Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[HOW TO] Install mods on iOS devices (NO Jailbreak)

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,809
    edited November 2017

argent77 said:

Just a note, .bif files and their content has to be indexed by the chitin.key, or it won't be detected by the game.

Oh. Interesting. So I need to also get a modified version of chitin.key over to the iPad...? I wonder if that's possible. Obvious answer would be "zip the file and call it 'chitin.bg2data.'" But who knows if that would work.
    It's probably easier to extract content of all mod-added biffs into the override folder and transfer only the zipped override folder. (Unless you can manage to import DLC archives to the iPad. In that case you don't have to worry about biffs, override or dialog.tlk at all.)

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,460
    argent77 said:

It's probably easier to extract content of all mod-added biffs into the override folder and transfer only the zipped override folder. (Unless you can manage to import DLC archives to the iPad. In that case you don't have to worry about biffs, override or dialog.tlk at all.)

I wish. That would be SO much more sensible. We all wish, in all likelihood. Except Beamdog, I guess :confounded:

How would one go about extracting a mod's biffed resources to /override?

Or perhaps we could just edit eet_core.tp2 to not biff anything at all?

Still though, if EET has 13,000 files in /override after biffing a bunch of stuff... I can only imagine how big that number would be if it encompassed the entirety of EET. My little old iPad has no problem with 13,000 files in /override - that's about how many I had in IWDEE 1.4. But at some point it will become an issue.

argent77 said:

I wish. That would be SO much more sensible. We all wish, in all likelihood. Except Beamdog, I guess :confounded:

How would one go about extracting a mod's biffed resources to /override?
    Probably no easy way. You would have to parse the chitin.key manually and extract all files referenced by the relevant .bif files via COPY_EXISTING (and hope they don't contain files >16 MB or WeiDU will fail).

• Luke93Luke93 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,299
    edited November 2017

Fun fact: highlighting 13,000+ files in a folder and telling my computer "create a .zip archive from this" makes my computer not like me. :tongue:

(EDIT - my computer seems to be completely unwilling to zip 13,000 files together. At least, after leaving the task running for 25 minutes. Need to set it up and let it run for an hour or two.)

I had the same problem with 3309 files (Rogue Rebalancing + SCS). I managed to bypass this issue by uploading the override folder to Dropbox; only at this point I could zip the files contained in it....

Alternatively, you can install & import one mod at a time ( or a small group of mods at a time....)

Post edited by Luke93 on
    @subtledoctor You can use this WeiDU code to extract all EET-related biffs into the override folder:
    [spoiler]BEGIN ~Extract EET BIFFs into override folder~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT regBiff ~\(.+/\)?EET.+~ // resource type -> extension OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1~ ~BMP~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_2~ ~MVE~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_4~ ~WAV~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_5~ ~WFX~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_6~ ~PLT~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1000~ ~BAM~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1001~ ~WED~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1002~ ~CHU~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1003~ ~TIS~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1004~ ~MOS~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1005~ ~ITM~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1006~ ~SPL~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1007~ ~BCS~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1008~ ~IDS~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1009~ ~CRE~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1010~ ~ARE~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1011~ ~DLG~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1012~ ~2DA~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1013~ ~GAM~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1014~ ~STO~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1015~ ~WMP~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1016~ ~EFF~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1017~ ~BS~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1018~ ~CHR~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1019~ ~VVC~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1020~ ~VEF~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1021~ ~PRO~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1022~ ~BIO~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1023~ ~WBM~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1024~ ~FNT~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1026~ ~GUI~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1027~ ~SQL~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1028~ ~PVRZ~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1029~ ~GLSL~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1030~ ~TOT~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1031~ ~TOH~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1032~ ~MENU~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1033~ ~LUA~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1034~ ~TTF~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_1035~ ~PNG~ OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~types_2050~ ~INI~ COPY ~chitin.key~ ~chitin.key~ READ_LONG 0x08 numBiffs READ_LONG 0x0c numResref READ_LONG 0x10 ofsBiffs READ_LONG 0x14 ofsResref // create list of biffs SET biffs = 0 FOR (idx = 0; idx < numBiffs; ++idx) BEGIN SET ofs = ofsBiffs + (idx * 12) READ_LONG (ofs + 4) ofsName READ_SHORT (ofs + 8) lenName READ_ASCII ofsName name (lenName) NULL TO_UPPER ~name~ TEXT_SPRINT EVAL ~biffs_%idx%~ ~%name%~ SET biffs += 1 END // extract files from matching biffs FOR (idx = 0; idx < numResref; ++idx) BEGIN SET ofs = ofsResref + (idx * 14) READ_ASCII ofs resref (8) NULL READ_SHORT (ofs + 8) type READ_LONG (ofs + 10) locator SET biffIndex = (locator >> 20) & 0xfff PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET EVAL ~biffs_%biffIndex%~) BEGIN TEXT_SPRINT biff EVAL ~%biffs_%biffIndex%%~ PATCH_IF (~%biff%~ STRING_MATCHES_REGEXP ~%regBiff%~ = 0) BEGIN PATCH_IF (VARIABLE_IS_SET EVAL ~types_%type%~) BEGIN TEXT_SPRINT type EVAL ~%types_%type%%~ PATCH_IF (NOT FILE_EXISTS ~override/%resref%.%type%~) BEGIN INNER_ACTION BEGIN COPY_EXISTING ~%resref%.%type%~ ~override~ END END END ELSE BEGIN PATCH_WARN ~Unknown resource type: %type%~ END END END ELSE BEGIN PATCH_WARN ~BIFF at index %biffIndex% does not exist~ END END BUT_ONLY [/spoiler]
    (Be careful though. It'll extract over 30,000 files into the override folder.)

Btw I moved a modified chitin.key over to the iPad, to match up with the EET data folder... and then the app wouldn't even launch. So unbiffing - or choosing not to biff in the first place - is likely the only way to make it work.

And then, the PVRZ area files still won't work. It's worth testing to pin down and solve issues one-by-one, so that next steps will be clear. But I don't have a ton of time.

I think I'm just going to mod up BGEE and BG2EE separately, and play them apart, the traditional way. Unfortunately the area thing means I won't be able to use a lot of content mods, like the Colors of Infinity series. :(

edited November 2017
    Quick update: I did a ~45 mod install on BGEE. Modded the resources from the .ipa file to get the best results. Ended up with ~17,000 files in the override folder. It's too many to zip collectively so I just zipped the folder and called it override.bg1data. Imported it and lang.bg1data into my iPad... and the app won't start. :(

EDIT - I zipped the override files collectively with 7zip in Windows and imported it as mod.bg1override. Same result.

EDIT 2 - I moved the override files and lang folder over to BGEE v2.3 on the desktop, and then that app wouldn't start. So maybe it's something about the mod list? But there's nothing controversial in it...

Sigh. Gonna have to start over, installing mods one by one on v2.3 on the desktop, and checking to see that it runs after each one. Then, only if and when I have a modded setup there, I'll transfer it over to the iPad.

It might have something to do with the BWFixPack. It seriously messed up some mods. At this point I'd consider the FixPack to be broken on MacOS... :(

Post edited by subtledoctor on
    Still no go. I have the game working on the iPad, but .tlk strings are all messed up. Like, I see that Might & Guile properly changed "Thief" to "Rogue" in the class menu, and Faiths & Powers properly changed "Paladin" to "Champion." But when I click on the menu entry on the left, the description is wrong on the right. And most of the kit descriptions are wrong.

The strings are correct in BGEE v2.3 on my computer, so there's some kind of disconnect between the .tlk files with different versions of the game...

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,292

Fun fact: highlighting 13,000+ files in a folder and telling my computer "create a .zip archive from this" makes my computer not like me. :tongue:

try total commander trolololo

There could also be an issue with the DLCs... @JuliusBorisov any word on whether the iOS DLCs like Neera act like SoD on Steam/GOG desktop installs of BGEE? If they introduce internal DLC packages with their own .tlk files, then adding mods on top of that would require a modmerge-like treatment, which is likely impossible.

StummvonBordwehrLuke93
    edited November 2017
    Luke93 said:

.wav format is supported. As a matter of fact, it is possible to install custom sound sets: download a custom sound set and locate the sounds folder:

sounds -> sounds.zip -> sounds.bg1/bg2/iwddata

Really? Do you have any experience with this mod? When I used this with IWDEE 1.4, trying any of the new soundsets crashed the app.

Really? Do you have any experience with this mod? When I used this with IWDEE 1.4, trying any of the new soundsets crashed the app.

Yes, I have. As I said, I managed to install several custom sound sets (Daelan, Tomi, Sharwyn, Linu) by following the standard procedure (see the OP) plus an additional step, i.e.: for each custom sound set, locate the sounds folder (it contains the .wav files), zip it (no compression), rename it to sounds.bg1/bg2/iwddata and finally import it to your iOS device -> now you can enjoy custom sound sets with subtitles.
    Game tested: BG2:EE, dunno about IWD:EE....

lolien
    That's weird, because when I look in the app's .ipa file, there is no "sounds" folder at the main-level game directory. Rather, it is at "/lang/en_US/sounds" ... so importing a "/sounds" folder as .bg1data shouldn't work!

I seriously just don't understand this stuff.

edited February 2018
    I think I have it working!

There must be a difference between the versions of dialog.tlk in desktop v2.3 and mobile v2.4, probably at the end of the file. That would make all string references from mods above a certain number end up being offset, and they would show up as wrong. So I installed mods directly to the files in the v2.4 .ipa file, and then zipped that /lang folder as "lang.bg1data" and used 7zip in Windows to zip the ~17,000 files in /override as "mods.bg1override" and then loaded them onto the iPad. Started a character, and rolled a Herald bard from MnG. Got a scroll from Tethtoril, and had a nice conversation about Deneir with Finch. So far so good!

First bug though: when I tried to quicksave it resulted in a hard crash. So I guess the "only one quicksave" mod made by @elminster does not work on the mobile app. So I'll need to remove that from the /override folder, and re-zip the files, and remove the game from the iPad and reinstall it, and then re-load the /lang and /override files. Kind of annoying, but not the end of the world.

Here is the log of the mods I've installed:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v15
    ~AC_QUEST/SETUP-AC_QUEST.TP2~ #1 #0 // Ascalon's Questpack: 2.00b_160119
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in Gullykin: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v22.8
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v22.8
    ~INDINPC/SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC: v12.0 BETA 3
    ~FINCHNPC/FINCHNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC: v4.0 BETA 7
    ~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1
    ~VYND/SETUP-VYND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Vynd for BGTutu, BGT and BG:EE
    ~WHITE/WHITE.TP2~ #0 #0 // White NPC for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu
    ~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    ~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Choose an alternate class for Sirene? -> True Paladin
    ~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu
    ~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Valerie/Isra crossmod banter?
    ~TENYATHERMIDOR/SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v14.0_beta_151127
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Store Revisions: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Shield Bonuses: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Enchantment Doesn't Affect Speed Factor of Weapons: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #19 // Revised Backstabbing -> More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 10
    ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1060 // Kensai Can Wear Bracers: V4 Beta 10
    ~MSFM/MSFM.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add Wizard's Staff -> Add Wizard's Staff with 14 new color sets: v1.5
    ~MSFM/MSFM.TP2~ #0 #10 // Add circlets: v1.5
    ~MSFM/MSFM.TP2~ #0 #11 // Add Circlet of Revelation: v1.5
    ~S3DISCLUBS/S3DISCLUBS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Distinguisable Clubs: V1.1
    ~SILVER_STAFF_OF_AULE/SILVER_STAFF_OF_AULE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Silver Staff of Aule: v10.0 BETA
    ~SILVER_STAFF_OF_AULE/SILVER_STAFF_OF_AULE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate Icons -> Icon N.2 by CrevsDaak: v10.0 BETA
    ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 15
    ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 15
    ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #50 // Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens: v4 Beta 15
    ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #60 // Update Spellbooks of Joinable NPCs: v4 Beta 15
    ~BLAH/BLAH.TP2~ #0 #0 // kit blah
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Install Holy Strategist of the Red Knight Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #118 // Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #127 // Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #130 // Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #203 // Install Oozemaster Druid kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #406 // Install Feralan Ranger Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #409 // Install Forest Runner Ranger Kit: v8
    ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #412 // Install Justifier Ranger Kit: v8
    ~DR8_HOTFIX/DR8_HOTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // hotfix for Divine Remix v8b
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v6
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items: v6
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Dirgesinger bard kit: v6
    ~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Gypsy bard kit: v6
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.90b1
    ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.90b1
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core Monk Revisions: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Shining Hand Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Broken One Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Long Death Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Old Order Monk: 0.3
    ~MONASTICORDERS/SETUP-MONASTICORDERS.TP2~ #0 #7 // New Monk Items: 0.3
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised Specialists: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Revised Dragon Disciples: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Sorcerer: Favoured Soul: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #4 // Sorcerer: Sylvan Disciple: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #5 // Sorcerer: Revenant Disciple: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // Sorcerer: Amorphous Disciple: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // Spell Tweaks: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #11 // Metamagic: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cantrips -> First Level Cantrips: 0.7
    ~TOMEANDBLOOD/SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ #0 #14 // Ability Score Bonuses: 0.7
    ~A7-CHAOSSORCERER/SETUP-A7-CHAOSSORCERER.TP2~ #0 #0 // UNDEFINED STRING: @0: 2.3
    ~A7-CHAOSSORCERER/SETUP-A7-CHAOSSORCERER.TP2~ #0 #20 // UNDEFINED STRING: @20: 2.3
    ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Select an installation method below: -> all the new kits and the sphere system: 0.74o
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #500 // Multiclass Kits: 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feat System: 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #205 // Psionics: 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Bard Class Overhaul: 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #230 // Revised Archery: 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #265 // Revised Monk Fists: 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #310 // Add the Corsair (fighter kit): 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): 3.6.6
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #410 // Add the Sniper (thief kit): 3.6.6
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Remove Blur Effect from Items, e.g. Cloack of Displacement: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel): v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2530 // Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce (Angel): v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3082 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 80: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3230 // Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson): v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3276 // Recoverable throwing weapons -> 75% chance to recover after a successful hit, vs. enemies only: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG Values: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19: v2
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Make Xan a Generalist Mage (Mike1072): v2
    ~POISON_NO_BYPASS/SETUP-POISON_NO_BYPASS.TP2~ #0 #3 // No Weapon -> Limited Exclusions(Anti-magic, AoE, Gaze): Mirror Image or Stoneskin: 1.0
    ~A7#IMPROVEDSHAMANICDANCE/SETUP-A7#IMPROVEDSHAMANICDANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Shamanic Dance: 3.1
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #100 // IWO - Yet Another Revised Armor System: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #102 // IWO - Functional Weapon Tweaks: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #103 // IWO - Light/Heavy Weapon Distinctions: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #122 // WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changes: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #124 // WPO - Fighting Style Changes: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #125 // WPO - APR on Spec: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #160 // STO - Saving Throw Overhaul: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #200 // SBO - Stat Bonus Overhaul: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #202 // SBO - Full Strength for 2-Hand Weapons Only: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #204 // SBO - Enable Concentration Checks: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #206 // SBO - Hit Dice Overhaul -> Generous (above-average) hit points: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #210 // XPO - Slower, standardized XP Tables: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #2123 // XPO - No Murder XP -> kills give half XP: v5.7.4
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #180 // MRO - Magic Resistance Overhaul: v5.7.4
    ~LOW_MAGIC/LOW_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #100 // No Generic Magic Items: v0.3
    ~LOW_MAGIC/LOW_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #402 // Increase Scroll Prices -> Increase Based on Spell Level: v0.3
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Replace BG1-style elemental arrows with BG2 versions: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6102 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #115 // Allow Mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls -> Scrolls can be scribed everywhere: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v4.50
    ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Revised Bhaalpowers -> Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time: v4.50
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #1050 // The Manual of War: 1.5
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2000 // No Item Deprecation: 1.5
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Standardize Creature Immunities and Abilities: 1.5
    ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Standardize Poison Immunity: 1.5
    ~ENCHANT/ENCHANT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enchant the Missile Launchers
    ~SCROLLCASTERLEVELMOD/SCROLLCASTERLEVELMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Scroll Caster Level Mod: v1
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
    ~COLORFUL_SPECIALIST_SLOTS/COLORFUL_SPECIALIST_SLOTS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Specialist Slots -> Specialist Mages must use 2 spell slots for Specialist School Spells: 1.0
    ~COLORFUL_SPECIALIST_SLOTS/COLORFUL_SPECIALIST_SLOTS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Edwin Amulet extra spells must also be Conjuration spells: 1.0
    ~COLORFUL_SPECIALIST_SLOTS/COLORFUL_SPECIALIST_SLOTS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Equipment that doubles spell slots also doubles forced specialist slots: 1.0
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #102 // Choose a class for Imoen -> Make Imoen a multiclass mage/thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #121 // Choose a class for Jaheira -> Make Jaheira a druid: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #143 // Choose a class for Khalid -> Make Khalid a ranger: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #161 // Choose a class for Minsc -> Make Minsc a fighter: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #221 // Choose a class for Coran -> Make Coran a thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #242 // Choose a class for Branwen -> Make Branwen a multiclass fighter/cleric: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #302 // Choose a class for Xzar -> Make Xzar a necromancer/cleric: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #321 // Choose a class for Montaron -> Make Montaron a thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #464 // Choose a class for Alora -> Make Alora a cleric/thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #483 // Choose a class for Xan -> Make Xan a fighter/mage: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #583 // Choose a class for Viconia -> Make Viconia a cleric/thief: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #621 // Choose a class for Neera -> Make Neera a sorcerer: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #2000 // NPC kit choices: v2.7
    ~NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2~ #0 #3000 // multiclass kit choice: v2.7
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: proto-7 170206
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #510 // Randomly not randomise items: proto-7 170206
    ~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. No items are lost: proto-7 170206

Post edited by subtledoctor on
    StummvonBordwehrLuke93elminster

That's weird, because when I look in the app's .ipa file, there is no "sounds" folder at the main-level game directory. Rather, it is at "/lang/en_US/sounds" ... so importing a "/sounds" folder as .bg1data shouldn't work!

I seriously just don't understand this stuff.

I was speaking of the sounds folder contained in the mod folder. For example, download "Tomi soundset" and unpack the archive. Then navigate to:

Tomi -> SND -> Tomi -> sounds

Now: zip it (sounds.zip), rename it to sounds.bg1/bg2/iwddata and import it to your iOS device.

Yeah but my point is, I thought a zipped folder called "x.bg1data" is imported as a folder called x located in the main game folder. So "sounds.bg1data" would be u zipped as a folder called "sounds." And as far as I understand, such a folder shouldn't have any effect on the game.

Update: zipping the whole override folder and renaming it to "override.bg1data" seems to work.

Luke93
    edited November 2017

Yeah but my point is, I thought a zipped folder called "x.bg1data" is imported as a folder called x located in the main game folder. So "sounds.bg1data" would be u zipped as a folder called "sounds." And as far as I understand, such a folder shouldn't have any effect on the game.

Yes, I guess you're right. Anyway, sounds.bg2data seems to work......

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat

What?! I thought you were a veteran.... I mean, Tranzig is too easy in this way :)

StummvonBordwehr
    I'm not a heavy SCS user - you can also see I didn't add most of the revised encounters. And I never install revised vampires/beholders/dragons/fiends. I just want smarter behavior from the games' existing enemies.

I'm not a power gamer, and too much 'perfection' in the AI bothers me. I don't do a ton of pre-buffing, I don't think it's realistic for the AI to do so either. They still get Mage Armor and Stoneskin and other long-duration buffs. And I'm using kreso's variant SCS so they 'pre-cast' Monster Summoning spells.

Priests DO get short-duration buffs because they are basically the only ones available. And buffs are at the heart of what makes priests tactically interesting.

StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    First, thanks for this thread! Having access to mods on iOS is the best thing I could have wished for (ok, maybe after the release of SoD).
    I'm pretty confident I successfully installed Bg1NPC Project+extra music and BG1UB (I need a bit more testing, but it seems fine). These were the mods I wanted more badly, at least for Bg1, so I decided to try a lightly modded game to see if it worked.
    Anyway, I was wondering what is the procedure if I decided to install more mods: should I first delete BG from the device? Or it would be enough to mod from scratch the .ipa I have on pc and re-send mod.bg1override and lang.bg1data to open with Bg1 on iOS?

StummvonBordwehrlolientbone1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 19,708

There could also be an issue with the DLCs... @JuliusBorisov any word on whether the iOS DLCs like Neera act like SoD on Steam/GOG desktop installs of BGEE? If they introduce internal DLC packages with their own .tlk files, then adding mods on top of that would require a modmerge-like treatment, which is likely impossible.

Ok, I've asked the developers and got a reply.

No, mobile version doesn't use multiple .tlk files, so mod-merge isn't required.

StummvonBordwehr
    Arneb said:

I was wondering what is the procedure if I decided to install more mods: should I first delete BG from the device? Or it would be enough to mod from scratch the .ipa I have on pc and re-send mod.bg1override and lang.bg1data to open with Bg1 on iOS?

I would do the former, just to be safe: delete the game, if the iPad into a computer, use iTunes to reinstall it (this way it only needs to be installed from the computer, not downloaded over the air). Then apply the mods.

Actually strike that. I've updated my install a few times, changing things in NI on the desktop and then exporting them (remember their filenames must be precisely the same, including any capitalization), and zipping the edited files, and emailing them to my iPad. They seem to overwrite what's there.

So it would probably be safe to add more mods to your install, on top of BG1NPC and BG1UB (those are both early-in-the-order mods anyway), and then zip up the resulting lang and override folders, and applying them to your existing game on the iPad. As long as you are adding mods this way, it will probably work fine. With the following caveats:
    1) Remember that after applying the mods, you have to fully quit the game (double-click home button, swipe the app away) and then restart it.
    2) As ever, savegames are likely to be hosed when you change your mod setup.

Ok, I've asked the developers and got a reply.

No, mobile version doesn't use multiple .tlk files, so mod-merge isn't required.
    That's good to know.

StummvonBordwehrArnebJuliusBorisov
  • Sneeky17Sneeky17 Member Posts: 9
    I've finally managed to install SCS to the iPad version of BG2:EE after downloading the .ipa file to my Mac.

Can anyone share the expected behavior when mod1.bg2override and lang.bg2data are opened with BG2:EE on the iPad? On one attempt, the screen just went black and I had to quit the app. On another attempt the screen went black, and eventually recovered. Is there any way to tell whether the files were successfully consumed?

Also, is there any way to tell if the mod actually installed? Right now I am playing up to the Ogre Mage spawn in the very beginning of Irenicus's Dungeon to see if he casts any spells like Mirror Image or Horror that would indicate the mage AI was in place. So far, no dice, and it takes awhile to get there on each attempt.

If anyone can provide any direction it would be greatly appreciated!

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Right after the ogre mage you usually find goblins.
    If you find duergar SCS installed correctly

JuliusBorisov
    Sneeky17 said:

On another attempt the screen went black, and eventually recovered.

Depending on the size of your override folder, the game may take longer than anticipated expected to start. So, as you said, the screen remains black and eventually recovers. For example, my override contains 9009 files -> the game took 10-12 seconds to start

JuliusBorisov

Update: zipping the whole override folder and renaming it to "override.bg1data" seems to work.

I confirm it works. OP updated!

Unfortunately, external keyboards are not (yet) supported -> You know, there is this mod (courtesy of @argent77 ) that may allow us to use the Debug Console......

JuliusBorisov
  • Sneeky17Sneeky17 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2017
    I got it working!

A few final questions... do you load the stratagems.bg2override file first, quit the app, then load the lang.bg2data file? Do you have to do this every time you start the app or only the first time?

I have spent 10-12 hours stumbling my way through all the steps until I finally got it working. If there is any interest, I could make a YouTube video tutorial showing all the steps.

Thanks Luke93 for your help!

StummvonBordwehr
    edited December 2017
    Luke93 said:

Sneeky17 said:

On another attempt the screen went black, and eventually recovered.

Depending on the size of your override folder, the game may take longer than anticipated expected to start. So, as you said, the screen remains black and eventually recovers. For example, my override contains 9009 files -> the game took 10-12 seconds to start
    This. I had ~17,000 files in my override folder, and my iPad is a bit old, only has an A7 processor, so it took a while.

Here's what you do: start up the unmodded app and start a game or whatever. Now go out to the main menu, where you can choose single-player, multiplayer, options, etc. Now go to whatever app has your .bg1data file (or whatever), and export the file to BG. The game will reappear on your screen, but it will be unresponsive. Tap around the buttons a bit - I just kept tapping 'options' every once in a while. In 15 or 30 or 60 seconds, whatever it is, the game will be responsive to your taps again. That's when you know the game has imported all those thousands of mod files.

Now, this part is important: don't play the game yet. Instead, quit to your iPad's home screen, then double-click home and swipe up the game so it goes out of the machine's memory. Now re-open the game. Now those files that you imported will be part of your gameplay.

Then repeat that process for the /lang folder and any other files you need to import into the game:
    1) import files
    2) wait until the game is responsive to your taps
    3) quit the game and shut it down completely, removing it from memory
    4) re-start the game
    Sneeky17 said:

A few final questions... do you load the stratagems.bg2override file first, quit the app, then load the lang.bg2data file?

Doesn't matter.
    Sneeky17 said:

Do you have to do this every time you start the app or only the first time?

Nope, just once.

Luke93
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I know it’s off topic but I’m stuck in durlag’s tower in my scs ipad run.
    I can’t get to the chess room even if I killed all the elemental enemies in the four rooms.
    It happens every time, in every playthriugh and everytime I install SCS1.
    I know how to byoass this, I just need to export the game, import it to my pc, and killing the fire elemental enemy, then killing everyone in the chess room, exporting the game and reimporting in my ipad, but it’s frustrating!!
    I Wonder if anyone else has this problem too.

@subtledoctor Alternatively, you can import the /lang folder immediately after importing the /override folder (or the other way round), i.e.: import the/override folder, wait until the game is responsive to your taps, return to the home screen, import the /lang folder and wait until the game is responsive to your taps. At this point remove the game from memory.