Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    oh boy....Branwen involuntarily cringes, half expecting the roof to fall in as she glances around wildly, waiting to see the result of the mischevious halfling's rope pull....
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: must remember good guys don't kill other good guys... and please let that rope be for flushing. Anyways, good news. directions to the chapel.. and yes, I smell a trap
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited November 2012
    @minevese That Minotaur must have had the world's largest jaw and mouth, to accomplish THAT feat. But I think your characters should get practice bending over, because Alora may have just screwed the party over.

You don't have long to wait. Only a few minutes after Alora pulls the rope, a wall of black smoke rushes down through the hole in the ceiling. rolling out into the room. It separates into ten seperate, discrete "clouds", each with malevolently glowing red eyes.

Since you were expecting it, you aren't surprised, but the beings win first initiative, and attack the party. One of them scratches Keldorn with its claws, leaving him shaking and cold to his very soul. (1 hit point damage -1 Level), Three claw Edwin for 14 total, and spells literally evaporate from his mind (14 damage, -3 levels). A third takes on Alora, doing 5 (5 damage, -1 Level). Skie is also hit for 1 (1 damage, -1 level). Ajantis is hit for 6 (6 damage, -1 level0. The others miss.

So, new levels and hit points- Keldorn Level 8, 85 hit points, Kivan, Level 8, 80 hp, Valygar Level 7, 84 hit points, Cernd Level 9, 65 hp, Ajantis Level 8, 81 hit points, Alora Level 6, 31 hit points, Branwen, Level 9 69 hp, Edwin Level 6, 33 hp, Aerie Level 8/8 36 hit points, Skie Level 8, 56 hp.

Edwin lost spells and so did Ajantis. Alora and Skie have lost thief abilities. Edwin lost his 4th and 5th level spells as well as one third level spell.

DM sez: Good going, Alora... screwing over the party like that. And the fight is only just begun!
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Why didn't someone stop me!
    In one smooth move, Alora goes from most beloved party member to most HATED party member...

Lief dives under his desk, shaking like a leaf.
    This is what the monsters look like: image
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Run away! Run away!
    And I forgot to add... actions?
    Is shitting your breeches an action?
    edited November 2012
    @Permidion_Stark It's a *reaction*, certainly. LOL.
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    @LadyRhian The party wizard's casting enlarge on the minotaur first probably helped the feat ;)

I'll hit the nearest smoke monster. No sense trying to run away from something that can go through walls.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    I'll run over with my Boots of Speed and use my sword to attack the same one that Ajantis is attacking.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Ooc: hope our cleric can help with the lost levels.

Edwin prepares to fire magic missle into the darkness.
    Delvarian said:

Ooc: hope our cleric can help with the lost levels.

Edwin prepares to fire magic missle into the darkness.

Lol, and Keldorn is losing much faith at this time..

I cast dispell magic to remove any "preparations" these things have and then slice into the one in front of me.

Okay. :)
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    Cernd mutter something about curiousity killed the halfing, and casts flameblade, so hoping the shadowy creatures dislike fire.
    LadyRhian said:

Okay. :)

/shudder I just did something bad didn't I...

• Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    edited November 2012
    +2 scimitar time

OOC: Alora can't be a Kender if she shows fear... however she can turn into a half-wraith if she loses all her levels in this encounter.
    It would have been poetic justice if they killed Alora, but I am scrupulously fair when it comes to dice, and she only got hit once. It seems that Edwin might be the first one to die here, though. Apparently, my dice hate your position in the party. (I roll d20's, separate out any "definitely didn't connect"s and then roll for targets to see if there was an actual hit. If there was, a roll for damage follows.)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Can we just run out of the room and shut the door?
    edited November 2012
    Awong124 said:

Can we just run out of the room and shut the door?

I don't think a door will stop smoke monsters.
    oh and i did cast dispel before Cernd cast flameblade, so no being tricksy ;)

Turn undead! Turn undead! Can't anyone turn undead?

@LadyRhian
    I didn't realise Edwin was in such trouble. I will of course throw myself into the fray against the shadow monsters attacking him. I will try to get between him and them to protect him.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Ooc: swoons over Alora "My hero, and also the one who got me killed." Lol

ooc: playing Edwin is a curse, to always die first.

IC: Never trust a halfling... little beings of chaos. Maybe Strahd sent you to test us further. Branwen is the only women worth respecting in this group.
  • GreedySadistGreedySadist Member Posts: 15
    Evinfuilt said:

ooc: playing Edwin is a curse, to always die first.

You simians may simply refer to him as "dead"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC I always hope we paladins will be the first to die. Edwin's evil is so great he always steals that honor from us ;)
    Skie will switch to using her Flametongue for monsters that are close enough to hit her. If there are no monsters in melee range, she will use her wand of magic missiles.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Hey, dont I still have the javelin of lightning? Is it a wand of lightning in bg or just a long spear that has lightning elemental damage?

Also, I mentioned that I was hiding in shadow in a previous post. Can I still backstab with a katana?
    Well, apparently they can see you when you're hiding. Because I was hiding and still got hit.
    @Evinfuilt @GreedySadist Edwin is currently in a Pre-Dead state. ;) Edwin Odessiron: First in battle, first in negotiations.. First in an early grave!
This discussion has been closed.