Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @histamiini: Oh, good! You're in for a treat, then!
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609

@histamiini: I overlooked that part of your post. You have Ascension installed, and one of its components changes the dungeon so that monk no longer gives you the rope. Instead, you have to go back to Amkethran and ask the innkeeper for some rope, which you get for free. When you get back to Draconis' area, there will be another fight.

Your run isn't no-reload, is it?

Are you sure that's Ascension?
    I have it on SCS, but I might just be too retarded to get the rope, but the 3 dragons fight is definitely SCS.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,449
    edited December 2017
    The night of long fangs. Kited the two black dragons until they lost their haste, and then just tanked them down with Deva. Tanked the green dragon, and got rest in. Then kited Carnifex haste and his dispel ball until I got blinded so I stopped a little to be dispelled by his own spell. He lost his haste eventually and then I tanked him with Deva. Tanked FII'yissetat, then tanked the 4 drakes, then killed Frost Salamanders, separeted Tamah and tanked her down.

Abazigal's human form was a joke, no problems there. But his dragon form killed me for the first time in a while. Kited his haste, but when I tried to melee him he imprisoned me. Another try, kited haste, used Book of Infinite Spells to lure out Imprisonment and one Maze. Tanked him to badly injured, and then he healed. This continued for a while, he mazed couple Earth Elementals and healed always when I got him badly injured. He has now healed 4 times and again hasted. Is there no end to this, can you actually kill him? Some help would be welcomed.
    @histamiini: I'm surprised you survived the quadruple dragon ambush. I assumed the first two dragons' ambush acid breath would have done you in. That's why I asked if you were playing no-reload--if you were, I was going to warn you!

Abazigal has a MINHP1 item that prevents him from getting to 0 HP. He's supposed to deliver a final dialogue line before croaking, at which point he loses the item and then dies. Sometimes, though, his dialogue doesn't trigger due to a scripting issue, just like how some trolls never go down.

The only cure I know of is a reload. Maybe the next time around, his script will fire properly.
    edited December 2017
    @semiticgod I don't remember acid, but I saw couple poison ones I think, which I'm immune. I've used Shadow Scale today for acid protection (50+20) but I don't even remember for against who it was, probably Draconis. There's been so many dragons.

Is there a hp point when he should die? It gets to last two bars, but then he heals. Which point should I reload, or how far?
    @histamiini: The two black dragons use acid breath. You probably didn't notice because of the Shadow Dragon Scale; the damage would have been very minimal.

You can check Abazigal's HP with CTRL-M if you have the console enabled. He's supposed to deliver his line when it drops below 20.
    @semiticgod I reloaded just before starting the conversation with him, and now it worked. I don't know if it matters but his human form doesn't attack like in 30 seconds. So this time I waited until he started to attack, and then I was able to kill him.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @histamiini I just drop by to say that you're doing excellent work !! Reload or not, if you managed to just finish the challenge, I'll be truly impressed !! I hope you go all the way !
    @Arctodus Thanks! Not even bugs can stop Sir Vanderley going, so we'll see.
    edited December 2017
    @Harpagornis Yeah that's what I thought too, and why I left all Gww's to the end. When he gets badly injured and you notice difference in his behavior, he slows and becomes less aggressive, doesn't put on stoneskins that frequently and may start turning around. Then you start spamming Gww's. One thing making this fight "easier" is that with Reflection Cloak on, he isn't doing that much of damage.

What's your opinion on Hand of Murder reward, is it any good? If I used all Gww's it would do 720 additional damage during 6 rounds. If I didn't take it, I could get my undispellable Magic Resistance to 95 and block 19/20 of incoming traffic with that alone whole battle. That special ability Duhm is pretty neat because it's also undispellable, unlike my spell Duhm.
    Post edited by histamiini on
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    I never played around with the special abilities much cause in my very first ToB-Ascension run with Su´kka the Barbarian i wasnt even aware about these powers as i played SoA and ToB with only a minimum of metagame knowledge. It is (or was) just not my playground. If someone can give you deep insight about the special powers it might be once more @semiticgod. ;)

Not to forget: The Sendai fight will also be big fun even though Sir Vanderley should have no troubles bringing her down. Amelyssan is getting closer and closer. ;)
    edited December 2017
    Convinced Balty to join me, wasn't really that hard. What is he going to doubt Paladin about goodness? No. Last challenge, used the summon/door trick, lured all Bone Blades to other side of the Pocket Plane and summoned some company for them. Then I just tanked Ravager down, it took a while, and it wasn't very exiting. One problem though, it said you've got 25 damage resistance, but when I look the stats screen, it has 0 for all?

Sendai time. First did couple of test runs and quickly concluded I have no tactic against it. So I read @Harpagornis Su'kka experience and noticed that it works. Jumped on first cleric Sendai and got it down, invisibility, wait, and then teleport to Pocket Plane. Teleported back and then got another Sendai.

Wait, that really works? That's crazy!

Does it work with Ascension Sendai? Because if it does, this sounds like the optimal strategy for any solo run.
    @semiticgod Yeah it works, enemies just have to stop following you and you can teleport away.

You mean the final battle at Throne of Bhaal? I don't know yet but probably not.
    @histamiini: I mean the modded version of the Sendai fight from Ascension. Not at the Throne, but in her own enclave. I recall being able to escape the drow using a Potion of Invisibility, but I never tried using the Pocket Plane.
    @Harpagornis: The damage resistance does in fact stack. I had it on my Barbarian and I think there was a non-LoB no-reload with a Barbarian that had those bonuses. If you don't see it, it's probably because you chose the wrong dialogue options with the Solar. You have to be rude to the Solar during the dialogue that unlocks the Ravager fight.
    edited December 2017
    No, i chose the right answers @semiticgod and the log states that i got the bonus but its not shown in the character screen. Bug? ;)
    edited December 2017
    @semiticgod Isn't Enchanced Sendai part of SCS not Ascension? At least that's what my weidu states? Anyway yeah you can also escape to Pocket Plane, but only after going invisible and everyone stops following you. If there's example planetars you need to kite them out first.

One interesting thing I noticed, I used CTRL+Q to see some of the Drow stats, when they were hitting constantly even with BMU on, and it showed some of them to had -28 Thac0. Is that a bug or should they really have that good Thac0?

@Harpagornis Yeah I also got the update that I've received 25 damage resistance "ie. slashing, piercing, crushing and missile", but it didn't actually give them. I did the fight 2 times to be sure, so it must be a bug of some sort. Well it's easily rectified with EEkeeper. Would Su'kka have survived without the bug and with innate 45DR? With DoEH, Rochanach Horn, Yellow Dragon Scale and Inertial Belt you would've had item based damage resistance of 65/100/100/100, same applies to Dwarven Defender. I'll only have 45/95/95/100, but 3 AoF's in reserves.
    Post edited by histamiini on
    edited December 2017
    I looking the final enemies with NearInfinity, and some of the weapons they state that it's +2, but then it says in the enchantment part that it's actually 5. Anyone knows which determines the actual Thac0?
    edited December 2017
    With better preparation and the 25% DR Su´kka may have won the final battle @histamiini. To be honest: She won it some months ago but i always felt that using EEKeeper is cheating so i didnt care about it (dont forget that i also had to edit some items in i lost or missed). Maybe i am just a bit harsh to myself in that aspect. Maybe not. However: With PfM on Sendai - and i think also on Abazigal (?) - she brought them down close to death one after another to keep Amelyssan stunned as long as possible. After that it was still a long way - negating Time Stops and surviving the summons. It took hours (with some pauses in between) as well as dozens of reloads. And it was no fun. I hate this battle - at least with pure Fighter classes. Thieves or Mages have so much more tools at their disposal that i would always prefer Korgath my Bounty Hunter here... :D
    Post edited by Harpagornis on
    edited December 2017
    To get another point: Your preparation @histamiini should put Sir Vanderley into a good position for Amelyssan and friends. At the end it feels that SoA and ToB are all about getting a decent plan for this final confrontation. Here i lacked heavily with Su´kka so only EEKeeper could get her to a level that Sir Vanderley has reached thanks to your subtle-woven mindgames. May courage and an unshakable will enable him to reach his well deserved divinity! ;)
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @Harpagornis So, you did beat the challenge with Su'kka after all ! Shouldn't she be in the Hall now ?
    edited December 2017
    @Harpagornis I did have the same mentality to the Crusader Attacks, playing it in my head, but in the end I finished it completely different way than what I expected. But I hope you're right!

I'm currently putting some finishing touches before the final battle.