Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Edwin looks about, his eyes narrowing.

"I do not like this, it is a bit too quiet for my liking. We must be on our best guard, for anything may await us in this lair of pure evil."
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Delvarian said:

Edwin looks about, his eyes narrowing.

"I do not like this, it is a bit too quiet for my liking. We must be on our best guard, for anything may await us in this lair of pure evil."

"Then you should feel right at home here wizard."
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I thought you would feel more at home here Edwin. He is a creature of evil, but one of rules and we must use that to our advantage. I will head upstairs and find Gertrude, I don't expect to find traps but I would prefer Alora leading the way, make sure our path is clear.

Ireena, if you will still, please follow us. Your accent may comfort the girl when we find her, and maybe we can find out Strahds intentions on both of you.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited November 2012
    I'll only lead the way if you stop being mean to Edwin. He's not evil. You're just jealous of him because he is cleverer than you are.

Having made her point quite forcefully, Alora stomps off up the stairs.
    Edwin smirks and gives Keldorn a slight bow before heading after Alora.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: Does Edwin have the highest lore in the party? I think he should check the plate armor and sees if it's cursed.

Valygar gives a good chuckle at the wizard and heads off after Alora and Edwin.
    It doesn't take magic to know Edwin is evil, but his is the type I can follow. *seeing everyone walking away* and I seem I should follow him now.

OOC: I also was wondering about that plate... oh heck, I can't resist.

*Stops to peruse the plate* I wonder if this would fit *lore check please before I try on the helm*
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited November 2012
    OOC: Keldorn becomes charmed and starts to whack everyone with his sword.

Edit: Inquisitor is immune to charm and hold. So Keldorn should be party friendly even if the item is cursed.
    Post edited by bbear on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll go last to protect the back of the party.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    OOC: Sorry for being absent, as well. Work was crazy, and I've finally gotten a break-ish

Cernd, shook his head, exasperated at the change of events. "Where ever the winds blows.." He follows in the middle of the group. "I do think he might have made his intent clear." He said, at Keldorn's comment.
    Ooc: Are we all together as a group or have we split up?
    OOC I think we're all together, with me closing the group.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Aerie heads off with the others, staying towards the middle of the group and trying to squint through the darkness. Very, very quietly, she murmurs a prayer to her goddess for the safety of all in the group. Then, she thinks better of a simple prayer and casts Protection from Evil 10 ft. radius on the group. If anyone notices the spell, Aerie shrugs. "We will likely need it before the day is out. This way, I won't have to waste time casting it when something tries to chew our faces off again."
    Edwin looks at Aerie.

"Do not apologize for prudence, it makes you look weak."
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay... Yes, the armor and helmet will fit Keldorn. These are not the main stairs Strahd spoke of, but if you want to take them, we can do that, too. You tread upwards for 50 before coming to a door to the west. The stairs continue up as far as you can see. The stairway is lit by fluttering torches in iron holders. A cold wind blows down the stairs, sucking away any heat you might get from the torches, but doesn't put them out.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Aerie grins impishly at the red wizard. "I'm sorry, Edwin." She regards the door solemnly. "I'd rather not hike all the way up those stairs unless I really have to. Alora, could you check this door for locks or traps?"
    @sorcerer_57 Why don't you place your name in the waiting queue and join the fun when one of us die? :)
  • sorcerer_57sorcerer_57 Member Posts: 16
    As much as I know I would love that, I have two weeks left of class (major crunch time), and BGEE comes out tomorrow, so I can't see being able to do the game justice. Perhaps when my schedule clears up I could lend a spell or three.
    *Keldorn grabs the suit of armor for looking at later, getting Edwin to inspect them.*
    The armor is on a stand. It takes him a few minutes to take it down and pack it away.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    *trudging along up the stairs with the group, watching the small one scatter cake crumbs all over the floor as she checks the door for nasty surprises...glancing nervously behind her as the ill-omened wind blows past her, the torches fluttering wildly, creating all kinds of suggestive shadows...reassured a little by the presence of the young paladin guarding our backs as the elder one clanks and messes around at the bottom of the stairs stealing the armour*
    Alora finds no traps on the door...
    I admit, it feels wrong to steal... Even from Strahd, but it seems this group has chosen to take on this evil directly. Edwin, could you give me your wise input on this armor and if it is safe to wear? The chance to finally be back in Full Plate encourages me, and then Valygar could use my Splint if he so wishes.

*draws sword and opens the door Alora checked out*
    Dusty scrolls and tomes line the walls of this room, and are scattered across the floor. In the center of all this clutter stands a huge accountant's desk. A figure crouches atop a tall stool, scratching a seemingly endless scroll of paper with a dry quill pen. A rope hangs next to the figure from a hole in the ceiling.
  • GreedySadistGreedySadist Member Posts: 15
    I really enjoy reading these roleplaying threads but...
    ...since when Paladins are actually thieves? Because Keldorn just stole a full plate didn't he?
    @GreedySadist :D Just wait... :D
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    Argh, I want back in, if only to mock the others. I mean, help. Yes. That's what I meant.
    @Katastrophe Shall I add your name to the list?
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    @LadyRhian I'm already on the list---you told me I was third I believe.
This discussion has been closed.