Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    It's not stealing, it's pre-emptive looting, someone had to.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Yes, sorry. Wasn't looking at it. :)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: No Keldorn is not a thief. He liberates the armor from the evil Strald!
    Well, if and when Strahd dies, the whole castle will be lootable.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    *cough cough* sophistry! *beams* dusty in here, isn't it?

....annnnnyway once the door opens Branwen will step in, hammer at the ready to break something into smithereens...seeing the figure at the desk she stands upright and calls out imperiously,

"You there! Stop your incessant scratching upon those scrolls and face us! By Tempus, tell us be you friend or foe. If friend, you will undoubtedly be of great use to us. If foe, then come, draw your weapon, fight with honour and we will not be forced to hang your scrawny neck from that rope beside your head!"

Seeing Kivan has fired the arrow downstairs and declared our position, she sees no sense in trying to play nice any longer. Tempus is hungry for battle and blood!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora looks at the man crouching by the desk.

Whatcha doin'? Is it sums?

Alora goes over to have a look.

What happens if I pull this rope?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC That does it. Alora IS a Kender. I have no doubts now. :)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Edwin sighs and begins looking over the armor.

"I am no blacksmith..."

Branwen's booming voice interrupts his no doubt scathing remark.

"What have these fools gotten themselves into now? Come Keldorn, you can finish with the thievery later."

Edwin smiles at Keldorn as he turns to follow the voices.

"By the gods, I find we have much in common knight."
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Skie is not walking into the room yet. That rope looks like it could be used to activate a trap door on the floor or something.
    OOC: okay omnipresent authority figure, lore checks done. Any magic noticed on this armor?

IC: There is nothing common about me Edwin, as I realize you are no mere common Red Wizard. I also note you haven't denied wanting this castle, this land and all the power that may go to its ruler, such as immortality.

You there scribe... Man or Beast? Answer now, for we can save you from the evils here. *casts detect evil, concentrating on the ?person?*
  • GreedySadistGreedySadist Member Posts: 15
    @Evinfuilt thats just a sorry excuse so that you wouldn't reveal that you're stealing from this castle!
    OOC: He also stole the doll from Gertruda's room.
    OOC: Maybe Keldorn is the Kender...
    @Evinfuilt Nope, no magic. Just a suit of Plate Mail.

A wizened old man sticks his head up from behind a stack of books. "Eh? What's all this racket? Can't a man do his job in peace?'" he asks in a complaining voice. He keeps his quill pen on the paper he's writing on, but you notice that his hand never strays far from the rope.
    Skie will not step foot in the room, but will have an arrow trained on the old man. Skie is still hiding in shadows of course.
    When he moves a bit, you can see that he's chained to the desk...
    Alora goes over to see what he is writing.

If you're chained to the desk what do you do when you need to go to the toilet? Is that when you pull the rope?
    Edwin cannot help but chuckle at Aloras question, and it takes him a moment to compose himself before addressing the man.

"My companions are a rather jumpy and untrusting lot. I wonder if you might tell us who you are? And what it is you are doing here?"

He pauses and then puts a slender finger to his lip, as if something has just struck him.

"There is also the question of a child's whereabouts. I doubt you know anything of her, chained up as you are, but I would feel remiss not to ask."
    Alora thinks she knows what the wizened old man is doing: he's working on bug fixes for BG:EE.
    Thank you Edwin, that is the question I would have liked to ask...
    *steps outside and drops the useless ordinary plate, it was worth investigating, while doing so Keldorn see's the childs doll again in his bag... and comes back in*

Good gentle scribe, we may not be looking for a young girl, but a lady as matured to as our companion Ireena here.

*whispering to Edwin, please be prepared to burn that rope if he looks twitchy, I don't want to see it pulled*
    Edwin begins to mutter the words to a burning hands spell under his breath.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    The Druid steps near the room, glancing at the rope, and back at the old man, a thoughtful frown on his face, as he contemplates the situation."I think it might be wise to answer my companion's questions, for they see viper's in every corner, and aren't hesitant to cut off the head, if it looks that it might strike."
    The old man looks out over the half-moon glasses perched on the tip of his nose. "Oh, my!" he says, looking all of you over. "I am Lief Lipsiege. I am an accountant. The master of the castle has put me here to tabulate all of his treasures. Well, the ones he will admit to, anyway." He sighs softly. "I know he has other treasures he has not revealed to me, but I have no idea where he keeps them."

He listens to Edwin, and he frowns. "A girl child? I know nothing of the master's guests. I do not leave this room. He gestures to the space beneath the desk, where a crude bedroom and a smelly bucket share residence. "I am provided with food and a creature removes the bucket twice a day and brings back a clean one. Mostly, this room is all I know." Then, he looks up with a start of alarm. "But you cannot free me! If I leave this room, he will kill me!"
    We will protect you Sir, if you wish your freedom.
    Have you seen a young women perchance, I fear our lil Gertrude is not a little girl. M'lord Lipsiege, I understand you not wanting us to free you at this time, but we will return for you when Strahd has been taken care of.

Oh, just a quick question, I feel you know where many treasures ARE... Could you tell us where he hasn't stored any that you know of? We seek certain items that may help us defeat him.
    His desk is like George's.

Lief calms down when he realizes you aren't going to forcibly free him. "Yes," he says after a moment. "I do know where one of his treasures is. If you go back down the stairs and head north and then east, you will find the castle chapel. I heard he keeps an object of great holy power there. I do not know of any guests to the castle, as I have said. Now, please, you must leave! If he finds you here, he will be most upset with you... and me. I may no longer remember how long I have been here, but I remember enough to fear his wrath."
    But what happens if I pull this rope?

Alora pulls the rope ...
    Edwin looks at the man with contempt.

"You are a coward, were we to free you from your chain you would no doubt remain hiding in your little room. I would not..."

Edwin notices Alora pulling the rope.

"No do not..."

Edwin's eyes narrow as the small Kender.. I mean Halfling, pulls on the rope.

"Prepare yourselves, I believe company is on the way. Let us hope we fair better than with the wolves."
    OOC And some people in my group complained when the minotaur warrior swallowed the kender alive... :)
This discussion has been closed.