Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Bah, Droolit is not a cat person, she wants obedience so dogees rule all. :tongue:

On that note Droolit cleared most of Coastway Crossing outside and will move into the cave for the dwarves next.
    Am I to understand the lich is best recruited and not killed?
    Can i still get the anti lich gem and maybe use it later?
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited May 2017
    It depends which troops you want to have for support later on. In my experience both work against the Crusader Ambush!

There is a Lich later on when using Spectacles where you can put out the Gem once more but its optional - i usually skip it!

P.S. Cats are not to be taken easy - ask our dogs! :D

Wand of Heavens is amazing vs unhastened Sarevok (as a Druid), idk if it's broken as there doesn't seem to be save for half, but he takes around 20 dmg per hit and it considerably shortens the kiting time. (I used less than 80 darts on him).
    edited May 2017
    Agreed @Victor_Creed_SFV - it would have shortened the kiting significantly!

We totally denied Wands - like we skipped "normal" Healing Potions allowing only Regeneration Potions. We like @Grond0 - style! :D

Agreed @Victor_Creed_SFV - it would have shortened the kiting significantly!

We totally denied Wands - like we skipped "normal" Healing Potions allowing only Regeneration Potions. We like @Grond0 - style! :D

You masochist. :D

Totemic Druids are much more fun than F/T - until now! :D

Was there ever any doubt? :tongue:
    @Arctodus
    Awesome to see you with DD, they are so much fun. :D

As to the Throne fight that should only be a problem with a pure class Totemic, idk about @Harpagornis plans, but Droolit will dual into fighter and critical strike HlA means guaranteed Harm hits aka cheese with no limits. :D
    edited May 2017
    If you tell me how to grow up a L1 Fighter in LoB SoA "easily" @semiticgod this is the way to go! ;)

Dualing at level 12 should do the job (or not?) even though level 15 would be "ideal"... hmmmm...
    edited May 2017
    Great to see you on the run again @Grond0 fueling the Fighter-Hype-Train! Maybe i should throw in one more? Blackguard? Barbarian? Ranger? Nah! Eklun is still waiting - maybe later! :D

Anyway: Good luck! ;)
    As to dualing a druid into fighter, it is a lot easier than other classes.
    I already played a SoA Totemic before as some of you might remember and waited till level 15 for not only a huge amount more level 7 spells but also the fire elemental transformation.
    This not only makes you immune to +1 and normal weapons but unlike the summoned fire elemental you also get most of your item boni and even the fighter apr bonus! (and ofc you can drink potion of speed)
    So you're not forced to rely on quests where there's no fighting but can also keep quests open where the enemies don't have +2 or higher weapons which is quite a few in SoA.
    Btw Shade Lord can be done with PfU, so it is advised to not even touch Umar Hills before you're a fighter (all the other quests are ezpz as well).
    I'm even considering to dual Droolit at 16, since it is only slightly more xp but you can get a deva too. (which is sadly not available as fighter before regaining druid levels, since it counts as level 7 druid spell, but still very useful for later)
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @semiticgod Protection from Undead removal must be from another mod you use, because the scroll perfectly worked with SCS v30 in my run with Caligula.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    I wasn't really giving the berserker a fair chance yesterday, so thought I should have another go with that. The idea of a late dual from totemic druid is interesting though so perhaps I'll earmark that idea for my next failure after Caesar has crashed and burned ...
    edited May 2017
    When remembering how much reloads i needed with Su´kka the Barbarian in SoA before she was big enough to stomp most opposition easily i have my doughts going for level 15 in a no-reload scenario. Any thoughts about this one @Arctodus after playing a pure Fighter through SoA? ;)

But before planning everything in and out we have to beat SoD with Big B waiting at the end... :D

@JasperRaith mentioned in another thread that you retain the Elemental Form even after dualing to Fighter - is this confirmed @Victor_Creed_SFV? Would be awesome!
    edited May 2017
    @semiticgod As Arctodus said it 100% works (PfU) and must be another mod you use.
    Very interesting about the 50% phys resistance of the earth elemental tho my adventurer's Guide didn't mention this, so I naturally went with fire for the huge damage output you get with 3 apr.

@Harpagornis
    Every HlA that is not originally a mage or priest spell will be retained after dualing this goes even for UAI and I already tested it with elemental form. ;)
    Sadly it doesn't work with stuff like planetar/deva or anything else that in the vanilla game requires level 7/10 spellslots.
    Even if you use SCS to make the HLAs innate abilities you still won't be able to use those after dualing into a class that can't cast the spells and will have to regain your caster first.
    edited May 2017
    I think we got an easy way for the dualed Fighter to push up levels in SoA beside Quest XP: Killing Gauths in the Unseeing Eye dungeon! As two of them will attack on rest ambush its 2x9k = 18k XP on every round. If you click on the rest button like crazy you might also spawn four or even six of them over and over again. As Shield of Balduran will cancel their magic power its supersafe so you can slingshot them down without retaliation. I did this before with Su´kka and it worked quite well. ;)

P.S. Thanks for the confirmation @Victor_Creed_SFV! ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

As Shield of Balduran will cancel their magic power its supersafe so you can slingshot them down without retaliation.

Not with SCS, though. With SCS, you can't rely on that Shield at all.
    edited May 2017
    @JuliusBorisov
    Idk about SCS and slings tho, doesn't that component only work if you're in melee distance?
    Either way, you just have to kill one Gauth to pick the shield back up and those guys have no hp.
    Also with belt from trademeet they only do 17 dmg.
    Also transforming to elemental and back heals you to full.

I made a testchar to test the earth elemental form and it didnt show any phys res, do you need improved shapeshifting even for the 50%?

I found out two interesting things tho:
    Even with fighter level 1 the earth elemental has 2 apr and it has 2d10 fists, so a crit does 56 dmg :D
    Also a very cheesy "exploit" is that you can equip the gloves of dexterity to raise your dex from 14 to 18 which gets you -15 ac if you have Helm of Balduran, Ring of Gaxx and Ring +2.
    edited May 2017
    It even works with SCS @JuliusBorisov - not only vs Gauth but also vs Beholders!

You can trick Beholders by approaching them without Shield so they will fire their magic. When the rays are mid-air you switch to Shield to redirect their magic back to them. This will confuse them so much that they will stop attacking - just make sure to unequip the Shield immediately once the first rays are returning to avoid their telekinesis grabbing (they will still not attack for whatever reason). For Gauths you dont have to do anything like that. Equip Shield and they are helpless. I think i put the Beholders on the second hardest setting which only makes PfM viable otherwise. The main thing is the timing cause if you blow it the Shield might be gone but at the end its not really hard! ;)

EDIT: Very cool stuff regarding the Elemental Form @Victor_Creed_SFV - time to rush through SoD! ;)
    Eklun rushed through Coastway Crossing and still the Spirit Summons and Fire Elementals are rocking everything into the ground. All Eklun has to do is watch the party from safe distance (or out of invisibility) until the enemies are gone. Only exception: The Dwarven Mines. Here he fell back to PfU and sided with the Coldhearth Lich after he had supported Tsolak the Vampire earlier. Looks like Eklun has a preference for Undead creatures! *whistle*

He already reached level 12 so he can summon up three Spirits and two Fire Elementals at the same time. Will this be enough for the upcoming battles in the Fallen Temple of Bhaal? We will see! ;)
    Do you need to do Tsolak before the Lich @Harpagornis ?
    I already did everything else and was gonna do Lich first, cuz I have no idea about SoD. :D