Skarose...he makes this too much fun! :smiley:

Messing with him is a welcome break from the usual gamergate trolling.
    edited April 2016
    Grum said:

Grum said:

Grum said:

Now back to topic please
    Yeah see how you got no info that can link to me either?

Also your command is apparently quite odd. Why?

"regimental Sergeant Major of the Army, Warrant Officer Dave Ashley’s message:

So my message to all soldiers is: embrace social media – it’s a good thing – but be aware of the dangers that inappropriate comments or images pose to our security, our reputation and the privacy of our members. If you become aware of such behaviour, say something. Report it through the chain of command or get the site owner to closer it before it does any further damage.– WO David Ashley, RSM-A. "

http://www.army.gov.au/Our-work/News-and-media/News-and-media-2012/News-and-media-May-2012/The-Pitfalls-of-Social-Media

But hey, if you can't even use Facebook and find saying what your mos is to be dangerous...something tells me that your command would see you announcing that you are a soldier here to be quite dangerous! Far more so than even having a Facebook account.

Sorry Skarose...he makes this too much fun! :smiley:

Messing with him is a welcome break from the usual gamergate trolling.
    Ugh soldier is an occupation, it's specifics I can't get into. When everyone stops blowing each other up it will go to business as usual. Our country is not paranoid, but they are big on protecting troops and their well being. We avoid bad press or leaks at all costs, we're small other small countrys with our capabilities would do the same.

Especially since we are near 2 juggernaut countries which are throwing their weight around.
    Sure guy. Alright. That was very convincing. ;)
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Guys, guys, guys. Let's take a step back.

Australia has soldiers?
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    The guy above said he liked Rasad and hated Dorn. I kind of hated Rasad as I thought the story was overused: two kids grow up one becomes evil the other good they reunite and kill each other. Dorn in Bg1 had a interesting story I will admit to becoming furious and mad when some things happened with him in BG2 and the opposite did not happen with Hexet with my male fighter - so those were double ugggs for me.

I think I could write better stuff too. It is hardly difficult if I am given a plot to follow and just put in a few lines. On the other hand it is hard creating interesting whole quest lines that take the character through the story. But, if someone gave me a bunch of character interactions that were already written like that with the start and finish of the quests already written I could write as well or better than most all the stuff I encountered in the game so far. Overall though I do not think the writing destroyed the game or anything and it did have new cool swords and monsters in it so I am happy I bought it - although I am also pleased I booted Corwin for Dorn - even though he is a chaotic-evil -orc-pig too.
    Beowulf said:

The guy above said he liked Rasad and hated Dorn. I kind of hated Rasad as I thought the story was overused: two kids grow up one becomes evil the other good they reunite and kill each other. Dorn in Bg1 had a interesting story I will admit to becoming furious and mad when some things happened with him in BG2 and the opposite did not happen with Hexet with my male fighter - so those were double ugggs for me.

I think I could write better stuff too. It is hardly difficult if I am given a plot to follow and just put in a few lines. On the other hand it is hard creating interesting whole quest lines that take the character through the story. But, if someone gave me a bunch of character interactions that were already written like that with the start and finish of the quests already written I could write as well or better than most all the stuff I encountered in the game so far. Overall though I do not think the writing destroyed the game or anything and it did have new cool swords and monsters in it so I am happy I bought it - although I am also pleased I booted Corwin for Dorn - even though he is a chaotic-evil -orc-pig too.

It was their first attempt at character building, iv talked to the new characters but never used them. I don't hold it against them for "first attempt" stuff. Are there any particularly good ones story wise?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    joluv said:

Australia has soldiers?

They say everything can kill you in Australia. I guess that doesn't exclude the humans.

joluv said:

Australia has soldiers?

They say everything can kill you in Australia. I guess that doesn't exclude the humans.
    It's population control, and I have no idea why so many tourists have to pat everything. It's a crocodile don't pat it! It may be our normal house spider but it's a white tail don't pat it! And that koala maybe cute but don't touch it, it will rip your face off. And yes that kangaroo is taller then you don't pat it! The reasons we get taught first aid in primary school.

It's soo off topic tho lol. The topic seems dead maybe. And for future reference we have been in every conflict the Us has been in since ww1. One of the most active militaries the west has. I read it on a cereal box.
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    edited April 2016

So when u ask for/comment on people's names they tell you their sexual preferance/gender often do they? Odd in 28 years of life that has not happened to me and in 20ish years playing baldure's gate it's not happened either, you meet really really weird people. He'll I don't even think I have ask for anyone's sexual orientation/gender before.

She never talk anything other than her name's story. She never talk about her sexual preference. Her name's story is link to her gender identity, deal with it.

(Thank calling me weird mate ؟ If you ask me where my name come from i say the same thing Mizhena did. Cause it's part of the story)

Stop talking about body change. There not body change part in this story, that never mention, there also not "hello i'm trans" there just the Mizhena name's story. This story could fit on a lot of already canonical characters. The only problem here for most people is that it's not write as a joke.

Deal with it.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    KcoQuidam said:

There not body change part in this story, that never mention, there also not "hello i'm trans" there just the Mizhena name's story.

Well said.

If one carried the Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity from BGEE into SOD, would there be an option to give the girdle to Mizhena?
    edited April 2016

KcoQuidam said:

There not body change part in this story, that never mention, there also not "hello i'm trans" there just the Mizhena name's story.

Well said.

If one carried the Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity from BGEE into SOD, would there be an option to give the girdle to Mizhena?
    You could give it to her but nothing would happen and no chat or anything, that is what the controversy is about. It's a token transsexual with making no sense in the universe. Even many transsexuals have posted and dislike how it has been done. It has been "shoehorned" in and I have no idea what that even means. I think it means it's silly and lazy, iv no idea. But when transsexual people themselves come and complain on forums u know it's bad.

They are fixing it tho I believe.
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181

KcoQuidam said:

Well said.

Why it does matter ?

We dont know anything about the current Mizhena body condition, we dont know if she as made a change or if she want a change, and ... why it MUST matter ?

Dont get me wrong it could be good but i, as a trans person, rather prefer not talking about that because the only kind of stories trans character are allowed to have is alway about body struggle of painfull rejection (which mostly doesn't make any sense in the Realms).
    edited April 2016
    KcoQuidam said:

KcoQuidam said:

Well said.

Why it does matter ?

We dont know anything about the current Mizhena body condition, we dont know if she as made a change or if she want a change, and ... why it MUST matter ?

Dont get me wrong it could be good but i, as a trans person, rather prefer not talking about that because the only kind of stories trans character are allowed to have is alway about body struggle of painfull rejection (which mostly doesn't make any sense in the Realms).
    Hit the nail on the head mate, transsexual people like any people want to be treated as equals. At the moment u just remember this person as the token "game transsexual". They have no real anything to them, just that u can ask the About their life story randomly and you find out they are a transsexual. No tests, no quests nothing. You just somehow immediately earn the person's trust immediately for them to divulge everything.

That's the main part of this but there are other parts to it. the females followers were edited to be "stronger", minsc talks about ethics(gamer gate referance) when minsc shouldn't even know the word he's too stupid literally. Basically the expansion was hit with a "this games sexist" bat. I'm not sure if it was intentional but there are far too many examples for it to be a coincidence, many people believe they are pushing a sjw agenda.

In a world that swapping genders is common why have that person? Iv no idea but it seems agenda.
  • mzacharymzachary Member Posts: 106

KcoQuidam said:

Well said.

You could give it to her but nothing would happen and no chat or anything, that is what the controversy is about. It's a token transsexual with making no sense in the universe.
    That of course remains untrue, as the fact of the matter is that the character does not state at all to what extent she is transitioned and uses the female character model, so for all you know she is already using such a device. And that is apart from the creator of the setting and WotC coming out with statements that it is fitting for the setting.

The conclusion therefor dear @Mephiston87 is not that the character makes no sense in the universe, the conclusion is that you are deliberately looking for ways to state that she would not make sense.

Even many transsexuals have posted and dislike how it has been done. It has been "shoehorned" in and I have no idea what that even means. I think it means it's silly and lazy, iv no idea. But when transsexual people themselves come and complain on forums u know it's bad.

That is a non argument, people naturally have diverse opinions, transsexuals are no exception to that. So to see transsexuals in support of how the character was written as well as against it, is in itself not an argument.
    edited April 2016
    mzachary said:

KcoQuidam said:

Well said.

You could give it to her but nothing would happen and no chat or anything, that is what the controversy is about. It's a token transsexual with making no sense in the universe.
    That of course remains untrue, as the fact of the matter is that the character does not state at all to what extent she is transitioned and uses the female character model, so for all you know she is already using such a device. And that is apart from the creator of the setting and WotC coming out with statements that it is fitting for the setting.

The conclusion therefor dear @Mephiston87 is not that the character makes no sense in the universe, the conclusion is that you are deliberately looking for ways to state that she would not make sense.

Even many transsexuals have posted and dislike how it has been done. It has been "shoehorned" in and I have no idea what that even means. I think it means it's silly and lazy, iv no idea. But when transsexual people themselves come and complain on forums u know it's bad.

That is a non argument, people naturally have diverse opinions, transsexuals are no exception to that. So to see transsexuals in support of how the character was written as well as against it, is in itself not an argument.
    OK so why does no one kick up a fuss when most games do it? Perhaps because it's tastefully done? Elders rolls series, dragon age series and many others have tackled the same thing and come out with no problems. If as you say everything is fine, why are so many people causing such a fuss? Your right they are all wrong?

If As u said she has already transitioned why bother mentioning she is transsexual at all? That is completely pointless, if they want to be another sex and they become that other sex wouldn't they call themselves the sex they currently are and want to be?
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited April 2016

OK so why does no one kick up a fuss when most games do it? Perhaps because it's tastefully done? Elders rolls series, dragon age series and many others have tackled the same thing and come out with no problems. If as you say everything is fine, why are so many people causing such a fuss? Your right they are all wrong?

If As u said she has already transitioned why bother mentioning she is transsexual at all? That is completely pointless, if they want to be another sex and they become that other sex wouldn't they call themselves the sex they currently are and want to be?

This speaks more to your own ignorance about transgender people than it does to the quality of the writing. You're thinking that the only thing a transgender person wants is to be seen and accepted as a member of their correct gender, and once they are then they shall never speak of it again. This idea that a transgender person's history must be hidden or secret is a problem, and it shouldn't be a bad thing for a transgender person to be out as a transgender person. Mizhena is clearly fine with her history and isn't ashamed of it. She's fine with explaining her history if you press her on it.

We have no reason to assume that transgender people in the Forgotten Realms are pressured to keep their transition a secret (something that was true of the real world), nor do we have reason to assume that there's only one way to be transition (to transition into being seen and accepted as a member of the correct gender) in the Forgotten Realms than there is only one way to be trans in the real world. Transgender people are members of binary genders (man and woman) as well as nonbinary genders (agender, genderqueer, genderfluid, bigender, etc). Some transgender people transition, even if they are nonbinary, and some do not even if they are binary.

As was pointed out, Krem (and other transgender, gay, lesbian, and bisexual characters) have also been the focal point for firestorms. They might not be right now, but it happens every single time.

Another element is that complainers latched onto things a woman said that they didn't like, which seems to frequently be an impetus for massive amounts of crying and drama from said complainers. This wasn't the case with DA:I. It has been pointed out that Amber Scott's statements motivated the firestorm at least in part, so.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Another element is that complainers latched onto things a woman said that they didn't like, which seems to frequently be an impetus for massive amounts of crying and drama from said complainers. This wasn't the case with DA:I. It has been pointed out that Amber Scott's statements motivated the firestorm at least in part, so.

Was that last bit even in question? I mean, the original title for this thread pinned the blame exclusively on Amber, and was only altered after it was pointed out that 1) she wasn't lead writer for SoD, and 2) the two men most prominently involved with SoD (one of whom explicitly outranks Amber at Beamdog) were somehow absolved of any "fault".
    edited April 2016

This speaks more to your own ignorance about transgender people than it does to the quality of the writing. You're thinking that the only thing a transgender person wants is to be seen and accepted as a member of their correct gender, and once they are then they shall never speak of it again. This idea that a transgender person's history must be hidden or secret is a problem, and it shouldn't be a bad thing for a transgender person to be out as a transgender person. Mizhena is clearly fine with her history and isn't ashamed of it. She's fine with explaining her history if you press her on it.

We have no reason to assume that transgender people in the Forgotten Realms are pressured to keep their transition a secret (something that was true of the real world), nor do we have reason to assume that there's only one way to be transition (to transition into being seen and accepted as a member of the correct gender) in the Forgotten Realms than there is only one way to be trans in the real world. Transgender people are members of binary genders (man and woman) as well as nonbinary genders (agender, genderqueer, genderfluid, bigender, etc). Some transgender people transition, even if they are nonbinary, and some do not even if they are binary.

As was pointed out, Krem (and other transgender, gay, lesbian, and bisexual characters) have also been the focal point for firestorms. They might not be right now, but it happens every single time.

so your saying no matter what even if they become identical in everyway possible to the sexual preferance they desire, they are still a transsexual forever. if i wanted to be a chick and i became one in every way even the ability to reproduce i would call myself a female. it seems that forever more in your opinion they remain a transexual even tho in every way they are a female. i have seen men dressed as girls call themselves female, even tho they still have a penis.

i guess that is where our opinions differ, i believe transexuals can become and use the sex they prefer, with lots of effort. u can call them transexual forever if u wish, but personally i think its wrong.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    shawne said:

Was that last bit even in question? I mean, the original title for this thread pinned the blame exclusively on Amber, and was only altered after it was pointed out that 1) she wasn't lead writer for SoD, and 2) the two men most prominently involved with SoD (one of whom explicitly outranks Amber at Beamdog) were somehow absolved of any "fault".
    No it wasn't in question. I was just explaining why this firestorm exists the way it does compared to, say, controversy around Krem and other LGBT characters in other games.

No it wasn't in question. I was just explaining why this firestorm exists the way it does compared to, say, controversy around Krem and other LGBT characters in other games.

Feh, let them ask David Gaider about the Krem backlash, he took the brunt of that.
    Oh, sure. You don't even have to go very far to prove that: the backlash to Hexxat when BG2:EE launched made it sound like this was the first time Beamdog was "shoving the SJW Agenda down everyone's throats" - conveniently overlooking that the exact same "controversy" blew up a year earlier when the devs revealed Dorn was bisexual.
  • mzacharymzachary Member Posts: 106
    edited April 2016

mzachary said:

KcoQuidam said:

Well said.

OK so why does no one kick up a fuss when most games do it? Perhaps because it's tastefully done? Elders rolls series, dragon age series and many others have tackled the same thing and come out with no problems.
    Actually the reality is that with a game like dragon age people were throwing a fuss, amusingly Milo specifically reviewed it to appeal to the GG bandwagon, And it does not take long to find exchanges like this:
    Krem: *pointless and intrusive comment about binding to indicate that he was born a woman*

Your choices:
    "Why pass as a man?"
    "Are you a woman?"
    "When did you know?"
    "And the rest of your crew?"

No option to be a dick, no option to say "I don't give a fuck about your gender issues" or anything like that.

sounds familiar? However with a much larger player base the unreasonable angry people simply are outnumbered more in dragon age by the generally far more moderate fanbase than they are in comparison with a smaller developer and current base of Baldurs gate.

If as you say everything is fine, why are so many people causing such a fuss? Your right they are all wrong?

Why yes they are indeed wrong and that they are many is not really an argument now is it. Are muslims automatically right by virtue of there being a billion of them?

I think you are a bit confused, the character talks about how she chose her name. And explains that she and those around her became to understand that she was truly a woman, the implication being that she found her former name no longer fitting and her surroundings accepting her as a woman. Hence it is not pointless to mention it as it was her motivation to change her name, which you as a player are specifically asking about.

This in itself however says nothing about her phase of transitioning or her other motivations. You cannot reasonably deduct from this that she didn't use magical means to turn herself into a woman, nor that she did, nor what her views are on such a magical application (as the existance of a magical option does not mean people also trust that magical option).

And that is why your points do not make sense, unless you are deliberately seeking to state that she does not fit in the setting.
    mzachary said:

mzachary said:

KcoQuidam said:

Well said.

OK so why does no one kick up a fuss when most games do it? Perhaps because it's tastefully done? Elders rolls series, dragon age series and many others have tackled the same thing and come out with no problems.
    Actually the reality is that with a game like dragon age people were throwing a fuss, amusingly Milo specifically reviewed it to appeal to the GG bandwagon, And it does not take long to find exchanges like this:
    Krem: *pointless and intrusive comment about binding to indicate that he was born a woman*

Your choices:
    "Why pass as a man?"
    "Are you a woman?"
    "When did you know?"
    "And the rest of your crew?"

No option to be a dick, no option to say "I don't give a fuck about your gender issues" or anything like that.

sounds familiar? However with a much larger player base the unreasonable angry people simply are outnumbered more in dragon age by the generally far more moderate fanbase than they are in comparison with a smaller developer and current base of Baldurs gate.

If as you say everything is fine, why are so many people causing such a fuss? Your right they are all wrong?

Why yes they are indeed wrong and that they are many is not really an argument now is it. Are muslims automatically right by virtue of there being a billion of them?

I think you are a bit confused, the character talks about how she chose her name. And explains that she and those around her became to understand that she was truly a woman, the implication being that she found her former name no longer fitting and her surroundings accepting her as a woman. Hence it is not pointless to mention it as it was her motivation to change her name, which you as a player are specifically asking about.

This in itself however says nothing about her phase of transitioning or her other motivations. You cannot reasonably deduct from this that she didn't use magical means to turn herself into a woman, nor that she did, nor what her views are on such a magical application (as the existance of a magical option does not mean people also trust that magical option).

And that is why your points do not make sense, unless you are deliberately seeking to state that she does not fit in the setting.
    oh wow, i never said the people causing the fuss were right because there are more of them. But in the end they are right and you are wrong, the devs have apologised and its being sorted properly and tastefully i hope. Ever played elder scrolls online? one of my favourite quests is about 2 gay guys and one has been bitten by a warewolf. one of my favourite quests, and i know many other people who think its one of their favourites too. do i care about the slight sjw in that quest? does everyone enjoy the sjw in it? yup you know why? because its appropriate and tastefully done.

this transexual chick/dude is only one piece of the ajenda many people have noticed. minsc saying ethics, females being overhauled, gay people. its a mess of sjw poorly done and breaking immersion, like everything in the game make those gay/transexual people interesting, dont make them the token gay/transexual people with no real reason to be there.

That is what it is all about, your arguing about one tiny piece that they have already admitted was poorly done.