Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited December 2017
    For some weird reason Su´kka could stun Amelyssan with Power Attack even though her saves should be too good. As i stated earlier my SoA + ToB installation feels quite buggy. But even with this bug it was all about luck as in some rounds Amelyssan just seem to forgot calling in summons. Maybe another bug. I think i will have to reinstall the game and test it again cause in my first dozens of tries Power Attack was not working at all. Your picture @histamiini brings back some painful moments as Su´kka was outnumbered and surrounded like this over and over again... :D

P.S. Yeah weapons lower than +4 are not working at all against Amelyssan...

P.P.S. The Slow from The Flail of Ages disturbed her quite a lot!!!
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,442
    edited December 2017
    @Harpagornis Have to try FoA, also Foebane would absorb 4 hp per hit which passes dr I think, something to try I guess.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    LOL! :D
    edited December 2017
    Neat trick... hhmmmmm... but - well - no, sorry. Thats a bit too much cheese for an epic final isnt it? :D

P.S. Soul Reaver also works and will make Mel miss (nearly) always...

P.P.S. But if you like to use it - at the end its up to you @histamiini ;)
    That Soul Reaver could be solution, but I would have to get Fallen, anyone know what that does to Paladin?

That Soul Reaver could be solution, but I would have to get Fallen, anyone know what that does to Paladin?

May not be worth it. You'll basically become a fighter of the same level but without being able to attain grandmastery in weapons. You'll lose all your paladin-/cavalier-specific abilities and advantages (your immunities and resistances, your spells, you saves bonuses, your bonuses against demons and dragons).
    Hell Trials in SoA comes to my mind... ;)

What else?

Maybe you should use EEKepper just to test Soulreaver first... ;)

And like @Blackraven mentioned: The losses are quite heavily...
    @Blackraven Yeah tested it out by killing couple people. And as @Harpagornis mentioned I would have to reload from the Hell Trials, which is too far to play again, at least for now.
    Gram The Sword of Grief improved would drain 1 level with critical hit, but her little amulet gives immunity to that also. Damn, damn, damn...
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    A Control Circlet would work on Cespenar; any other form of charm would fail. He couldn't deal damage due to having no weapon, and some of the enemies may ignore him due to his 100% resistance to slashing damage, since certain SCS enemies avoid attacking critters with resistances of 75% or higher.

I think the Pocket Plane would be valid, at least if Melissan follows you. It would grant you an extra set of traps and let you charm NPCs you brought in via the Fate Spirit, but resting would not be possible.
    edited December 2017
    Unexpected crashes and other madness are the reason why i hit Quick-Save from time to time @Blackraven... ;)

But why did i get only 176-178k XP in my last runs with Multiclass characters? Maybe the game doesnt like the Basilisk-XP-Loop? :D

However: Keep going @Blackraven! ;)
    Interesting, I've only seen it with multis and duals, never with singles. Now Harpagornis' and your findings make me wonder whether I've had this happen always with my multis.
    edited December 2017
    Damn, I killed everyone else but Sarevok, who I kept alive with RoR and who lured all to himself, Melissan included, where as I was hiding in the corner. Then I timed my teleport just at the same time as Sarevok died. When I teleported back Melissan teleported onto me, but did nothing. So I beat her up, but she refused to die. Looking it up she had 1 hp, so apparently her breaking, did also not remove the amulet which lets her to have minimum 1 hp.

EDIT: actually Illasera was still alive. And when I killed her, Melissan came back to alive and reqained all his health.
    EDIT: no no no, got working Melissan to 3rd health bar, but then I accidentally healed her. I don't think there's possibility to beat her at this point, she's spamming Absolute Immunity all the time, which means only +6 weapons will hit her, so I can only use Ravager.
    Post edited by histamiini on
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Congratz @histamiini !!!
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited December 2017
    @histamiini Here's to a worthy entry in the Hall ! Congrats ! You pretty laid down the strats for all the fighter types to come !

... So, no-reload now ? :p
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,321
    Nice work @histamiini - Sir Vanderley's name will resound throughout history.
    edited December 2017
    Decent work @histamiini and creative use of the Pocket Plane. I know how frustrating this battle can be - even when fully prepared. ;)

Now its time doing ALL of this "once" more using no-reload. No? :D

P.S. Added Sir Vanderley to the Hall of Fame - well deserved! Finally Korgath isnt alone anymore! ;)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,321

On slight note I should've upgraded Carsomyr to +6 rather than Purifier to +5, so I could've used it against Absolute Immunity. It would've dispelled Amelyssan and done 50% more damage than Ravager.

Just on dispelling Mel, I'm not sure how much good that would do - I seem to remember that she has a unique version of stoneskin coded as undispellable. Perhaps @semiticgod or someone else with a better memory than me can confirm.