Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Fighter: Intelligence or Wisdom?

Hi everyone,

I decided to start a new game with a basic fighter and I managed to get a high roll of 98 after twenty minutes of clicking. With Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Charisma all maxed out, I wasn't sure if I should put the rest into Intelligence or Wisdom.

Dual-Classing aside, I know that some conversations in BG2(EE) have options that come from high WIS scores, but I don't know if there are any that depend on high INT scores or if there's some other reason to have a high INT as a fighter.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member Posts: 2,251
    ^- What (s)he said. If you have no roleplaying reasons for either, go with INT for the above reasons.
    wubble
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited March 6
    I seem to remember that the only wisdom check in the game (aside from wishing) can be easily fooled with a potion.

Already mentioned above it seems:)
    "Go to sleep @ wubble you're tired..."
    CrevsDaak
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 282
    Try roleplaying it out though..e.g.:

Low INT = Never read the journal for quests....Randomise your quest choices.

Low Wis = Choose dialogue options at random....

CrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,271
    Only one semi-important dialogue checks for wisdom, which is with the Spectator beholder in Shaguin city. Other than that wisdom offers no real benefit to a pure fighter. Intelligence is very important when fighting mind flayers, though. A 3 int fighter will have a very difficult time surviving vs mindflayers, unless buffed with genius potions. Because no matter how ridiculously good your ac is, a critical will kill 3 int, AND mindflayers WILL get criticals, since they have so many attacks/round.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 282
    It's a pity there aren't many more PST style...

In no-reload play Alesia (one of the best BG players) once suggested that having a good base Wisdom & Charisma (to get Balthazar ) is very important with Ascension.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 11,859
    Mantis37 said:

In no-reload play Alesia (one of the best BG players) once suggested that having a good base Wisdom & Charisma (to get Balthazar ) is very important with Ascension.

Thanks to @Harpagornis (shout out to @Alesia_BH ) we know the needed answers to get Balthazar:

"Charisma 19 + Reputation 20 was enough!

Here is the route that worked

2-2-3-2-1-1-1-3-3-1-1-2-1"

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/847595#Comment_847595
    CrevsDaakArctodussemiticgodAerakar