Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "My thanks, Branwen."
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited December 2012
    OOC: Sorry for my absence everyone, a colleague at work suddenly went off sick and I was called upon to do double shifts the last couple days, so I've had virtually no free time. Won't happen again. I also realised I never actually posted the list of spells I wrote down >.< oops. I'll post the revised list:
    Level 3: Hold Undead (used), Skull Trap, Ghost Armour
    Level 2: Horror (2), Acid Arrow (Used)
    Level 1: Magic Missile (3), Larloch's Minor Drain (2)
    I think that has the right numbers, trying to go for a necromancy-heavy theme obviously :P
    Myval said:

Cernd shakes his head, "Fickle forest spirits." He mutters softly. He goes over to Keldorn, and casts Cure serious wounds, and glanced to the strange, and rather disturbed mage. "Why do you hover, like a vulture waiting for it's next scrap?" He asked the strange mage.

Xzar looks confused: "Hover? I tried that once, but it turns out that removing wings is a lot easier than attaching them. Most frustrating..."
    Evinfuilt said:

Xzar, come here and stay with us inside the area with Garrick. If you would like, we can talk of dead things and bodies rotting. I have seen many atrocities and maybe the story of how I removed an eye from a beholder would intrigue you and help you settle down to sleep.

*Xzar once again speaks in his faux-noble accent for Keldorn* "Ahh! A kindred spirit! I would be honoured to be regaled with such a fine tale!" *Xzar twitches, suddenly shifts in body language and his voice becomes childlike* "I wanna STORY!" *He twitches again and seems to return to "normal"*
    Post edited by Communard on
  • lockmundlockmund Member Posts: 354
    edited December 2012
    Evinfuilt said:

OOC: I feel so weird typing that "Garrick, you are a genius"

OOC Yes, I guess this is a case of bad roleplaying, I let my own personality shine through. ;)

On the subject of non-spoonyness. Can we please cast some healing spells. It will get confusing otherwise since we are in a pending invisible state.

Once the spells are cast and the songs are sung. Garrick joins Keldorn on the first shift and starts to plan ahead. "I vote that we try to save that girl next. Our priests can't restore what they can't see and it would be a waste not to use the invisibility better." It turns out that he was only speaking to Edwin's ghost. Being invisible can be confusing.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    As you rest through the day, you become aware of increased activity in the castle. Not long after sundown, two men and a woman come into the room. Their skin is pale and their eyes, red. Garrick's spell has since worn off... When they see you, their eyes light up (even more so) and they begin to run towards you...
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    So this is it... They have finally come. *charges to meet the three head on and attempt to knock them down* it has been good fighting along side some of you, but my fate lays beyond my sight now
    Skie starts shooting arrows.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Branwen stops her snoring and follows Keldorn's lead, charging in and swinging her hammer, roaring to Tempus to aid her as she does so.
    ooc We rested for HOW long? Invisibility last 24h. Never mind. may we assume that we were healed since I was waiting for such spells to be cast? Also, I have asked for a lore check on the amulet and the statue.

Garrick picks up his harp and start to sing. It's a merry creation of his own. Alas, the rhymes are not very good.
    "Now sit by the fire and sip from thy winecups
    and I will regale here a story from far.
    It tells of a young lad that seek love and kisses
    but first must endure a fate that is har'. "
  • MyvalMyval Member Posts: 127
    Cernd shakes his head at the bizzare mage. But he realized that they might need his strange.. fascination, if it would get them threw the night. When they rest, he cast his remaining cure light wound.. on Skie.

Cernd, frowns, at the creatures, who charged towards the group. Cernd Casts Insect Plague on the creatures, hoping to add to some confusion.
    edited December 2012
    "You're the finest group of friends I've ever had!"

Most of you have probably never had Skie in your party, but that's one of the things she says. I'm using her in my current playthrough and I actually quite like her.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    "Vampires, DIEEE!! You will never enslave us!" Valygar drinks the Red Bull (potion of flying) from Alora's remains. A pair of angel wings span and spread across the back shoulder of the ranger. Valygar takes flight and charges at the left flank with the Spear+3.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll step in front of the group and prepare for reçeiving the charge of the vampires.
    Need to hear from @Communard, @Jhart1018 and @FightingFerret. Also, to find out who else Aerie fixed of their Level drain.

Current levels and hit points- Keldorn, Level 7, 91 hit points, Kivan, Level 8, 75 hp, Valygar, Level 6, 36 hit points, Cernd Level 9, 65 hp, Ajantis Level 7, 63 hit points, Branwen, Level 9 69 hp, Aerie, Level 8/8 40 hit points, Skie Level 9, 56 hit points, Garrick, Level 7, 24 hit points, Xzar Level 6, 24 hit points.

Keldorn, Valygar, and Ajantis have all lost levels.
    Lore- Garrick is unfamilliar with the lore of this strange land. His searches through his memory come up empty (you're gonna need identify for these).
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    "Eek!"
    Xzar casts Ghost Armour
    OOC Thanks LadyRhian, sorry if I'm a bit pushy at times. It looks rather whiny when I read my comments afterwards.
    ::Waves her wand and makes the double post... disappear! POOF!::
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    *melee dual wielding scimitar +2 and dagger +2*

Concentrate my attacks with others if/when possible.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Someone needs to heal Valygar. Otherwise, looks like he'll join Edwin and Alora...
    bbear said:

Someone needs to heal Valygar. Otherwise, looks like he'll join Edwin and Alora...

The same goes for Garrick. This is why he was waiting to cast that invisibility. Aerie and Branwen had a lot of unused healing spells left before we rested, but I understand that LadyRhian wanted to move things ahead. I also think Ajantis had his lay on hands left.
  • katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    Excellent...looks like Shar-Teel might be joining the party soon. 'Bout time some competent non-male leadership showed up anyhow.
  • Darth_SkippyDarth_Skippy Member Posts: 37
    Maybe Montaron will hit, but that might require a death or six...
    Okay, just waiting on @Jhart1018 now, to find out who Aerie restored and what she wants to do.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Would have viconia at least as a companion, since most of the others suck, would take edwin in his female form just so he'd be hit on by every drunken sailor, guess I'll play as kahlid so he'd develop a backbone
    @Toshiro Is that a request to join the list to be in the game?
    ooc Get away you filthy vermin. We're not dead yet!

One of the vampires thought I was talking to her and run from the room crying.
    edited December 2012
    OOC jhart1018 said in her last post that she had exams coming up. Of course we should still wait a bit longer though.
    @Lockmund Oh, okay... Maybe I should choose for her this once...
    I vote that we wait a little longer, but we should ask jhart1018 if she wants you to step in as needed in the near future.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I vote that we murder the character and bring back Edwin Mwahaha!
This discussion has been closed.