14567810»

Comments

• MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Thank you
  • WeepyDevilWeepyDevil Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2022
    hmm
    my install seems busted
    been playing a bit, and went up to the third foor of the inn, and shit seems wonky
    talking to wizard dude, I don't get the followup to go "hey nice statue". I can pickpocket his scroll of StF (or use one from elsewhere) to unpetrify verr'sza, at which point wizard dude becomes hostile, but after the fight verr'sza just goes
    hixbvnchw0nw.png
    on loop. I think this is supposed to be his opneing line, and the following ones aren't loading, or something?

what steps should I take to try and figure out whats causing this? not super familiar with BG modding
    is there a way to bruteforce my way pass this via console commands? not super interested in reinstalling or repalying things
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    I don't get the followup to go "hey nice statue"
    What do you mean by that? Like the dialogue ends? Or that you don't have other answers? (there are some stat/class checks there if you mean that you don't get some reply you remember you had on your previous games)
    on loop. I think this is supposed to be his opneing line, and the following ones aren't loading, or something?
    Do you mean that the dialogue ends when you click continue?

It looks like your other party members try to interject but they can't for some reason. You can try getting them closer or kicking them out for that dialogue. Ideally, one by one to see which one is having that problem.

Also, did you have any NPCs interject in the first talk?
    I checked it on BG1EE and BG1EE+SoD and it looks fine. Perhaps it's the wrong installation order with EET? I am not an expert in EET stuff, but I think Verr should be installed on BG1EE before you actually install EET? But I'm not exactly sure.
  • WeepyDevilWeepyDevil Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2022
    What do you mean by that? Like the dialogue ends? Or that you don't have other answers? (there are some stat/class checks there if you mean that you don't get some reply you remember you had on your previous games)
    Cronius goes "What-I mean, Hello, it's *so* nice to see you. This is my room. I paid for it, and told the innkeeper that I would appreciate some privacy", I press continue, dialogue ends. I'm a smarty wizard same as the playthrough that i had to restart, so its wierd i'm not meeting the stat/class chacks to be able to point out "I recognize a patrified person" like I did last time.
    Do you mean that the dialogue ends when you click continue?
    Dialogue ends, then in a couple seconds he says it again, and this repeats endlessly. Only way I can find to make him stop is, lol, to kill him.
    It looks like your other party members try to interject but they can't for some reason. You can try getting them closer or kicking them out for that dialogue. Ideally, one by one to see which one is having that problem.

Also, did you have any NPCs interject in the first talk?
    Ah, I should have tried that. No, I don't recall them trying to interject.

Edit: this did it. Thanks.

Edit Edit: It was Jaheira lol. It works fine if she's on the same floor as me, she has an interjection for Cronius (listen to him about his room), and an interjection for unfreezing Verr'sza (look out dawg its a rakshasha).
    edited June 2022
    But as I said, it looks like it may be wrong installation order as clearly all interjections just don't work so you will get more of these bugs. I don't know how to help with EET problems and that's clearly that.
    Edit: or maybe it's just the fact she's on the other area... You'll just need to observe if other talks fire correctly
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    I checked it on BG1EE and BG1EE+SoD and it looks fine. Perhaps it's the wrong installation order with EET? I am not an expert in EET stuff, but I think Verr should be installed on BG1EE before you actually install EET? But I'm not exactly sure.
    Indeed, EET compatibility list says to install Verr'Sza BG1 first in BGEE before installing EET mod on BG2 and then Verr'Sza on BG2.

https://k4thos.github.io/EET-Compatibility-List/EET-Compatibility-List.html
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    Yeah I had the same issue. You have to install BG1 Verr before EET or it just completely breaks sadly. Works fine in EET if you do that.
  • PeterBazookaPeterBazooka Member Posts: 9
    I started a new game of BG with a fresh install with the latest version of Verr'Sza and his class description looks like this
    urq7bflk92qo.jpg

It's also present in his biography
    p32m9c3g6vwc.jpg

And in the chainmail of transgression
    jr53o3uvx46z.jpg

It may also be an issue in other items added by the mod but I haven't gotten far enough to see yet. It's not a big deal since everything seems to be working fine though.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    @PeterBazooka this looks like string format errors. Please post the contents of your weidu-log and also tell which game and game version you are on.
    @jastey @PeterBazooka
    I think that upon some change that tra's coding got magically changed from UTF-8 to ANSI... will fix it when I've got a moment. Call it mice magic, it will get fixed soon, though, most likely this week.
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    I started a new game of BG with a fresh install with the latest version of Verr'Sza and his class description looks like this
    urq7bflk92qo.jpg

It's also present in his biography
    p32m9c3g6vwc.jpg

And in the chainmail of transgression
    jr53o3uvx46z.jpg

It may also be an issue in other items added by the mod but I haven't gotten far enough to see yet. It's not a big deal since everything seems to be working fine though.

Off-topic, but... cool portraits! Is it another mod, or your own efforts?
    @LavaDelVortel With the newer versions of Notepad++ - or with Windows10, I don't know - I have the problem that my tras "switch" from ANSI to utf8 under certain conditions*. I understand how it happens, but it's annoying as hell and wasn't in earlier versions (on Windows7) afaik.

*If the tra is English and without symbols only, then Notepad++ recognizes it as utf8 no matter what I chose, even if I explicitly save it as ANSI. If I start translating to German (with symbols) then, it remains in utf8.
    I think there needs to be any UTF-8 symbol for the program to recognize it's UTF-8, if there are no special symbols (including those specific for languages like German Ü or, Polish ą, ę, ó, et cetera) then it will simply be seen as ANSI, but that's ok, as if there are no such symbols there, only Latin symbols, then ANSI is ok. It's the special symbols that mess things up.

Anyway, v6.01 is available. Enjoy.
    edited August 2023
    Off-topic, but... cool portraits! Is it another mod, or your own efforts?
    Look over there : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/87052/portraits-neural-faces-of-baldurs-gate-v1-yet-another-portrait-replacer-ee-sod-npcs-included
    Anyway, v6.01 is available. Enjoy.
    Awesome ! Thank you :)
    @LavaDelVortel that's what happened for my Notepad++, it just recognizes all files without special symbols as utf8, and when I then inserted German ü.ö. etc it still saved the files as utf8, while I was thinking its format would be ANSI because I saved the (symbol free) file as "ANSI" before which Notepad++ ignored.
    Thanks for the update.
  • Leliana93Leliana93 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2023
    nimlrygk49pm.png

For some reason I keep getting this
    I put the zip into the steam C: under the steamapps/common/baldurs gate enhanced edition location, go through the .exe and install everything (1/2 mods the other being dragonspear ui++ however without this mod it still has issues)
    Uninstalled everything, deleted both mods, reinstalled verr'sza alone, start a new game to go back to the inn and am still getting this (the wizard was bugged too as well?
    @Leliana93 please post your weidu.log contents here.
    Are you using BG with SoD? If yes, did you install DLC Merger first?
    edited September 2023
    @jastey DLC merger? is this new cause I never did that when I downloaded the mod in 2018 (or maybe I forgot I did....?)

Also I believe I'm using BG with SOD since I have the dlc?

*edit* ah okay I did download modmerge back in 2018, the version of the game I played on an older laptop has that in my files, so that might be where things are going wrong.
    edited September 2023
    @jastey

Alright here's the WeiDU.log
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #8 // Select Number of Quicksave Slots -> 5: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #10 // Update portrait Picker: 22.01.3
    ~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #11 // Fix Blurry Portraits: 22.01.3
    ~VERRSZA/VERRSZA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Verr'Sza - the rakshasa NPC for BG1EE: 6.01

I've now downloaded the DLC merger and I'm now getting invalids after putting sod-dlc under archive for dlc merger mod prompt, fixed the invalid issue through downloading bubb-fix-dlc but verr'sza is still having the same problems as before??
    2vyq7hlzhbhd.png
    wsh6dxz5xs7i.png
    Hi!

You need to install DLC Merger or modmerge before any mod (if you are playing with SoD). Also, if you installed it long time ago, and the game itself got updated, then much of the mod content could be reverted and you ended up with a mix of stuff.

Furthermore, you shouldn't use savegames from other runs.
    edited September 2023
    @LavaDelVortel Oh! to specify I've freshly downloaded everything as of today, I just used the mod back in 2018 on another computer (not the same) but unlike the last time I downloaded it (in 2018), the new version seems to be giving me trouble despite using the latest versions of everything I've installed. Verr'sza is still throwing up the same text as in the picture (even after starting a new game) and I posted under the spoilers what my file setup looks like as I am trying to provide as much info as possible as to why nothing is working is all
    Leliana93 wrote: »
    I posted under the spoilers what my file setup looks like as I am trying to provide as much info as possible as to why nothing is working is all
    DLC Merger doesn't appear in your weidu log. It should be the FIRST mod installed before any others.
    You can't install it afterwards, so you will need to mod again from a clean unmodded BGEE folder.
    edited September 2023
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Leliana93 wrote: »
    I posted under the spoilers what my file setup looks like as I am trying to provide as much info as possible as to why nothing is working is all
    DLC Merger doesn't appear in your weidu log. It should be the FIRST mod installed before any others.
    You can't install it afterwards, so you will need to mod again from a clean unmodded BGEE folder.

that's weird because I did install it first, so that's why I'm wondering if I did something wrong in regards to the installation process, I figured WeiDU only registered the content not that

also thank you for being patient, I never had this much of a struggle in regards to mods before
    And are you using previous savegame after you reinstalled everthing? If so, then the start a new game, rush to the Friendly Arm, as you current savegame may be using wrong string refferences.
    edited September 2023
    @LavaDelVortel

No, it's a new save, everytime I do a full sweep of the entire thing (uninstalling, deleting everything left behind from mods, reinstalling everything (game+mod)) I create a new game/character/etc and go to the friendly inn from the beginning, but for some reason the mod merge isn't being recognized in WeiDU.log despite inputting sod-dlc for archive prompt (from the dlc/sod-dlc.zip file) for workshop .mod file.

I have SoD mod already installed because steam seems to automatically install with every reinstall (even tested by making a new game in it)

jubp49w168rt.png

this is what I mean for reference

this is the WeiDU log after inputting that and having a successful download

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    When installing the first mod after the full reinstall the game asks you on which languague you want to install the mod. (not the mod languague but WeiDU ask you what game version you're going to use) -- are you using that specific language? Because mod lines are added only to that specific language.

Sorry, I don't have more ideas why wouldn't it work on your PC.
    edited September 2023
    @Leliana93 Your screenshot shows the DLC Builder, not the DLC Merger. You need the DLC Merger.
    Builder is like the opposite.

EDIT: Link: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305/mod-dlc-merger-merge-steam-gog-sod-dlc-or-custom-dlcs-with-the-main-game/p1
    @Leliana93 because you asked, some background for why the DLC Merger is needed: It's only needed for installing mods to BG:SoD from GOG or Steam because of how the expansion is added to the game. If you have BG:SoD from BeamDog or are using only BG:EE without SoD, it's not needed.
    @jastey ah....that explains everything haha, I didn't realize the dlc merger was in the title so I only noticed dlc builder and modmerge, no wonder my game wasn't working!! it's finally working now thank you for double checking that, I really really appreciate it :D