Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Awong124 said:

"I seem to recall a quote from a famous philosopher by the name of Homer. He said, 'If at first you don't succeed, give up. You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.'"

Normally I think Keldorn would disagree, but not anymore. There's bound to be a way to replace the DM's rolls with a drinking bird that keeps hitting the kill Edwin button.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    edited December 2012
    Ooc: would save us all a bit of time wouldn't it?
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    OOC: Did we have enough time get all of our spells back? Or am I using my healingless spell reptiore right now?

Cernd thinks for a second and cast Call Woodland Being "Spirits of this land, help us take back what is your's."
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    @Myval I think this is soon after we sat down to rest. Not sure though.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    You did get to rest, yes.
    LadyRhian said:

You did get to rest, yes.

Oh, so I don't have to be mr grumpy pants. oh foo
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    If you got your spells back, some healing for Skie would be nice.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Branwen will take the ranger's advice - he's not just a pretty elven face after all! ;-) - and not-quite politely "borrow" Irina's talisman thingy and try to turn undead for the next round...
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    (Knoland) joins the party - (DM)can set my place this fight/story

lvl 6 Barbarian, (twohanded axe +1, chain mail, amulet protection.)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Knoland said:

(Knoland) joins the party - (DM)can set my place this fight/story

lvl 6 Barbarian, (twohanded axe +1, chain mail, amulet protection.)

It doesn't work that way. You have to choose an NPC from one of the BG games. And I think there are still people in line ahead of you, so LadyRhian can add you to the back of the list. Then your turn will come up when enough people die off.
    @Knoland As Awong124 said, this thread doesn't work that way. The characters are playing NPCs from the Baldur's Gate games. Those are the only characters allowed in these games. And yes, there is a waiting list to play. Quite a long one at the moment. I will add you to the list if you want to play a Baldur's Gate NPC.
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Sure add me to the list.. Is it possible to generate a few of these games? there are not very many in Role Play at the moment to join and from scrolling through the thread they take a very long time to play out? Seems reasonable if you have a wait list and (5) threads on this category that thread generation to distribute waiting players is most logical?
    Well, I'm the DM and I run one game at a time. They are sort of time-intensive, and I have a life, job, etc. So I feel I can only run one game at a time and do it justice. But if you want to take on a job as DM and start a thread here... by all means, go for it!
    Just waiting on @Communard, guys. If he hasn't shown up by the time I wake up tomorrow (make that later today), I will decide what Xzar does this round.
    edited December 2012
    @LadyRhian And we are all very grateful for it.

@Knoland Some of the NPCs are obviously taken. Pick one that you know well. You can still modify them slightly. My Garrick for example is stilll easy-going, but I opted to make him a bit more responsible than your avarage chaotic neutral. I'm also quite sure that Kivan isn't as horny in Bg as Awong124 played him ;)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: Newcomers should be encouraged to try out Dorn, Neera and Rassad. It will be fun to see some wild magic effect like cows dropping from the sky or Edwin ('s spirit) changes gender.

Valygar will be shooting more arrows.
    LOL. True!
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    bbear said:

OOC: Newcomers should be encouraged to try out Dorn, Neera and Rassad. It will be fun to see some wild magic effect like cows dropping from the sky or Edwin ('s spirit) changes gender.

OOC I would suggest against this given our honorable DM's disposition towards killing mages.
    @Fenris308 Say more that Mages are glass cannons. Yes, they can put out a ton of damage, but take it? Ha!
  • Fenris308Fenris308 Member Posts: 118
    LadyRhian said:

@Fenris308 Say more that Mages are glass cannons. Yes, they can put out a ton of damage, but take it? Ha!

Edwin should have Cast Greater Contingency "If LadyRhian posts on this forum I activate stone skin and improved invisibility"
    LOL! Part of what Doomed the party was just waiting around to see what turned up in response to Alora's pulling the rope before casting defensive spells. But, you know, just saying.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC Bahhh Challenge accepted... If I die you may put me back in the waiting list as Neera :)
  • CharlytanCharlytan Member Posts: 27
    bbear said:

lol, I actually thought about joining the list with Neera just for the wild mage aspect, but the list seems long and I still have stage fright. :x I hope someone does though.

Btw, great job guys. This campaign's just as entertaining as the rest. XD
    @Charlytan Go on and join the fun :)
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    @Charlytan You should try, it's quite fun. I'm sure we're going to lose a few more. as we are like 4 rooms in and have had 3 encounters that weren't easy, and we haven't seen Strahd yet, although he knows we are here... I'm actually surprised we got a chance to rest, but I suspect the DM of being a little bit nice to us in that regard.
    Charlytan said:

and I still have stage fright. :x I hope someone does though.

I hadn't done any RPing some my college days (pre-BG release) and I think it shows. Consistency damn it, I lack that. Well that and brevity, I think Keldorn should have been a man of lesser words. Few, poignant and would rather die than betray Torm.. Oh well, I guess this is someone else wearing Keldorns face.
    @Charlytan Don't worry, this is s a friendly group. Well, at least all but our GM's dices.

Well and properly jinxed, all super zombies stop what they do and home in on Garrick. #DontMessWithTheDices
    OOC Her dice just hate us. Mainly spellcasters in red ;)
    ooc @minevese Fishing for an agree badge?
This discussion has been closed.