Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Lady Branwen, I suggest you restore the wizard second. His arcane powers may be the difference between life and death in this place.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    it shall be as you say, young paladin. *Branwen flashes a smile at the earnest young man* your honour and concern for others is welcome...if we were in less peril I would seriously consider letting the red wizard rot along with this vampire whose power and riches he so blatantly craves, but I have seen his abilities and magics and fear that you are indeed correct, without him we would be in far more peril.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    As you move into the octagonal room and Kivan strikes a light into the nearest torch, you hear stone scraping on stone from overhead. You look up to see the eight Gargoyle carvings come to life and leap down on you.

Party is surprised.

Alora is landed on by one Gargoyle for 14, and clawed across the face by a second for another 8, taking 22 total. Kivan is smacked for 5, and Edwin is landed on, also for 14.

New levels and hit points- Keldorn Level 7, 70 hit points, Kivan, Level 8, 75 hp, Valygar Level 6, 66 hit points, Cernd Level 9, 65 hp, Ajantis Level 7, 63 hit points, Alora Level 5, 1 hit point, Branwen, Level 9 69 hp, Edwin Level 5, 7 hp, Aerie Level 6/7 26 hit points, Skie Level 5, 28 hp.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2012
    oh mother of Holy Tempus on a rickshaw!
    *seeing both Edwin and Alora in dire straits, she will finish cursing and try to cast HOLY SMITE to send these beasts back to the abyss...or, err...back on the wall where they belong...
    Post edited by rufus_hobart on
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    edited December 2012
    OOC: looks like alora and edwin are dead

Using his ninja skill, Valygar throws a pair of poisoned throwing daggers with his main hand at the gargoyle on top of Alora. They are aimed at the head of the gargoyle and Valygar hopes the daggers will hit its eyes and permanently blind it. Afterward, Valygar dashes toward Alora with the spear+3.

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2012
    I'm not dead yet!

If she gets initiative Alora will run back out of the room (Boots of Speed! Boots of Speed!) and if she gets away from the gargoyles she will then drink her Potion of Healing.
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    I'll try to defend the nearest party member.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Ooc: man monsters really hate Edwin.

IC: Edwin casts stone skin, if he can at this level...if not...well he is out of first level spells...how about umm...melfs acid arrow.

Edwin looks at Branwen his eyes ablaze.

"Help me woman, without my magic you will all be doomed here."
    @Delvarian No, he can only cast up to level 3 spells at 5th Level. 5 1st, 4 2nd and 3 3rd, is what he has/had left.
    ooc: Well I'm glad one of us is paying attention ;)
    :D So speaks the more than slightly squashed Edwin... ;)
    edited December 2012
    "Ahem Edwin, maybe you should do this: Mirror Image, follow by Haste, Slow, Melf's Minute Meteor, Glitterdust, then spam Melf's Acid Arrows."

"If you survive next round and manage to cast mirror image, I'll give you my spare potion of healing. Otherwise, I'll visit you in your grave site same day next year!"
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    OOC: I cast Cure light wound on Edwin, after the incident with the Wraiths. And Cure Serious wounds on Ajantis

Cernd mutters something about stones that shouldn't move, and then grabs the onyx dog figurine, figuring it might be useful in the situation, and activates it, tossing it towards where the mage and the thief was pinned.

• Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2012
    OOC: At least we can see, this would suck royally if it were still dark.

melee time (+2 scimitar) Preferably sticking to targets that others are hitting as well.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    None of you waste any heals on me at anytime that others still stand. This ring I wear (*regen*) will make sure I'm always as ready for battle as possible.

*Casts a pre-emptive dispel magic on the gargoyle as far from Edwin as possible, don't want to remove his protections, then move between the wizard and gargoyles, attacking the one closest to him*
    Edwin will do as Valygar suggests, even though its so typical BG mage. :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Skie will use her wand of magic missiles on the gargoyles.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Aerie casts improved invisibility on herself and then she'll start spamming single target offense spells. Melf's Acid Arrow, Flame Arrow, Magic Missile, etc.
    Okay. Simultaneous initiative. In order, then. Keldorn bulls his way over to where Edwin has been fallen upon. His Dispel on the Gargoyle doesn't affect it and the Gargoyle rips Edwin apart with claws, bite and buffeting wings. Edwin falls to -9 in a single round and preserves his streak of dying first in every adventure. Kivan turns and slashes a gargoyle, hurting it, but it is already on Keldorn, ripping and tearing. Keldorn is hit by both claws for 4, total, and takes 3 from a wing buffet, for 7 total. Valygar misses with both daggers, and another Gargoyle turns on Keldorn, biting his weapon hand for 8 (-1 to hit). Cernd touches Edwin, healing 1 damage. Valygar is wing-buffeted for 6. Ajantis hits the same Gargoyle Kivan hit and kills it. Alora is leapt on by a Gargoyle and ripped into a bloody mass (14 damage, leaving her at -13). Branwen casts Holy Smite, killing three Gargoyles and wounding the others. Aerie casts Invisibility on herself. Skie is ripped into by a Gargoyle, taking 9 damage, total, and she kills it with a hit from the magic missiles from her wand.

Next round, Party wins initiative.

@Lockmund, @Communard- I choose you! ;) Going off to prepare now.
    New levels and hit points- Keldorn Level 7, 55 hit points, Kivan, Level 8, 75 hp, Valygar Level 6, 60 hit points, Cernd Level 9, 65 hp, Ajantis Level 7, 63 hit points, Alora Level 5, dead, Branwen, Level 9 69 hp, Edwin Level 5, dead, Aerie Level 6/7 26 hit points, Skie Level 5, 19 hp.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    These beasts have removed those most foul and unworthy, only the righteous will stand and fight on. Torm, guide my blade as I slay what remains here. Foul beings, attack me!!

OOC: well, at least they weren't hasted or anything... What type of regen does my ring provide? I'm assuming its not much, but maybe I gain a HP back soon? Oh, I'll aim for the gargoyle that hurt my hand.
    Ok. I'll go on trying to protect anyone who seems to be in trouble.
    Same here. I'll protect the party members with the fewest hp.

OOC: What are the equipments left by Edwin and Alora's bodies? Did Alora use up the potion before she meet her misery?
    edited December 2012
    ooc: I win! Lol
    Can I come back as Xan or Xzar?
    Post edited by Delvarian on
    @Delvarian Sure! I'll stick you back on the list. We already have a Xzar, though.
    Ooc: Great! Xan it is, I'll be keeping an eye on here until I get back.
    Okay, new Heroes coming through...

Garrick- Level 7 Bard S14, D16, C9, I13, W14, Ch15 Hit Points 42 (The ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything!) Magic Item Cache- Robe of Blending, P. Plant Control, Bow +1, 12 +1 Arrows, Wand of Wonder (93 ch), Mace +1, Dust of Disappearance (7)

Xzar- Level 6 Necromancer S14 D16 C10 I17, W16, Ch 10 Hit Points 24 Magic Item Cache- Cloak of Protection +1, Scroll (Flesh to Stone, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Luck, Continual Light, Strength, Otto's Irresistable Dance), Ring of Water Walking, Mace +2, Staff +2, Ring of Spell Turning, Periapt of Proof Against Poison, Sword +1, Ring Mail +1, Scarab of Protection (+1 to all Saves).

They will come in when combat is over.
    What Edwin and Alora had.

Edwin- P. Flying, Cloak of Protection +2, P. Polymorph Self, Scroll (Charm Person, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, P. Speed, Dagger +2, +3 vs. Creatures Larger than Man-Sized, Necklace of Missiles (1x8, 2x6, 2x4, 4x2)

Alora- Dagger+1, +2 vs. Creatures Smaller than Man-Sized, Rope of Climbing, P. Healing, Sword +2, Bracers of Defense AC7, Boots of Speed.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora also had a pocketful of cake .

Her dying words were: "It wasn't my fault!"
    edited December 2012
    Yoink, I claim the potion of flying. Edwin couldve saved his ass against the wraiths had he flied away from the soul sapping claws.

Edit: I think this party can make a fortunate simply from the loots of dead party members. Life is very cheap.
This discussion has been closed.