Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    You'd have to get closer, but it looks like the sides of the castle from here. And you'd have to hoist the gates yourselves.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    OOC: Huzzah! Way to go LadyRhian.

IC: Edwin steps from the coach and heads across the bridge. A look of triumph tinged with hunger on his features. He ignores the others in the party, assuming that they will follow him, as he makes his way toward the open main doors.

"It is time we met our host."
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    OOC: Question is, did everyone go in, or did a few other stay behind? Because Cernd would go into the carriage if everyone else was going, It just isn't wise to stay in the woods alone. And on a side note, I'm off to work.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: Keldorn omnipresent authority was busy at work, but he would have followed Edwin, Edwin maybe evil, but he isn't a fool.

IC: To the Gate, let us get this matter over with. Strahd will tell us why we're really here, sorry Irina, but I doubt we were brought to these lands for you, save you though, we will. Strahd has other plans, and to foil them, we first must know them.
    The ornate massive doors hang open. Fluttering torches cast dim yellow flickers of light from the entryway. Twenty feet into the castle, a second set of doors suddenly swings open effortlessly and the sounds of organ music flow out. Overhead, in the entryway, four statues of dragons glare down, their eyes flickering in the torchlight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
    DM sez: Just wanted to say, how could you *not* love a map which has levels like this?:
    This is what the outside of the castle looks like. You are entering from the left side...
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: Classical is one of my favorites. This is a good piece.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora follows Edwin (but checks the gates for traps in case in concentrating on the bigger picture he ignored some of the details ....)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OCC: I prefer this piece for the castle music from ff8. Skip to 0:25 for the ominous castle music.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsId-Dm3aK4

Valygar follows the halfing and the egoistic wizard.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @bbear you forgot the handsome paladin who went first ;)
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    @Myval

I think we were the only mistrustful fools who got left behind...finally alone at last, druid...lol

*seeing the carriage take off at unbelievable speed, pulled along by the demon horses, she spurs her horse into action, trying desperately to keep it in sight...seeing it vanish into the distance, she makes sure Cernd has kept up and instead reins her horse in to stop it lathering, intent on following the path up to the looming castle ahead safely*
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

@Myval

I think we were the only mistrustful fools who got left behind...finally alone at last, druid...lol

I hear Cernd is a "beast" in the sack.
    @bbear The Toccata and Fugue in D Minor on the Organ is "Dracula" music (or at least, parts of it are- it's what Dracula is playing in his castle in several classic movies) so why not? ;)

Okay you stand in the entryway long enough for Branwen and Cernd to catch up with you. Your horses are left in the courtyard for lack of a stables. Alora finds no traps that she can see. Beyond the entrance is an octagonal room with a domed ceiling. Cobwebs hang from the dust-covered columns of this great hall, illuminated by torches fluttering in iron sconces. The dust and webs cast strange, moving shadows across the faces of stone gargoyles squatting motionlessly on the rim of the domed ceiling. Their mouths are open, leering endlessly under a coating of dust. Cracked and faded ceiling frescoes are covered in centuries of decay.

Two doors of bronze stand closed to the east. To the north, a wide staircase climbs into the darkness. All the while, sad and majestic organ tones float about you from a lit hallway to the south.
    Also, more ominous Organ music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XNe9hdSxs
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Aerie follows along with the group, but she definitely does not like it here. This is no place for one of the Avariel.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    The Druid, steps back, from the horses, no natural horse would have red eyes, and smell of brimstone. He watched them set off at an unsettling speed, and scrambled to get onto his horse, and shook his head, as he caught up to the Priestess. "I can't say what is more dangerous, being stuck with our lurking foe, or out here, with his hunting beasts. We need to tread carefully." He said, as he caught up with Branwen.
    Alora's plan is to sneak up on Strahd while he is playing on his organ. With all the noise he is making he will never hear her coming.
    edited November 2012
    Skie will walk along while hidden in shadows.

Alora's plan is to sneak up on Strahd while he is playing on his organ. With all the noise he is making he will never hear her coming.

Playing on his organ eh? Which "organ"?

And all the noise he's making? Lol, so Strahd's the vigorous type. And Alora wants to sneak up and watch.
    Awong124 said:

Skie will walk along while hidden in shadows.

Playing on his organ eh? Which "organ"?

And all the noise he's making? Lol, so Strahd's the vigorous type. And Alora wants to sneak up and watch.
    Alora is starting to think is that Skie may in fact be Kivan wearing the belt of Masculinity/Femininity.

Eldoth is very upset that Skie seems to have a little Kivan in her... tsk tsk
    DM Sez, sounds like she's pregnant. "I have a little Kivan in me..."
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    LadyRhian said:

DM Sez, sounds like she's pregnant. "I have a little Kivan in me..."

And we were worried about the child of Bhaal...
    Okay. Now that I am full of Turkey and exhausted... what are you guys going to do?
    Wake up from a food coma. Enjoy the relaxation in the mtns.

Oh, in game. I cast true sight, knowing detect evil would be useless. I want to see if there's anything here we don't see.
    OOC I start to think detect good would be more useful around here....

I'll wait and see what our host wants. He didn't attack us, he may wish to talk.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    thinks that this so-called "Strahd" is actually just undead Kivan in disguise. He has mind melded with Skie and possessed her. Turn Undead!!!

ahem...ok, so after some quiet alone time with Cernd i guess we've caught up...

perhaps we should investigate this music coming from the hallway to the south?
    You're right it's probably him.
    Alora sneaking up on Strahd "playing with his organ":

This discussion has been closed.