Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Mornmagor said:

Sooooo...

Do we have any information about the new project? At all?

I'm pretty hopeful for something completely new this time o.o'

Agree. Wheres my good 5e game news?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    mlnevese said:

All right why hasn't @tbone1 received the blue background yet? He obviously knows everything about the next release :)

Tax purposes. I just don't want to deal with the paperwork
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    edited August 2017
    SethDavis said:

*swoop in*

okay, everyone keep this quiet 'cause i don't wanna get fired, but the new project may or may not involve...

someone wearing a hat

*swoop out*
    Is said *CENSORED* possessing a feather, or other fancy accoutrement?
    Post edited by DreadKhan on
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    DreadKhan said:

Is said *blah* possessing a feather, or other fancy accoutrement?

y'all need to play along better with the spoiler tags :p

and would a *blah* be worth mentioning if it was unadorned?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    SethDavis said:

DreadKhan said:

Is said *blah* possessing a feather, or other fancy accoutrement?

y'all need to play along better with the spoiler tags :p

and would a *blah* be worth mentioning if it was unadorned?
    Sorry, will edit. :blush:
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235

Nimran said:

Sean Bean and Mr. Bean.

Spoiler: Sean Bean's NPC dies.
    There will be an encounter with a human fighter NPC mumbling about a ring. He is hostile, but only toward halflings.
    Sjerrie said:

Nimran said:

Sean Bean and Mr. Bean.

There will be an encounter with a human fighter NPC mumbling about a ring. He is hostile, but only toward halflings.
    Or he Will bè a benevolent lord Who gets beheaded by a Chaotic Evil brat.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    All of the above.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Nimran said:

Sjerrie said:

Nimran said:

Sean Bean and Mr. Bean.

Or he Will bè a benevolent lord Who gets beheaded by a Chaotic Evil brat.
    Or an agent who betrays his country and is killed by Bondari, James Bondari.
    Or a prostitute with a heart of gold?

SethDavis said:

someone wearing a hat

So, BG3 takes place 2,000 years after Throne of Bhaal.

Your quest is to find a pointy hat for a bitter, bitter woman who works as a barmaid in Waterdeep.
    Edwina?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    deltago said:

All of the above.

Whilst retiring to play golf.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited August 2017
    When you say hat...

Do helmets count? Or is it a real hat?

Is it an Elminster hat, or more like a Jarlaxle hat? o.o'

Or maaaaaaaaaaybe, it's my tinfoil hat.

>.>

<.<

>.<

Whatever it is, please include super awesome armor like fantasy Chaos Warriors have.

Yes, even if it's not fantasy o.o
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Dear board mods,

I will hiring an attorney to sue y'all for false advertising. This thread does not contain all I want to know about Beamdog's next project.

Okay maybe not but some solid information was due loooong ago.

BG 3? 5th ed game? What gives

"Come on, what about now? No? C'mon, c'mon! I'm getting itchy, let's GO!"
    edited August 2017
    BG3: Spellplague Now.

BG3: Minsc & Boo Bogus Journey.

BG3.0: You Are (Not) a Bhaalspawn.

BG3: Bhaal's Not Dead. With Kevin Sorbo.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    "BG3.0: You Are (Not) a Bhaalspawn."

Get in the Big Metal Unit, Charname!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Dear board mods,

I will hiring an attorney to sue y'all for false advertising. This thread does not contain all I want to know about Beamdog's next project.

Okay maybe not but some solid information was due loooong ago.

BG 3? 5th ed game? What gives

"Come on, what about now? No? C'mon, c'mon! I'm getting itchy, let's GO!"

It's still early. The writing staff were only hired a year ago. If they are building something from scratch, I'd give the team another 2 years before it's release, minimum, especially with IWD2 being shelved.

We'll probably get some slow trickles of teasers within those two years but I wouldn't expect anything major as they don't want to build unreasonable hype surrounding the project.

Vallmyr said:

"BG3.0: You Are (Not) a Bhaalspawn."

Get in the Big Metal Unit, Charname!

Shinji is the Elric of super robot anime.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    So do you guys think that we might be getting a completely new game or do you think it will be a rehash of an old game?

I'm fine with either one and I must admit that Beamdog seems very hush hush and quiet lately...
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

I'm 50% / 50% between either a new game, or an expansion of some kind. Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for all-new minotaur models and whatnot. If the new title has something to do with Baphomet then it may be related to either The Throne of Bloodstone or Out of the Abyss. Probably the latter, it being 5th edition and all that jazz.

My only hope is that the new project doesn't feature the Sword Coast. Cause it's the least appealing location of the Forgotten Realms thanks to being done to death already.

I'm 50% / 50% between either a new game, or an expansion of some kind. Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for all-new minotaur models and whatnot. If the new title has something to do with Baphomet then it may be related to either The Throne of Bloodstone or Out of the Abyss. Probably the latter, it being 5th edition and all that jazz.

My only hope is that the new project doesn't feature the Sword Coast. Cause it's the least appealing location of the Forgotten Realms thanks to being done to death already.

Been a while since I've strolled through Myth Drannor!
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Yea I am Really Wishing For a Brand new Adventure Somewhere other Than The Sword Coast, Don't get me wrong I love That area And would still Play a New game There but The Forgotten Realms is a Huge Area ( As I Look at my Custom FR Wall hang) Yea Myth Drannor Would be real Sweet!!!!
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I'm 100% sure there's a new 5e FR game in the works. They've even alluded to this themselves from time to time.

And I totally agree with the sentiment of hoping the game is not set in any FR locale already visited in any previous game. FR is huge and has so many very interesting places. I cannot understand why devs keep going to the same old tired places. Please no Sword Coast or the North, or even the High Forest or the Western Heartlands or Amn. Cormyr, Sembia and the Dalelands would be ok, but even better would be areas further south (Calimshan, Vilhon Reach, Lake of Steam, the Shaar, Dambrath, etc.) or east (Vaasa, Damara, Narfell, Great Dale, Thesk, Aglarond, etc.).
    BG3: Mists of Kara-Tur.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    kanisatha said:

I'm 100% sure there's a new 5e FR game in the works. They've even alluded to this themselves from time to time.

And I totally agree with the sentiment of hoping the game is not set in any FR locale already visited in any previous game. FR is huge and has so many very interesting places. I cannot understand why devs keep going to the same old tired places. Please no Sword Coast or the North, or even the High Forest or the Western Heartlands or Amn. Cormyr, Sembia and the Dalelands would be ok, but even better would be areas further south (Calimshan, Vilhon Reach, Lake of Steam, the Shaar, Dambrath, etc.) or east (Vaasa, Damara, Narfell, Great Dale, Thesk, Aglarond, etc.).

Geographical locations other than Europe had medieval times? Are you sure of that? Are you sure they were not just randomly drawn masses of land inhabited by troglodytes, devils and monstrous beasts described with the caption "here be dragons"!?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Data's Byte 010101: Reckoning of the Modrons
    Batrachi's Gift: Vortex of Ssendam

Because Good vs. Evil is hopelessly overused. And both Law or Chaos themed D&D games are close to nonexistent.