Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Cvijeta said:

Cvijeta said:

I could not play nwn1 on my win10 laptop. Its fine on win7, though. I would love nwnee.

GoG. GoG. Definitely need GoG. *Plays NWN1 GoG version on his Windows 10 desktp.*
    I own gog version. Still no luck.
    The problem is probably something other than your OS then.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Graphics card I would imagine.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    NWN works fine with me.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    deltago said:

Best to say the code is lost and save the man hours actually looking for it.

Or even better: nevertheless force him to search through all of them, file them into an excel document in chronological order. And let him triple check each one's content to make absolutely sure he's holding a grudge against you. :p
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

deltago said:

Or even better: nevertheless force him to search through all of them, file them into an excel document in chronological order. And let him triple check each one's content to make absolutely sure he's holding a grudge against you. :p
    Is this some twisted kind of suicide attempt? :)
    Just the ordinary love-hate relationship between work collegues. Otherwise workplaces would be far too boring. :wink:
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    mlnevese said:

deltago said:

Is this some twisted kind of suicide attempt? :)
    Sounds like "new boss comes in and asserts his unearned authority" to me.

• mortimermcmiremortimermcmire Member Posts: 4

Why would they? I bet that all custom content would need to be updated either way. This was the case with the Infinity Engine EE's and non EE mods. And would be most likely the case with any Aurora EE's as well. Maybe they'd publish a "How To Do It Yourself" tutorial so that the communities are able to make their PW's compatible. But that's probably it. I wouldn't count on anything else officially on beamdog's side.

Yeah, ok... let's screw over thousands of players. Cool. If they're smart, Beamdog won't touch NWN1/2.
    looks like there's barely 100 people playing, sorry bud lol
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Why would they? I bet that all custom content would need to be updated either way. This was the case with the Infinity Engine EE's and non EE mods. And would be most likely the case with any Aurora EE's as well. Maybe they'd publish a "How To Do It Yourself" tutorial so that the communities are able to make their PW's compatible. But that's probably it. I wouldn't count on anything else officially on beamdog's side.

Yeah, ok... let's screw over thousands of players. Cool. If they're smart, Beamdog won't touch NWN1/2.
    Huh, weird... it's almost like you don't actually know what that site does...

*Sees 100 people playing, thinks only 100 people ever play.*
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Please l'ets not trigger another ''edition war''.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Huh, weird... it's almost like you don't actually know what that site does...

*Sees 100 people playing, thinks only 100 people ever play.*
    I think you are missing a key point: those people aren't paying any money. So it doesn't matter how many there are, there is no economic value in supporting them.

Please l'ets not trigger another ''edition war''.

Besides, everyone knows the best edition is Kenny Rogers and the First Edition.

[Dives back into his often-used bunker, just to see what condition his condition is in]

• DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

Why would an EE screw over thousands of players ??? Those players who already have a running version of the original, don't need the EE to play their existing game.
    Emotional distress; the mere existance of a [subject of devotion] in their mind imperfect [derivation] causes physical pain.

It's like Star Wars; the originals will never be the same due to the tackiness of the prequels. You can pretend they don't exist... but... it still gets to you!!! :'( Curses, now you brought a tear to a grown mans eye, just by reminding me... :(
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Prequels? I am more upset about the remaster where Han did not shoot first anymore! And adding stupid dinosaurs everywhere.... or unnecessarily cgi-ing jabba...

Anyway i hope they just make a 5th edition forgotten realms game in isometric style.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2017
    lroumen said:

Prequels? I am more upset about the remaster where Han did not shoot first anymore! And adding stupid dinosaurs everywhere.... or unnecessarily cgi-ing jabba...

Beyond solo shooting first for me it was the scenes at the end of the movie showing all these planets celebrating. Like I assume Naboo or whatever is still under the command of some Imperial Governor or something. I get the emperor is dead, but the empire (at least administratively) still exists on some level.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited July 2017
    lroumen said:

Anyway i hope they just make a 5th edition forgotten realms game in isometric style.

I don't care if it's isometric or not, but I really would rather they focus on 5E than trying to rebalance/fix things in NWN1/2 EEs. Yes, those games could, by some people's definition, need some love*; but I'd rather Beamdog spend their limited resources on a 5E game.

*As evidenced by this thread.
    Post edited by rapsam2003 on
    You mean: darkness never gets cold
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    How about simply calling it "Eversummer Days"?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Balrog99 said:

Nobody will suspect a thing!
    Or perhaps Angry Birds.

What, that's been taken?
    Neverending Mobs: Wrath of the Commoners
    https://youtu.be/FOcfOgWI30Q

The Godswar was just the prelude to an even greater tradegy.
    Balrog99 said:

Because you could also make it eternal spring or everlasting autumn... I just know it is not winter.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    If Beamdog do not intend to do the sensible thing and polish Arcanum, I vote for a Spell Jammer game. In 5E, why not? But just take the basic concepts of Spell Jammer and throw the rulebook in the rubbish bin where it belongs, take a dump on top, dip it in lava, and send it as toxic waste for disposal, storing it next to the nuclear waste and forget about it for the next 100 000 years.

I mean, just look at this forced, uninspired abomination of a hack job;
    https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Spelljammer_Travel_(Spelljammer_Setting)

This is how you do it;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYIpiouDTXs
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    bleusteel said:

Neverwinter After Dark. Maybe add some flying toasters.

Or gazebos!