Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "Quit your bellyaching, your magical armor lasts 9 hours."
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    As an AD&D player and fan since 1980, this is a real treat to "watch" a group play one of my all-time favorite modules. Thank you everyone, and an especially warm thank you to @LadyRhian for hosting it! You are all fantastic!
    Post edited by WabbitTwaks on
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    lockmund said:

"Can anyone see any traps? If not then I vote that we proceed. My magical armor won't last forever, and we need to find a safe base. I think your experience is needed Keldorn. Should we send our scouts first or keep the group together?"

Hmm, oh yes.. yes, I can head on now. Sorry, my mind is not where it normally is. Gertrude, I'm sorry that we must leave you to your fate for another night, but I will free you... no matter the cost.

We go on now, a Chapel is our best hope for safety, I pray only that is ... it won't be... but still. We go on now. Skie, find a nice shadow, they are common and please stay a head of us, looking out for traps. Please, do not light anything, pull anything or well, I should assume you know best. I was wrong about you, I am seemingly wrong about a lot. *stares at the blood on his hands and sword... not moving*

*Sigh*

"Fine."

Skie will hide in shadows and look for traps.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    seeing Skie scout off ahead down the dark corridor, Branwen approaches Keldorn...laying a hand gently up his armoured shoulder...
    "Please, Keldorn, do not do this to yourself, not here, not now. The gods know that we are not perfect, the hearts of mortal men harbour all kinds of emotions, both good and evil...'tis to be expected. You have led us well thus far, and we will stand behind you. There can be no better leader in a place such as this, but you must pray to Torm for guidance, he will forgive you any human errors for you are one of his blessed. So, i pray thee, lead us on, get not stuck in inertia dwelling on our past failings, for evil will simply laugh in our face if we allow this!"
    Thank you Branwen... I will do this, Torm will not let this chapel be our doom.
    "I have a feeling your gods have no place where we are going."
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @WabbitTwaks Thank you!

Statues line the walls of the 70' long corridor. The weight of the dust they carry says no one has used this passage in quite some time. The painted eyes seem to follow you as you pass in the hall. At the other end of the corridor, another set of closed double doors ends the passage. Skie finds no traps, and the statues seem to be just that... statues.
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    edited December 2012
    Garrick feels lucky, so he tries this door as well. He attempts to slide them open as silently as possible for a quick look at what is beyond.
    This room is mostly in darkness, but you can see that it is huge, about 50' east to west by over a 100' north and south at its widest point. Dim, colored light filters in through boarded-up windows of stained glass, throwing weak illumination into the ancient chapel of Ravenloft, Pews and benches lie about the floor in jumbled disarray, coated with centuries of dust, Beyond this debris, lit by a single, piercing shaft of light, an altar stands upon the platform. The light falls directly on a small statue. A figure is draped over the altar. This rooms seems as though nothing has disturbed it in centuries, and nothing ever could.
    Awong124 said:

ooc Ghost Armor doesn't last as long though.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    @lockmund: ghost armor lasts for 10 turns, which is about 1 game hour if my math is correct.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    shoots an evil look at Skie. "hush your mouth, child, and concentrate on not getting us killed. A person of no faith knows not of the mechanations of gods. "

seeing the brave bard creak open the doors....ha! at last, the chapel...perhaps here some of our prayers may be answered...stepping in, eyeing the figure draped over the altar, trying to be alert for any movement....
    @bbear I thought each turn was 10 min.
    @Lockmund It is. Which turns out to be about an hour and 40 minutes.
    Garrick approach the altar with a frown. "Is it safe to remove the drape Lady Skie?"
    @lockmund and LadyRhianLadyRhian

:blush: Yea...I thought a game round is 6 sec IRL. 10 turns is 10 min and 2 real time hours is 1 game day.
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    "The nectar is always sweeter when the butterfly itself, gathers it." He said softly, following behind the bard, the figurine still clutched in his hand. He entered cautiously after the bard, looking around. "How do we know this is still even a holy place? It has been in Strahd's clutches for a long time." He said, softly.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Xzar is at first uneasy about this place, but quickly cheers up once he sees the body on the altar. He skips over and prods it.

When Xzar prods the body, it collapses into a cloud of dust. You hear and jingle as something falls to the floor. In the light from above, you see it is a pendant of heavy silver or platinum, on an equally heavy chain.

Irina sees it and stops, looking hopeful. "The symbol...." she breathes.
    edited December 2012
    Garrick's face quickly change from confused about Cernd's butterfly metaphore, to worried as Xzar poke the corpse, to really worried (and a bit disgusted) as the body disintegrate and the jingle is heard, to surprised at Irina's reaction.

in the end, he decides that he got it right the first time and goes back to looking confused.
    lockmund said:

Awong124 said:

ooc Ghost Armor doesn't last as long though.
    Oh, I thought it was just the level 1 Armor spell.
    I wonder who that was...
    edited December 2012
    Garrick takes a closer look at the collier without touching it. "should we take some rest then? I'll take first watch. Will you join me Irina? Together we should be able to figure out what we just have found. I'll sing a lullaby for the rest of you in a while."

ooc If we rest I will memorise Armor, Color Spray, Magic Missile, Blur, Mirror Image and Invisibility 10'

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Xzar has a look of disappointment on his face. "Blast! How can I be expected to work when my samples turn to dust?"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC I'm back :) Glad to see we're still alive :)
    Irina bends down to pick up the Necklace and pendant. "This is what was keeping me safe at home," she says with mingled happiness and a touch of sadness. "I am glad we have recaotured it, but I already know it isn't enough to save me."
    "Let's rest for the night so we can get our energy back. We cannot win against Strald in our weaken states."
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The priests should rest first. We need their holy power to recover the life force stolen from us by the undead.
    Garrick will try to use the debris to wedge the doors. It won't hold for long, but will help him rest easier.

After that he starts a hymn to the Binder. It's a bit childish, but he sings it well, playing on a small harp. The song tells about how things got their names and quickly degenerate to a list of words that make every eyelid heavy.

After the song end, he tries to catch up on the party's history and have another look at the pendant. *Lore-check please*
This discussion has been closed.