Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Xzar, now thoroughly engrossed in his "work", waves a hand irritably at Keldorn: "Yes, yes, companionship and so forth, very thoughtful".
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    edited December 2012
    "I thank thee for thy welcome cleric." After a deep bow he continues. "You have not heard of me then? The taverns of the Sword Coast and beyond are filled with rumours of my courage. I should know since I had to start them my self."

"Truth be told I try to let others hold the front line, but mayhaps I can aid you in doing so." Garrick cast strength on Branwen and as an afterthought he continues with ghost armor. He then picks up Aloras sword and slaps himself with the blunt side to make sure that the spell worked properly.
    "Ah, yes. Silke. There was an ... incident, that was SO NOT MY FAULT. Anyway, I had to leave town in a hurry and latched on to the first group of adventurers that came by. Thus ..." Looks in Xzar's direction and sighs. "Boy do I know how to pick them."
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    OOC Hi everyone I just want to say that I have been enjoying the quality of your role playing. If you don't mind a new face around here I would love to give this a try. I just fear my writing may not be of the same caliber. At any rate if it's okay I would love to que up as........ Boo!!!!! (and Minsc)
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    OOC: welcome, fenris! and at the rate we're going - 3 encounters, 2 deaths, i dare say you'll be joining us sooner rather than later...but the worry of an undead hamster if something goes wrong and Strahd gets his fangs on Boo...brrrr...i've got chills...and they're multiplying...
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2012

OOC: welcome, fenris! and at the rate we're going - 3 encounters, 2 deaths, i dare say you'll be joining us sooner rather than later...but the worry of an undead hamster if something goes wrong and Strahd gets his fangs on Boo...brrrr...i've got chills...and they're multiplying...

Minsc chimes in too add "Undead space* hamster!"
    Post edited by Fenris308 on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC If Strahd bites Boo he'll be cured of vampirism... FACT!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    OOC Good luck everyone. Apologies for leaving you all drained of levels. But what's a girl to do? She sees a rope, she's got to pull it.

I hope you get to Strahd before Ravenloft gets to you.
    ooc @rufus_hobart Multiplying chills, huh? That often leads to a loss of control.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    edited December 2012
    Garrick... Lady Skie? Mistress Silke... Dear... oh my. I know of this Bard, and if he's... You're not saying... Then she .. My Lady... *bowing* apologies most profusely.

I think... yes, I think I'll go sit down for a moment or two.

OOC Good luck everyone. Apologies for leaving you all drained of levels. But what's a girl to do? She sees a rope, she's got to pull it.

I hope you get to Strahd before Ravenloft gets to you.

OOC: Yeah, i'm sure Ravenloft won't win over this Paladin ...
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    OOC: Wait.. what? I had cast my healing spell before the battle had even happened.. ugh. I don't think it would have helped in the end, with poor Edwin.

Eyes the pair with some suspect. Cernd shrugs a little, when his companions loot their deceased companions. "Like scavengers, it seems. It is the way of the wilds, I suppose." Though he had a feeling that the deceased mage wouldn't care for his corpse to be riffled threw.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    "Well met to you both, though I fear this place will be about as hospitable to you as it has been to us. I am Aerie. Welcome to the party."
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    After everyone has finished looting the bodies and cutting off heads, you see the double doors to the east are closed. Yet you are sure this is the way to the chapel that Lief Lipseige told you about.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC I'll probably be away from the forum until monday. If we're attacked, assume I'll run to the defense of the nearest group member or the one in greatest danger, whichever I can reach.
    Okay, Minevese...
    walks over to the double doors, giving them an experimental tap with her hammer....
    "Thunk."
    hmmmm...nothing has happened yet...and they certainly sound solid enough to slam shut in something's face if it leaps out...*turns back to the party* newcomers! who wants to make themselves useful and open the door? *beams*
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Perhaps we should rest and fully recover before continuing on."
    edited December 2012
    LadyRhian said:

What Edwin and Alora had.

Edwin- P. Flying, Cloak of Protection +2, P. Polymorph Self, Scroll (Charm Person, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, P. Speed, Dagger +2, +3 vs. Creatures Larger than Man-Sized, Necklace of Missiles (p1x8, 2x6, 2x4, 4x2)

Alora- Dagger+1, +2 vs. Creatures Smaller than Man-Sized, Rope of Climbing, P. Healing, Sword +2, Bracers of Defense AC7, Boots of Speed.

Waste not, want not. Garrick collect Edwin's scrolls and keep them. Next he make sure that our crazy mage dons Edwin's cloak and necklace and also Alora's bracers. Aerie gets the p of polymorph self and he also hand over the p of plant control. Branwen gets the p of speed. The last dagger he give to Kivan with the words "We shouldn't leave such items behind for our enemies to find"

As he hand over the potions to Aerie, he bow deeply. "I fear I know very few songs in the elven speach. I hope you will enjoy them none the less".

Garrick looks around, but see that no-one else move. He sighs, open the door slightly and peek out, holding his wand ready.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    Cernd holds the figurine in his hand, ready to summon his trusty dog, if in case their new companion gets attacked, or mauled. Hopefully someone would be able to heal him, if the worst would come to pass. "Perhaps, but I think that it would be unwise to rest out, in the open. Hopefully the chapel can give us some sanctuary. What do you see, Garrick?" He asked, after addressing Skie.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC Actually, Alora and I traded some equipment at the very beginning. I have the bracers of AC 7. I forget what she received from me in trade.

IC Aerie smiles at Garrick. "I'm sure I will."
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: On the same note, I think I traded w/ Alora (or one of the female character) the ring of warmth. I want that back now if it's on Alora's body.

Ok, Valygar gets over his nausea and follows Cernd.
    The doors open onto a long, dusty passage. The passage continues on into darkness beyond the furthest reach of your lights...

@Evinfuilt

Alora would like to offer Keldorn her Ring of Regeneration for his Cloak of Elvenkind (and if he doesn't agree to the trade she will steal it off him and hide in it - though he will probably be able to find her by following the trail of candy wrappers)

I had to look back, poor alora did have my old cloak. I'm sure Skie would like it now.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Evinfuilt said:

@Evinfuilt

Alora would like to offer Keldorn her Ring of Regeneration for his Cloak of Elvenkind (and if he doesn't agree to the trade she will steal it off him and hide in it - though he will probably be able to find her by following the trail of candy wrappers)

I had to look back, poor alora did have my old cloak. I'm sure Skie would like it now.
    "Sure, my thanks Sir Keldorn. I think I am currently the one in our group that can make the best use of it."
    "Can anyone see any traps? If not then I vote that we proceed. My magical armor won't last forever, and we need to find a safe base. I think your experience is needed Keldorn. Should we send our scouts first or keep the group together?"
    edited December 2012
    Garrick also thank Cernd for his vigilance and informs him that he sees a long, dusty passage and that the passage continues on into darkness beyond the furthest reach of our lights.
This discussion has been closed.