Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Well, you haven't seen it yet... :)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Edwin roll his eyes.

"Yes, our primary concern should really be his choice of decoration."

Looks scathingly at Skie.

"My only solace is to know that he will enjoy feasting on your worthless hide. I do hope to at least live long enough to watch."
    DM asks: "So, where to from here?"
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I'm not going to wait round for everyone to start being mean to me again. I am going back down the stairs and heading north then east because that's the way to the chapel I think.

I will don my Cloak of Elvenkind and do my best to move silently.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    *grabs Alora by her arm, gently, but firmly*

*whipsers to Alora*

Easy little one, no one will harm you, but I do hope your curiosity has been sated for some time. Keep a low profile as we move to our next destination. I'm sure your talents will save us from some future harm...
    Alora takes Kivan's advice and decides to wait for the others to quit complaining and get on with adventuring.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Must find Gertrude before she is... Is... We must save her, I will not abandon my childre- her here.
    Edwin smiles cruely at Keldorn and sniffs the air.

"Perhaps paladin you will wait until we are out of danger before lamenting your past failings."

So, everyone wants to do... what? Go find the chapel? Or go find Gertruda?
    The Chapel (so we can rest for a spell)
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Rest?! Rest, our wounds are not so bad that we need rest... Or they would not be if it wasn't for that Kender.
    Edwin waves his hand dismissively.

"Let us find the chapel, the girl is most likely dead or worse and therefore a waste of my efforts to find."
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    "Rest will be welcome lest we endanger ourselves. We need our life force back and it is advantageous to the group if Brawen can kindly memorize some lesser restoration spells."

OOC: All I can remember is Jaheria, Edwina and Minsc's lines on fatigue. I cant remember what Valygar say when he gets tired.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Yes, restoration would be good."
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    *acts all superior* IF the lot of you can stop getting hit by things once in a while it would be a great help, restorative spells are quite taxing to cast, you know! But i suppose i can put the needs of the group before my own, YET AGAIN. Hmph. By the way, I can only do 2 people as Tempus only wills me to have two 4th level spells so everyone has to be EXTRA nice to me!

If the halfling can restrain herself from causing more nuisance AND I can restrain myself from vigorously spanking her...*waits for the ghost of Kivan past to stop giggling*, she seems to think she knows the way to the chapel, so this shall be her chance to atone for placing us in danger.

*Casts "Bless" on the group just in case of any random encounters straight off, as we begin our search for the chapel*
    Okay, back downstairs it is. You go down 50 feet, back to the first floor. To the left is the room where you met Strahd. To the right is the Hexagonal room where the torches are still out, and the 20' wide main stairs go up.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

*waits for the ghost of Kivan past to stop giggling*

Kivan is alive you know.
    @LadyRhian Can I see anything in the hexagonal room?
    Not really. It's very dark. You do remember it was taller than 10' tall, though.
    edited December 2012
    Not even with infravision?
    trip-trapping back down the stairs...watching our elven ranger peer hopefully into the darkness to the right...standing at the foot of the main stairs, hammer at the ready in case some beastie comes roaring down them while our scouts make up their minds as to which way to proceed...
    The wizened old man said we need to go north then east to get to the chapel. Which way is that?
    Edwin grabs Alora by the arm and pulls her close to him. His eyes blaze as he meets her startled gaze.

"You will not make any more stupid mistakes as you did in the old mans room, do you understand? If you do it might lead to me making a mistake of my own and turning you into a bug during combat."
    Alora is shocked when Edwin shouts at her. She starts to cry. Sobs wrack her body, tears stream down her face and snot bubbles from her nose.

It is not a pretty sight.

I didn't mean to make a mistake. I was only trying to help. I want to go home!
    Edwin pushes the sobbing Halfling away from him.

"Enough of your blubbering! Must I be constantly surrounded by useless simpering fools? Your mistake nearly caused all our deaths, you will learn from it or you will die, it is that simple."

He sighs as he looks to the pitiful girl.

"I do not mean to be harsh with you, but you must take our danger seriously. This is no game we play here. You can rest assured that Strahd takes this very seriously, and will stop at nothing to see our deaths a reality."

Edwin helps Alora up.

"Now get up and whipe your nose, we have a chapel to find, and a monster to repay for our hurts."
    Alora's great whooping sobs slowly subside. She wipes her nose on her sleeve and stands there snuffling.

Then she remembers she still has a pocketful of cake and cheers up a bit ...
    Nope, not much is visible through infravision, either. No warm spots, in any case. The stone here is quite chilly, and the torches are all dead.
    Then we should advance with caution re-lighting torches as we go...
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Aerie gives Alora a squeeze on the shoulder as the group heads for the chapel. "Everyone will be all right in time, but please remember that Strahd is sneaky, very sneaky, and has put all kinds of nasty, dangerous things in this place. You must be sneakier and smarter than Strahd, so please don't touch anything unless you're sure it's safe to do so."

She approaches Branwen at the head of the group next. "Thanks to the wraiths, I've lost my ability to cast fourth level cleric spells. If you'd be gracious enough to restore my lost levels when you can, I can pray for restoration spells once more so we can get everyone back to peak condition."

She turns to Keldorn, "Gertruda seems not to be in immediate danger. We will find her and take her away from this awful place, but we must not rush headlong into the fray. We've just seen the pitfalls that come with rash action."
    Branwen nods in agreement at Aerie as she shifts uncomfortably at the open emotion displayed by Alora.
    "Of course, young elf, you shall be first in line, you have fought bravely and well and your reasoning makes good sense. It will appear we will require your wisdom in this place if we are to survive."
This discussion has been closed.