Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/779/960/large/amy-cornelson-guiclock-sketches.jpg?1501181179

Any thoughts on whether or not this will impact certain feats or races? I don't know how many things are affected by that, aside from underdark races. I mean is there anything like that in 5e?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Any race with light sensitivity would find trackable day and night circles to be interesting. Like orcs and kobolds for instance. Same of course goes for characters infected with lycanthropy. It's about time we'd see playable werecows in a game! ;)

That is to say, it could very well be just a measurement of time without any ties to specific gameplay components.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    batoor said:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/779/960/large/amy-cornelson-guiclock-sketches.jpg?1501181179

Any thoughts on whether or not this will impact certain feats or races? I don't know how many things are affected by that, aside from underdark races. I mean is there anything like that in 5e?

Not really, but all IE games had some sort of clock in the bottom right (or left) corner and night and day played important roles in when some quests activated.

They'd probably keep this type of pattern in the new game.

The more interesting part is the illustration at the bottom right of the clock. It shows where the portraits are going to be located and the general look of the hub with the 8 button layout, similar to IWD2 layout. The icy look of both the strings and the sun/moon orb give a frosty look. So perhaps what we are looking at is early art for IWD2:EE which was scrapped because of the source code unavailability.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2017
    batoor said:

There's a small blue line that goes vertically through my monitor (likely the result of my constant moving it around my home office), and it just so happened to be exactly where the L in the word 'clock' is in the top left of that image. The blue line blended pretty well with the blue background, making it look like a completely different word. I was pretty confused, to say the least.

I mean, what would Beamdog be making rooster decoration variations for?

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: Enhanced Edition confirmed!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Drow are a core subrace in 5e.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    batoor said:

Yes, in a way, day and night matters in PnP. Plus, every RPG I've seen, from the old IE games to Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 to Tyranny, they all had some mechanic that showed daylight/night or represented a clock. Good RPGs care about days and timing and such.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    I'm Hoping for a Brand NEW Forgotten Realms Epic Adventure Someplace Other than The Sword Coast.....Or Do BG3 Already everyone Wants Another BG........
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    In before it's Heirs To Skull Crag
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Pokota said:

In before it's Heirs To Skull Crag

Would you settle for "Hairs on Craig's Skull"?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Nimran said:

The biggest question, at least for me, is whether there will be ferrets gazebos in the new game or not.

Fixed. :p
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Aedan said:

Nimran said:

The biggest question, at least for me, is whether there will be ferrets gazebos in the new game or not.

No.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Nimran said:

Aedan said:

Nimran said:

No.
    Yes.

Nimran said:

Aedan said:

Nimran said:

No.
    Yes.
    Noes.

Nimran said:

Aedan said:

Nimran said:

No.
    Yes.
    Noes.
    Nose.
    Nimran said:

Nimran said:

Aedan said:

Nimran said:

No.
    Yes.
    Noes.
    Nose.
    Wet or dry nose?
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    edited August 2017
    12 new posts since my last visit in this thread? Alright, mustabeen some exciting new info leaked people are fervently discussing...

Nimran said:

Nimran said:

Aedan said:

Nimran said:

No.
    Yes.
    Noes.
    Nose.
    Wet or dry nose?
    Urgh.

Nimran said:

Nimran said:

Aedan said:

Nimran said:

No.
    Yes.
    Noes.
    Nose.
    Wet or dry nose?
    Only the nose knows.

This thread would be flooded with new comments if any actual new information was out. Certainly more than 12.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Read "the nose" by nikolai gogol
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Will the next Beamdog project be based around Cyrano de Bergerac, or Cleopatra? :love:
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Will the next Beamdog project be based around Cyrano de Bergerac, or Cleopatra? :love:

Jimmy Durante and Mrs. Calabash.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Bhaal and Melissan Yoko and that Beetle.
    Sean Bean and Mr. Bean.
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151

We already had a Cyrano reference in BG2.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    So it's Cleopatra this time...
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    mlnevese said:

So it's Cleopatra this time...

Any chance we can get the Lumineers to do the soundtrack.

For the record, my name is Richard Burton, so if we can find someone named Elizabeth Taylor, we're in.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    All right why hasn't @tbone1 received the blue background yet? He obviously knows everything about the next release :)
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    :D

:(:'(
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Sooooo...

Do we have any information about the new project? At all?

I'm pretty hopeful for something completely new this time o.o'