Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

@ThacoBell
    So THAT's where the Wisdom Tome is.

I'll have to go up there some time.

Not with Zaram though, his wisdom is staying at 8. No need to have him going off and making wise decisions now, that would ruin the fun.

And THAT's good role playing. :)B)
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2017
    @Zaghoul
    Why thank you, I try.

He did opt to kill the entire Umberlee Temple instead of giving them the Tome of Wisdom during the Poisoned Quest and then hand the Wisdom Tome over to Branwen.

Imoen: What are doing, Zaram. Just give the tome. It's a matter of life and death
    Dorn: Don't listen to her, Maldovar. Kill them and take the scroll
    Zaram: Well I did spend 500 of my hard earned gold to get this....
    Imoen: We have 40,000 gold!
    Zaram: And they *are* evil.....
    Minsc: Did somebody say Evil?
    Zaram: Yes I did. Minsc, Dorn...sick 'em

I love playing Chaotic Neutral
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Yeah who needs 2 cats in that storehouse when you've got Gorions ward to clean up rats eh?..=\

And yes low rep or not..Hull is a douche.
    @DJKajuru
    Ok, I can't find my desc so I'll write up what I can remember. Here goes

CN Human Wild Mage
    Caucasian

Quite the sight to see, Zaram Maldovar stands a tall but not necessarily imposing figure at roughly 6 ft. 5 inches tall. He has a wild mane of roughly shoulder length forest green hair that looks as if it almost has a life of it's own. His eyes, turned a dark purple by a miscast spell in his childhood glow with a certain mischievous youth. As if it were not already impossible to miss him, the sorceror stands out even further by wearing a bright robe that assaults your eyes with a myriad of colors (think the Robe of Goodman Hayes) and he carries with him a purple quarterstaff and a small charm necklace in the shape of cat which he can use to summon his grumpy familar and life-long friend Bob.

Advice for Drawing Zaram
    1. Zaram is arrogant showy pyromaniac
    2. While he loves breathing fire, I don't want a picture where he is breathing fire.
    3. As far as possibly drawing Bob, I never thought about what he looks like. Surprise me, as long as he looks sarcastic and like he doesn't want to be there (also he floats, don't ask. It's an inside joke. Let's just say he's more than the average familiar)

Potential Companions if you draw a multi-picture. Just listing all the ones I used in my 2 games with him, you don't have to draw them all or even draw one, but I want to make sure you draw the right ones if you do.
    1. Neera (Love Interest, a picture together would be nice)
    2. Imoen
    3. Jaheria
    4. Khalid
    5. Dorn
    6. Minsc (and Boo)
    7. Dynaheir
    8. Viconia
    9. Yoshimo
    10. Xan (We're all doomed, lol)

Note: In my now defunct let's play (I'm scrapped it to do another one in the far future) we jokingly shipped Dorn and Imoen. If you could draw a picture of those two together it would make my co-commentator's day.
    Speaking of which, here's some Xan logic
    We pick on Xan because we love him.
    (Party roflstomps dragon)

Fatso: HARHAR, the dragon's dead! That was easy
    Xan: We're all doomed
    Fatso: (Facepalms) Not this crap again
    (Fatso is my Gnome Beserker)
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253

@Zilber
    Nonsense, you can dual at Level 2. But who would want to?

I mean the 15+ strength needed to dual class away. With core rule 3d6 that would be less than 10% of all people.

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Nonsense, you can dual at Level 2. But who would want to?

I swear to God, I am going to have a run with entire party of level 2 dualed Barbarians just for hp boost and backstab immunity. :)
    @Artona
    I wasn't able to dual as a barbarian. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

In any case, this is my 500th comment so I should make it count

*clears throat*

@elminster

I BESEECH THEE, GIVE US THINE WISDOM AND INSIGHTS TO THIS HUMBLE SUBJECT OF "BALDUR'S GATE LOGIC" SO THAT MY 500TH COMMENT NEED NOT BE IN VAIN!

Sorry for the epic voice, I just really wanted my 500th comment to be good, and asking you for your opinion for my thread seemed the best way to go.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    If I recall correctly, initially barbarian was seperate class from fighter and it wasn't possible to dual him, but now he is a kit and you can do it. Level 2 Barbarian dualed to Mage is pretty fun, since you lose almost nothing, and get buffed, backstab-immune Mage. ;)
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253

@Artona
    I wasn't able to dual as a barbarian. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

You can't, technically, it's a fighter kit, but handled differently.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Unless you have mods. Tweak Anthology has a component that let you dual from Barbarian and Wild Mage.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @Arctodus Huh, interesting, did not know that. Barbarians to wild mage somehow just seems strange, given their EXTREME distrust for arcane magic in both 1st and 2nd edition D&D. Shoot, there was even a special wizard slayer kit for barbarians in the 2nd edition Barbarians source book. I am guessing that tweak is one of those that had popular requests. B) I suppose though, his distrust could be written off as less of a negative view, growing up with Ol Mr G in CKeep. Be one heck of a potential for a background/ biography / personal journal, as he progressed though. B)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @ZaramMaldovar , thanks for the description! I'll try to do it until tomorrow because I'm traveling on vacation on thursday . I believe I can do at least a pencil work of a portrait+a picture with other npc's within these two days.If you don't have any face in mind (an actor or somebody you know) I'll try to surprise you with other facial features, then.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

@elminster

I BESEECH THEE, GIVE US THINE WISDOM AND INSIGHTS TO THIS HUMBLE SUBJECT OF "BALDUR'S GATE LOGIC" SO THAT MY 500TH COMMENT NEED NOT BE IN VAIN!

Sorry for the epic voice, I just really wanted my 500th comment to be good, and asking you for your opinion for my thread seemed the best way to go.

Yea apparently I picked up the flu while on vacation. So I'm not really in the state of mind to be contributing anything :(
    edited July 2017
    @elminster
    Of course I apologize, take your time. Get well soon
    @DJKajuru
    I was going to post a picture of me but I decided against it. Go ahead and surprise me.

Btw, I'm not a tall person (I'm 5'6) but it was first height that popped into mind when I thought of Zaram. Probably because a lot of my friends are 6'5.
    In any case back to our regularly scheduled logic

Thunderhammer doesn't notice you dropping all your Ankheg Shells so you can achieve maximum profit...and he calls himself a businessman.

Kagain complains about your lack of initiative in completing his quest then abandons it the moment you actually try. (Note: Once again, this is rectified by the NPC Project)
    @Kilivitz
    I think Quarterstaves are harder than you might think to use. It's not as simple as picking up and stick and beating someone to death with it (that would be a Club, which game logic also doesn't seem to state everyone can use)

Mage Logic:
    Gorion alllowed you to learn to become a Necromancer in Candlekeep and failed to realize you were Neutral Evil. This can be explained though by assuming that you develop your alignment and specialization on the road to your destiny rather than before.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2017
    The know alignment spell and detect evil spells only give you one axis of the alignment chart. There should be a spell that also gives indication on the other axis.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Kilivitz said:

BG Monk logic: quarterstaves are too complicated a weapon to use.

Not according to Carl Douglas.

https://youtu.be/9TgoF-ccdGM