Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited July 2017
    @subtledoctor
    Maybe an evil CHARNAME can get help from Szass Tam....for a price of course.

Now that I know who the guy is, I like the character ok?

Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on
    @ThacoBell
    Yes let's have Minsc return home and face criticism over his failures with Dynaheir and redeem himself by saving his homeland.

Let's have Jaheria face the Archdruids of the Shadow Druids.

Let's have a Jan quest with The Hidden

Ok that last one sounds epic so I'm going to stop before I ruin it.
    This happened to one of my friends playing Vanilla BG

CHARNAME attacks Cow

All of Candlekeep is now hostile towards the child they raised.
    @islandking
    I guess it can just be assumed that Clerics, Druids and Multi/Dual-Class compatiable examples have grown accustomed to casting spells with shields (and in the case of pure Druids and Clerics, armor) whereas pure mages and sorcerors can't do that.

Also all bags, clothes and items have 100% fire resistance even if nobody in the party does. Apparently flame retardant is very common in the realms but has the unfortunate weakness of not working on skin.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

This happened to one of my friends playing Vanilla BG

CHARNAME attacks Cow

All of Candlekeep is now hostile towards the child they raised.

Yeah, I felt sorry for Hull who was so sleepy, so I cast Command on him so he could have a nap. Next thing I know, my foster father zapped me with a lightning spell... I hope he got toasted himself in the ensuing war between Baldur's Gate and Amn!
    edited July 2017
    Playing BG1 with SCS in fun but way more difficult.

I had no idea just how fast the bears were going to get, and Nimbul wiped out 3/4 members of my party (Neera of all people lived) and everyone generally dies more often, but the game isn't as difficult as it would be if I turned on Hard on which just bombards me with unmanagable damage.

I LOVE IT!

Quayle Logic: No matter which direction you are going, Quayle is conveniently going the same direction. He also ages considerably before BG2, but that can be explained in two parts 1. Quayle is probably older than we think he is in BG1 already 2. Quayle spent some time away from the Prime Material and it's incredibly possible that time runs different on other planes.

Returning Characters from the first game in general logic: Every character is extremely forgiving of the main character for killing them in the previous game.
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56

Playing BG1 with SCS in fun but way more difficult.

I had no idea just how fast the bears were going to get, and Nimbul wiped out 3/4 members of my party (Neera of all people lived) and everyone generally dies more often, but the game isn't as difficult as it would be if I turned on Hard on which just bombards me with unmanagable damage.

I LOVE IT!

Quayle Logic: No matter which direction you are going, Quayle is conveniently going the same direction. He also ages considerably before BG2, but that can be explained in two parts 1. Quayle is probably older than we think he is in BG1 already 2. Quayle spent some time away from the Prime Material and it's incredibly possible that time runs different on other planes.

Returning Characters from the first game in general logic: Every character is extremely forgiving of the main character for killing them in the previous game.

Well, at least Viconia, has good reason. I mean if you save her from being burned at the stake, she can't really hold anything prior against ya too much.
    @Sunder
    That's true, but what about Edwin? Xzar? Drizzt?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Doesn't Edwin forget? And iirc, Drizzt will attack you potentially.
    @DreadKhan
    Yes Edwin does forget, because dying is totally something I would forget.

And sure, Drizzt can potentially attack you, but he can also potentially not.

If somebody killed me, I'm not pulling any punches next time I see them.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

@DreadKhan
    Yes Edwin does forget, because dying is totally something I would forget.

And sure, Drizzt can potentially attack you, but he can also potentially not.

If somebody killed me, I'm not pulling any punches next time I see them.

I don't know about that. That's Baldurs Gate logic for sure. If I met up again with the same party that kicked my ass and killed me in real life, I think I'd run like a rabbit in the opposite direction!
    @lroumen
    Yeah, we have a gift that is only bestowed upon CHARNAME and Bondari. Power Word: Reload

Unfortunately many of our enemies have been granted Power Word: Plot Armor and can't be killed until the end of the game. For even the legendary Power Word: Kill Cheat does not work on them.
    I know this WAY off topic, but I'm so excited....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ff-6Sn1Od8
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

I know this WAY off topic, but I'm so excited....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ff-6Sn1Od8

They make him regenerate far too often these days. Not like he used to be.
    @ZaramMaldovar Yeah, looks like. My 'used to' was Pertwee and Baker (esp.), when I first saw them on TV during that time period or right thereafter, that's why I guess I still identify with longer times.
    Lawd, that's been a while... B)
    @Zaghoul
    Yeah I suppose I can understand it from that perspective. I was just generalizing.

In any case I'm still very excited though.

SOD Logic:
    Group steals 95,000 gold from the treasury and uses it to pay for their meal at a (to be fair reasonably high but not that reasonably high) inn in Baldur's Gate.

Party can't choose to side with Caelar Argent because reasons
    @Montresor_SP
    I prefer to think of it as the Area Northeast of Nashkel, but that works too. And yeah, it does seem a bit odd.

If you attacked Jon Irenicus in the vanilla game at the Tree of Life before killing the parasites and did enough damage he would actually register as Jon Irencius-Dead and lie there motionless before promptly coming back after you kill all the parasites.

I bet you thought Irenicus was alive....nope, Chuck Testa.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Zaghoul said:

Shoot, there was even a special wizard slayer kit for barbarians

Anything more you can tell me about this kit @Zaghoul? This sounds like something that might fit well with what i'm currently working on.

Zaghoul said:

Shoot, there was even a special wizard slayer kit for barbarians

Anything more you can tell me about this kit @Zaghoul? This sounds like something that might fit well with what i'm currently working on.
    @WarChiefZeke Yup, sent ya what I had on it. B)
    edited July 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_bSdWEYK8

Congrats to our new 13th Doctor (STILL not ginger)

I wonder how The Doctor is going to react?

Anyway, back to BG Logic: Player decides not to help out the party in Firkragg's Dungeoun with finding the treasure. Rather than attempt more convincing, they simply decide to kill their only hope of gaining the treasure. Seems legit.
    Oh lawd, not my ol Doc Who, good grief... :*:s .