Skip to content

What do you think about this sort of thing?

BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
  1. What do you think about this sort of thing?41 votes
    1. Down with this sort of thing.
      24.39%
    2. We need more of this sort of thing.
      24.39%
    3. I don't believe in things.
      51.22%

Comments

• sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    edited May 2016
    dots said:

I'm more of a that kind of stuff person.

This kind of thing often leads to that kind of stuff
    Post edited by sparkleav on
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    how can you tell if the thing is real or if you're in a pod somewhere with wires in your brain making you think the thing is real?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    SethDavis said:

how can you tell if the thing is real or if you're in a pod somewhere with wires in your brain making you think the thing is real?

Because.
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    SethDavis said:

You don't

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Can’t we all just be more accepting of both? Each of us have our own preference, of course, but that doesn’t make the other option less viable. And what about those who want no sort of thing at all?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Why do we need a poll on this sort of thing? It's not like there are already countless topics regarding it already. It's like we're talking in circles every time this sort of thing gets brought up.
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    A few salient facts for people to mull over....

A recent survey showed that we will all be over $4000 worse off per mean household in 34 years time if this sort of thing continues unchecked. And not only that, but this sort of thing will have a negative impact on house prices of between 9 and 14%, and in places where this sort of thing exceeds 3.6 particles per million levels of fun drop by two thirds!

Get real, people!
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    BGLover said:

A recent survey showed that we will all be over $4000 worse off per mean household in 34 years time if this sort of thing continues unchecked. And not only that, but this sort of thing will have a negative impact on house prices of between 9 and 14%, and in places where this sort of thing exceeds 3.6 particles per million levels of fun drop by two thirds!

Get real, people!

Hmmm… Source? I would like to check those figures myself.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    BGLover said:

Get real, people!

Don't forget about immigration!
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Had to break the tie even though I don't believe anything will help everything.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    BGLover said:

Get real, people!

Sounds to me like this poll is biased. I thought this was exactly the sort of thing we were hoping to avoid?
    edited May 2016
    Dee said:

BGLover said:

Get real, people!

Sounds to me like this poll is biased. I thought this was exactly the sort of thing we were hoping to avoid?
    Don't run a mean household. B-) the problems only happen to mean households according to the biased poll.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    While I do think that this sort of thig shouldn't continue unchecked, I also doubt it will have a strong impact on any kind of stuff.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Now I wish I'd posted "That would be an ecumenical matter."
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    It has been brought to my attention that stuff lovers are getting involved in this discussion.

Now....

Whilst I have nothing against stuff in general (and have actually been known to enjoy this kind of stuff, that kind of stuff and very rarely any kind of stuff), on this occasion I gently remind people we are discussing things, not stuff.

So can we stay on topic and limit our discussion to this sort of thing.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    C'mon, it's the next big thing!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I was looking for a thing, but then the guy took the thing, so now the thing is gone.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    BGLover said:

It has been brought to my attention that stuff lovers are getting involved in this discussion.

Now....

Whilst I have nothing against stuff in general (and have actually been known to enjoy this kind of stuff, that kind of stuff and very rarely any kind of stuff), on this occasion I gently remind people we are discussing things, not stuff.

OH COME ON. This sort of thing is the sole reason why we can never have a proper discussion about that stuff. Sure, they may have had nothing in common at first, but seeing as now whenever you bring that stuff up you get told down hearing that sort of thing, well it goes to show that one camp is trying to silence the other. I think if we want to really have a meaningful discussion about this sort of thing we not only need to accept talking about that kind of stuff but even embrace the matter.
    edited May 2016
    Things don't matter, but stuff doesn't.

Post edited by mf2112 on
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Chnapy said:

BGLover said:

Now....

OH COME ON. This sort of thing is the sole reason why we can never have a proper discussion about that stuff. Sure, they may have had nothing in common at first, but seeing as now whenever you bring that stuff up you get told down hearing that sort of thing, well it goes to show that one camp is trying to silence the other. I think if we want to really have a meaningful discussion about this sort of thing we not only need to accept talking about that kind of stuff but even embrace the matter.
    Typical TSoTW.