Skip to content

Tired of waiting, so...

2»

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Southpaw said:

Grum said:

Waiting for the IOS...

....and Android. I actually do not think that will even happen.
    Keep the faith. Hope but don't expect
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Grum said:

Southpaw said:

Grum said:

Waiting for the IOS...

....and Android. I actually do not think that will even happen.
    Keep the faith. Hope but don't expect
    No, you should expect it because they made a PROMISE! ( @JuliusBorisov , Right?)

In the meantime, if you are looking for a high quality iOS game, then you should definitely have a look at "ROME: Total War": such games (including the BG Saga, IWD and KOTOR) are a real rarity in App Store!!!!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I adore Pathfinder Adventures but my iPhone 4 keeps crashing since it's not supported. It's like playing Pathfinder by yourself with the only downside being you have to pick from pre-made characters. The game gives you A female Human Cleric and Female Elf Rogue for free but you have to unlock the others by playing or spending money. I spent 5$ to get the Halfling Bard and Gnome Druid characters.

I don't normally play games with micro-transactions but this is an exception since I'm heavily invested into the Pathfinder setting and comics.

Hopefully I can get myself a new iPad around Christmas time so I can play without it crashing every 10 minutes lol.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Well, that was in June... then later, someone somewhere said that they have other things in the cooking pot and put iOS/Android aside.
    From the looks of it, they took it off the worktable and put it back on the shelf.
    Shelf in a medical cabinet.
    On a wall, in an abandoned toilet.
    In a part of a building, where nobody goes.
    Then, they misplaced that part of the building.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    All while dancing on the head of a pin as well.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    As @Luke93 said, Rome:Total War is a great iOS port. Haven't put too much time into it, but what I've played is great. For iOS RPG suggestions, there's the Spiderweb Software games that are great! BG fans will probably like them all (I especially love the Avernum games. The Avadon games are good, but they don't hold my attention the same way Avernum does.) Also, KOTOR and Jade Empire if you've got a BioWare craving. And don't forget Heroes of Might and Magic III. But for now, I'm playing Super Mario Run. I was sceptical for sure, but it is fantastic! Sure, it's no Super Mario World, but I've been having a blast with it this afternoon.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Southpaw et al - Come on, guys, Beamdog need to work on new-revenue projects to keep the company afloat.

It's unfortunate that they didn't manage to solve their technical difficulties with the iOS/Android port of SoD before they needed to concentrate on their new project, but a small company can't afford to hold up new development for too long, and they can't afford staff to do everything at once. They've promised to return to solving the SoD port when they have the time to focus on it, and of course that's frustrating for those left waiting, but it's better than hearing that they've gone bust by neglecting revenue-generating projects.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Vallmyr said:

I adore Pathfinder Adventures but my iPhone 4 keeps crashing since it's not supported. It's like playing Pathfinder by yourself with the only downside being you have to pick from pre-made characters. The game gives you A female Human Cleric and Female Elf Rogue for free but you have to unlock the others by playing or spending money. I spent 5$ to get the Halfling Bard and Gnome Druid characters.

I don't normally play games with micro-transactions but this is an exception since I'm heavily invested into the Pathfinder setting and comics.

Hopefully I can get myself a new iPad around Christmas time so I can play without it crashing every 10 minutes lol.

I tried it but can't seem to win. The first adventure always leads to a TPK...
    @typo_tilly - aye, Shadowrun games are very good. And it's great they exist on Android tablets. World needs more real games for tablets, not just silly tower defense games. BG, Shadowrun, Banner Saga and XCOM are good examples. (I also heard that Darkest Dungeon will get an Android release)

Btw - know any other good (old) RPG/strategic games, that were ported to tablets?

@Southpaw et al - Come on, guys, Beamdog need to work on new-revenue projects to keep the company afloat.

It's unfortunate that they didn't manage to solve their technical difficulties with the iOS/Android port of SoD before they needed to concentrate on their new project, but a small company can't afford to hold up new development for too long, and they can't afford staff to do everything at once. They've promised to return to solving the SoD port when they have the time to focus on it, and of course that's frustrating for those left waiting, but it's better than hearing that they've gone bust by neglecting revenue-generating projects.

I completely understand that. But that does not prevent me from grumbling and joking about it on the forums. I still hope they will do so - one day.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Just played through PoE (main campaign, not WM1-2). It was a fairly decent RPG. I'd rate it higher than an average game, but slightly below DA:O since I didn't fully enjoy the combat. The inability to buff against debuffs was a downer for me. Usually this was not a problem since the game was very easy even for a first time player like myself playing on normal difficulty, but some battles became annoying since the difficulty increase came very sudden and without notice (Elmshore druids).

I just tried out D:OS, but man.. I couldn't stand more than 30 minutes. That game just weren't for me. The everything from the childish, cartoonish graphics to the controls, camera angles etc just bugged the hell out of a grumpy old bugger like myself, hehe.. too bad though since I read about it and how so many rank it very, very high up on their lists of best RPG's ever.

Going back to SoD now, on PC. Still haven't finished it since I keep restarting (and then forcing myself through BG1 again before transitioning to SoD in a, so far, endless loop)
  • LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2016
    I'm also still hoping v2.x and SoD will appear for iPad one day...
    In the meantime it is getting hard to find interesting replacements. Most iPad 'rpgs' tend to focus on hack&slash or grinding (or a combination of both), which doesn't interest me.
    Any other suggestions for enjoyable rpgs on iPad aside from KotoR?

I tried the Bard's Tale a while ago. Playable, but probably only enjoyable if you're old enough to know and like the old dungeon crawlers with the same name. Replayability isn't great.
    I also tried The Banner Saga 1&2. Beautiful games, but replayability is low as well.

Suggestions would be welcome
  • Teo_liveTeo_live Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2016
    I am waiting for SoD to go back on special before I buy it. Until then I am going to smash as much shadowrun as humanly possible (steam had an insane shadowrun sale just a few weeks ago).

I suppose I could finish BG2 EE, but the EE romance options for straight males bored me into quitting (Neera argh!). Screw it I will just change Rasaad to a female sprite and romance him instead >.>
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    @Lorandar Definitely check out any of the Spiderweb Software games on iPad. I personally prefer the Avernum games over Avadon. They're not pretty, but all of the games have great story-telling, tons of quests, and ridiculous amounts of exploration. The combat is strictly turn-based, and can get a bit tedious in some spots, but it's generally pretty good. And all of the games are LONG. I'm probably 50 or so hours into Avernum 6 and am maybe halfway through it. I'd say these games are a close second to the IE games as far as iPad RPG's go.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I just paid $15 to Blizzard to do a nostalgia run of leveling up a paladin in World of Warcraft. The Christmas decorations all over the world are pretty this time of year, and you can do dailies for "Santa Claus" in Ironforge. I also watched the Warcraft movie last night to go along with my little theme vacation back to Azeroth. I liked it, despite its flaws. It was cool to me to see all the familiar places in the WoW world done up in full CGI. I appreciate the Alliance-Horde conflict and the orcish race a lot more after watching it, too. :)
  • LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
    @procco Great suggestions, thanks a lot!
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I've been playing Drakensang: The River of Time. It's a very interesting game with a lot of similarities to the IE games. But it is very heavily combat oriented and the combat mechanics are a serious pain in the ass. My party members often die even on the easiest setting so for a casual gamer like myself it's rather challenging and often frustrating.