Skip to content

[MOD] Verr'Sza NPC (for BGEE and SoD)

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Thanks to @AionZ the mod is now updated to v5.3. SoD banters should work better and Akeriash situation should also be solved.
    RaduzielZaghoulGusindaMirandel
  • xSethrinxSethrin Member Posts: 1
    Loving the mod so far. I have a question though, if I romance him will I be locked out of vanilla romances?
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Thanks, love this mod. Also love the fact both genders can romance him :)
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    I'm having a wee issue. I can't find him in BG1. I've checked every single room in the friendly arm inn and he's nowhere to be found. xD

I know I probably missed something but where is he exactly?
    Check area AR2303. Coordinates:
    CreateCreature("L#1VERR1",[1085.869],SW)
    CreateCreature("L#1MVS",[1056.930],NW)

Use "X" when in game to check the area code and mouse coordinates.
    edited April 2020
    hm yeah no one's in that room. Probably a mod conflict on my end. But when I use the codes I get the unexpected symbol near '[' error.

Oh I'm playing on EET if that helps.

Weird thing is I find his BG2 version just fine so I'm not sure what the issue is.
    Post edited by Ryz009 on
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2020
    You can use just:
    CreateCreature("L#1VERR1")
    CreateCreature("L#1MVS")

It won't create them in the room that they should be in, but they should appear not far from your Charname.
    Ryz009
    You can use just:
    CreateCreature("L#1MVS")

It won't create them in the room that they should be in, but they should appear not far from your Charname.

Hm odd tried to use that and got the error again. Guessing it's an EET problem. Oh well.
    Well, I play EET now, though I am way past that point and already deep in SOA, but I'm still able to create the wizard using the second command without error (Verr won't appear though). So maybe your installation is botched.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited April 2020
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    You can use just:
    CreateCreature("L#1MVS")

Hm odd tried to use that and got the error again. Guessing it's an EET problem. Oh well.

Just to make sure: in the cheat command line, you need to put
    C:
    before the cheat command. So it would be:
    C:CreateCreature("L#1VERR1")
    lolienRyz009
    jastey wrote: »
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    You can use just:
    CreateCreature("L#1MVS")

Just to make sure: in the cheat command line, you need to put
    C:
    before the cheat command. So it would be:
    C:CreateCreature("L#1VERR1")

Oh that worked! I feel so derpy. Thanks!
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    ​Verr'sza Naztharune Ranger kit @LavaDelVortel
    • Kit description says
      - Gains a +5% bonus to Stealth at 1st level with an additional +5% at 7th, 14th and 21st level.
      However, Stealth isn't a skill in BG1/BG2. More correct way of expressing this would be
      - Gains a +5% bonus to Hide in Shadows and Move Silently at 1st level with an additional +5% at 7th, 14th and 21st level.
    • At 3rd level it appears that a +10% bonus to set snare is already given (total of 60% set snares), though the description suggests it should only be a 50% bonus until level 6 (currently a 70% bonus)
    • There is a HLA with the Invisibility Icon and description that is missing a name. I believe this is L1HAN4.spl and is probably intended to be some sort of greater claws HLA, but is missing the description and icon file jng3oqk863zm.jpg
    • The rest of the integration with Refinements HLA is seamless.

Further investigation is that L1HAN4.spl is the HLA ability that gives the Nalthazune Ranger kit the Vorpal Claws HLA (L1HAN3.spl). the SAY NAME and SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC should also be applied to L1HAN4.spl. You also need to reference the same spell icon .bam file that L1HAN3.spl uses to make the graphics line up.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @LavaDelVortel
    Reminding you of what Caedwyr said yesterday.
    Allanon81
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Look we do read posts and pay attention to issues even if we don’t comment. I take care of the kit-related stuff since I made it, not Lava, and I can say the HLA issue is one I did not encounter when designing the kit so it’s likely a mod compatibility issue. Between that and the fact that it isn’t a game breaking bug sometimes we aren’t able to just fix it immediately. Please don’t post every other day on issues we are very well aware of.
    jasteyLavaDelVortelCahir
    I just finished a playthrough of BG1 with my games bookclub and here are the thoughts on Verr'Sza

Verr'Sza NPC: Cool NPC and one that I will definitely take for an evil playthrough. Good to have for a little sidequest and texture to the world even if you aren't planning on taking him. Verr'Sza was one of the characters that has inspired a bookclub member to consider doing an evil playthrough of the game because it looked like a lot of fun interacting with him and some of the other evil characters.
    LavaDelVortelxiaoleiwen
    Thanks! Remember he's also available for SoD and BG2EE :) So if you're planning to continue your adventure, he'll be eager to join.
    @Caedwyr I've kept him for my mega-install good good playthrough and he was really fun for a good party as well :-)
    LavaDelVortelCaedwyr
  • velixsiolvelixsiol Member Posts: 2
    In Verr'sza's initial conversation he appears to be loading text from another part of the game.
    If something like that happens, there is a huge chance your game text file is messed up. There is no such text in this mod. Also, if such things happen, you may expect similar problems with other mods. Can't tell more without more specific information. I can only guess you installed the mod on a different language than the one you're using in the game, or that the game got updated and original text replaced mod text or, if you're using EET, you installed in some wrong order, but I can't help you with that as I myself do not use EET. Perhaps some other user can help with that.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @velixsiol
    I got odd text when I didn't use DLCMerger as my first installed mod.
    Hey! :) Well, because I mostly do not believe that every single rakshasa ever has exactly the same alignment. I know it's against lorebooks, but I always thought Verr is way more chaotic and he does not work with other rakshasas. But yeah, I know it's against some descriptions and that wasn't an easy decision to make. I have decided that what he is like should have priority.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Hey! :) Well, because I mostly do not believe that every single rakshasa ever has exactly the same alignment. I know it's against lorebooks, but I always thought Verr is way more chaotic and he does not work with other rakshasas. But yeah, I know it's against some descriptions and that wasn't an easy decision to make. I have decided that what he is like should have priority.

Just so you know, that was a spambot you were replying to. It had copy/pasted something Argent77 had said earlier in this thread and then edited its post later to include spam. I have banned it.
    Oh, well! Sometimes it's good to talk with a robot that is just as dead inside as I am! <3
    (jokes aside, thanks for letting me know, @Tresset )
  • velixsiolvelixsiol Member Posts: 2
    If something like that happens, there is a huge chance your game text file is messed up. There is no such text in this mod. Also, if such things happen, you may expect similar problems with other mods. Can't tell more without more specific information. I can only guess you installed the mod on a different language than the one you're using in the game, or that the game got updated and original text replaced mod text or, if you're using EET, you installed in some wrong order, but I can't help you with that as I myself do not use EET. Perhaps some other user can help with that.

This fixed it! Thank you!
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    I recently discovered your mods for both Verr’sza and White, and successfully romanced them in BG:EE.
    I’m playing BG:SoD now and seem to be continuing the romance with Verr nicely. He even had an interesting conversation involving another potential romance that was a nice surprise.
    I had been having some fun conversations with Phalf, but he seems to have disappeared at the coalition’s camp after Boareskyr Bridge with no explanation. Is this a glitch, or is there more to the kitten that I just have to be patient for?
    That may be a bug, but you may also consider things are getting tense and he had to hide himself a bit better ;) No worries, though, because if you like him...
    he returns in BG2EE, if you Verr you two (PC & Verr) romanced each other in BG1EE / SoD and he will have WAY more content and stories to share

Cheers! :)
  • LiamChgoLiamChgo Member Posts: 44
    Thank you @LavaDelVortel !
    I’m refraining from reading the spoiler at the moment. As long as I know it’s not a glitch I’m happy to wait and see what happens.
    I already plan to play BG2:EE as soon as I finish SoD, so I already have the mod installed and ready.
    Earlier in this thread there was some discussion about his alignment. I see Verr as more Chaotic Neutral rather than CE. He does seem to do anything explicitly evil, and he does seem to have a caring side.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Looking for an overview of the Naztharune Ranger
    NAZTHARUNE RANGER: These rakshasa rangers are trained stalkers, assassins and spies. They have fewer magical abilities than their cousins and do not feel the need to unite in organized guilds, but are perfect in missions that need discretion, strength and dexterity.

ADVANTAGES:
    - Gains a +5% bonus to Stealth at 1st level with an additional +5% at 7th, 14th and 21st level.
    - May cast Larloch's Minor Drain, Reflected Image and Blindness as per a mage of the same level. Gains an additional cast of Larloch's Minor Drain and Blindness at 5th level. At 7th level, Reflected Image is replaced with Mirror Image. From 8th level onwards, may cast Dimension Door once per day. Extra uses are gained at levels 16 and 24. All these spells are available through 'cast spell' option instead of 'innate abilities'.
    - May use their natural claw weapon at will. Claws deal 1d6 piercing or slashing damage (whichever is better) plus one bonus damage per 5 levels and has a 10% chance to cause bleeding, dealing one damage every two seconds for eight seconds.
    - From 3rd level onwards, may use the Set Snare ability once per day with 50% chance of success, plus an additional 10% for every 3 levels gained thereafter. Gains extra uses every 6 levels thereafter.

SET SNARE: Set a trap in the chosen location when no hostile creatures are in sight. Traps grow more powerful with the character's level and can only be triggered by enemies.
    1st Level: Deals 2d8+5 missile damage.
    11th Level: Deals 2d8+5 missile damage, plus 2d6 poison damage per round for the next 3 rounds.
    16th Level: Deals 3d8+5 missile damage, plus 4d8+2 fire damage.
    21st Level: Deals 3d8+5 missile damage and 20 poison damage with no save; slays target if a Save vs. Death with a +4 bonus is failed.

- From 6th level onwards, may use the Impaling Daggers ability once per day.

IMPALING DAGGERS: The Naztharune Ranger creates (in the inventory) five +4 daggers that deal 1d4+2 damage and grant a +2 bonus to THAC0. Enemies struck have a 25% chance to become stunned for three rounds (save vs. death to avoid). From 10th level onwards, the number of daggers created is increased to 10. Impaling Daggers vanish after eight hours.

- From 9th level onwards, may use the Mark Weakness ability once per day.

MARK WEAKNESS: The Naztharune Ranger can reveal an enemy's weak points and mark them for himself and his allies. The marked target suffers a -4 penalty to Armor Class and a -40% penalty to physical resistance for 2 rounds.

DISADVANTAGES:
    - Incurs a -2 penalty to Strength and Constitution.
    - Incurs a -4 penalty to Charisma.
    - Alignment restricted to evil.
    - May not cast Charm Animal.
    - May not cast priest spells.
    - May not wear armor heavier than studded leather.
    - May only specialize in long swords, daggers, short swords, scimitars, katanas and crossbows.