Skip to content

Roleplaying Challenge: Ravenloft

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    When you opened the letter, it said,

Hail to thee of might and valor!

I, a lowly servant of the township of Barovia, send honor to thee. We plead for thy so very desperately needed help within our community.
    The love of my life, Irina Kolyana, has been afflicted with an evil so deadly that even the good people of our town cannot protect her. She languishes from her wound and I would have her saved from this menace.
    There is much wealth in this community. I offer all that might be had to thee and thy fellows if thou shalt but answer my desperate plea.
    Come quickly, for her time is at hand! All that I have shall be thine!

Kolyan Indirovitch
    Burgomeister
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    A Lady in distress! What are we waiting for? We should go immediately!
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Evinfuilt said:

*picks up the letter*
    Interesting, we are here for a reason after all. He wants to meet us in the light, and that is truly a good sign for a land so dark as this. I will stick with the local beer tonight, there will be no sleep for me in this Tavern. The rest of you can get rest if you wish, though if one of our more silent types is willing to stay awake with me *looks towards Skie* then I will feel more comfortable.

Young lady, you are about the age of my eldest daughter, come sit with me and tell me how you came into this life. Was your father unable to find you a suitable husband, or were you unjustly left on the streets. I feel poorly for those whose parents abandon them to such a difficult life.

"Hmph! I will have you know that my father is, or was, the Grand Duke of Baldur's Gate! And he was killed by assassins, I will have to thank you for opening up an old wound. Not that it's any of your business, but I am currently on the run from the same assassins that killed my father.

I will also have you know that I can have suitors lined up to the city gates if I were so inclined, but I haven't met anybody good enough for one of noble standing such as myself.

As for not being able to sleep, speak for yourself. A girl needs her beauty rest, I wouldn't want bags under my eyes, that eye cream I like so much is just impossible to come by out here in the sticks. Ta ta."

*Walks off to bed.*
    Does anyone know where out here is? It doesn't look like the same place we were before that fog...
    You do not remember how long you have been riding. Only that the trees and the fog and the darkness seem endless. Pools of stagnant black water lie beside the road. Far ahead, you see something silhouetted in the darkness. And after an eternity of riding, you see that they are massive gates of black iron, flanked by stone bulwarks at either side. Each stone monolith bears the image of an armed figure wearing robes. Their heads, however, are broken off, and lie in the weeds at the base of the stones. Dew has collected on the rusted iron gates, the stones, and the heads on the ground, the faces appearing to weep. As you get closer to the gates, they open by themselves with the scrape of rusting iron, until they stand completely open, as if inviting you to enter...
    edited November 2012
    I'll keep my hand over my sword, just in case I need to draw it quickly.

"This gate has a sense of evil about it."
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    edited November 2012
    It is sad, that poor child. Now I feel I must save this mans wife and young Skie. She should not have to live this life, Ajantis watch over her for me, I'm afraid she may act rash.

*seeing the gates open*

This is a bit too inviting, we must know if evil abounds *casts first Detect Evil of the Day*

OOC: anyone else afraid of @Awong124 sparring verbally with me again... oh dear
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    @bbear

bah! those who have a heart full of devotion to their gods have no fear! *suspicious look at the ranger* has a cowardly chicken stolen the heart of a lion that should be in your place?

*peers over Keldorn's shoulder to glimpse at the missive* a defenceless soul infected with evil? this must not be, we have a duty to attend.

Stalks off to her chambers to prepare her rituals, praying over her hammer, and annointing her chainmail with fresh blood, praying to Tempus for her spells...surreptitiously praying for 2 remove fear spells in place of an armor of faith and a bless spell (if GOD...errrr DM allows) ;-)
    OOC Yes Master Obi-Wan :)

IC

Sure, Lord Keldorn. I'll protect the young one with my life.
    Eyes grow wide, seeing the forboding surroundings, and the gates swinging open of the own accord..."foul magics are at play here, I'm sure of it. Stay close, everyone, we can not afford to be seperated here." *My finger slowly gripping the handle of my warhammer*
    OOC Are we going 2nd edition rules or BG, if BG I'll cast protection from evil on every frontliner...
    OOC: BG for now. And okay. :)
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Disgusting, I feel I need to wash my hands. This whole land is evil, not that evil is here but as if the land itself is evil. It hurts my eyes. I won't be doing this again without much reason. Can one of our little thieves get to work and see if the path is clear.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    OOC: I never played bg, is there noticeable difference btw bg and bg2
    OOC I can't think of anything that would be a problem here. Mostly spell durations and some effects.
    DM: As it is, it mostly won't affect play out here. But later on... It's mostly roleplay here, as opposed to dice-rolling.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    This is all pretty scary. I think there might be lions and tigers and bears.
    Oh my!
    edited November 2012
    Alora dons her Cloak of Elvenkind and goes ahead of the party to check for traps. She might be invisible but anything hiding in the bushes will probably be able to hear her knees knocking together and her teeth chattering.
    You find nothing. No traps, no monsters waiting to leap out at you... nothing.
    It's okay everybody! It's not a trap! There's nothing here that can hurt us!
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180

@Permidion_Stark: Dont worry Alora, bears I befriended are be cute and cuddly.

edited November 2012
    bbear said:

@Permidion_Stark: Dont worry Alora, bears I befriended are be cute and cuddly.

You mean there are bears? Run away everybody! There are bears!

Once Alora has realised there are no bears chasing her she will go back through the gates and see what is on the other side.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @ladyrhian can you please tell me how many thief points I can attribute, and the base points?
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    I'll check for tracks. to see what type of beings have had reason to pass this way recently.

I'll check for tracks. to see what type of beings have had reason to pass this way recently.

I bet it's bears.
    @Awong124 60 points for first level +30 for each level thereafter.
    *watching the little halfling scamper about, relaxing slightly as nothing bursts from the bushes...seeing the elf start checking for any tracks, I venture closer to the stone heads, repressing a shudder as closer inspection reveals they seem like they are weeping...something awfully ominous about figures encased in stone that sends a chill to my heart...*
This discussion has been closed.