Skip to content

What class will you play BG:EE with first?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Assassin.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Bards in BGI may be interesting again with kits, though I wonder if the game will now be unbalanced? ;(

A valid question. I hope not. We shall see. My sister and I will play multiplayer with my Avenger and her Bard; I'm not sure which kit she'll choose yet, but most likely Blade.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Paladin, to the dying breath.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    ☠ Necromancer ☠
  • DavrenDavren Member Posts: 5
    Well I've played through as a sorcerer and paladin, but backstabber rogues, and druids are more my style...I'll probably be a shapeshifter druid so I can buff and use werewolf form, or I'll do a multi/dual classed theif.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Honestly I haven't decided yet. I have an entire thread right now devoted to possible character run throughs and it includes at least one of every class. I'm also sure I'd love to run either my Fighter/Mage or Fighter/Cleric again as they've been fun so far.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Playing Cavalier for the first time. I hope I like it. Inquisitor feels too cheesy for a 1st level character.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Dual-Class.
    Mage/Fighter or maybe even Mage/Fighter/Thief.
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    where the fuck are Bards man???
    If you play a Dual-Class. Will you be "major" of many things in BGII?

Like if you play A fighter/thief will you both be major of the Ceep and the Shadow Theifs?
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Pretty easy choice for me, and it's Cleric. I absolutely love AD&D Clerics, and I won't dual or multiclass either. High level Divine spells are pretty powerful.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    I'm thinking a multiclass fighter/cleric dwarf of the evil persuation.
  • Mage...or if I'm feeling a little impish Mage/Thief.
  • PraepoitusPraepoitus Member Posts: 8
    Leaning towards a Paladin:cavalier, Kensai or Mage/Thief. Defenitely the later for Soloplay.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Barbarian, half-orc, dual wield with Flails.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    mage/cleric multiclass
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    First I'll be a Fighter... after that... it's Barbecue time!!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Probally my 1° play will be Kensai/mage or Barbarian/mage, i don't know yet but will be kensai or barbarian for BG cos i will dual only in lvl 9 with a kensai (BG II so) and something like this for the barbarian.

Gonna do a party of:

Shar-Teel
    Dorn
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Safana (or Safada that's a portuguese word for naughty...well used in fact the name ^^).

Gonna pray for an evil thief in BG II otherwise i dual the kensai to thief, the barbarian i will only dual to mage if i choose him and gonna try to solve the problem with a neutral NPC.
    Is possible to multiclass in specialized classes like kenzei/swashbuckler?
    nops, at least not on the old game. So, until the release i'm not sure of the answer.
    kamuizin said:

nops, at least not on the old game. So, until the release i'm not sure of the answer.

OK. Thanks.
    you can dual class however (human only), using a kit for the first class, a kensai/thief dual class for example (very powerful) or kensai/mage (powerful also).
  • DJLDJL Member Posts: 4
    Kensai / Mage all the way
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    edited October 2012
    Cleric/Illusionist. I've played through with a Paladin. Melee characters have a clear advantage in BG1 in terms of power, so I'm going to try the magic angle and squeeze the most out of my lower level spells. Then I'll import to BG2:EE and have fun with both divine and arcane spells in sequencers, triggers and contingencies...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Bard isn't even on the list.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @reedmilfam Sorry :( Ran out of weapon slots... Should have had a Rogue option and lumped theives and bards together...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Anduin no worries. I think I'm doing an Archer first, but might choose a different one. Bard is looking interesting, for instance.
    edited October 2012

If you play a Dual-Class. Will you be "major" of many things in BGII?

Like if you play A fighter/thief will you both be major of the Ceep and the Shadow Theifs?

You can if you apply the 'multiple strongholds' tweak from the BG2Tweak-pack found at Gibberlings3.

Dual-Class.
    Mage/Fighter or maybe even Mage/Fighter/Thief.

You're thinking 3rd edition AD&D if you want to dual-class, then pick a third class. BG has the 2nd edition rules. F/M/T is a viable multi-class option though (for an elf or half-elf).

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited October 2012
    Half-elven Fighter-Mage. (TN or CG, depending on how I feel about how familiars are implemented.)

Imoen
    Viconia
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Dorn
    Post edited by Lemernis on