Skip to content

Suggestions Thread: Miscellaneous (Minor uncategorized tweaks and changes)

Comments

• NinjamestariNinjamestari Member Posts: 18
    I dearly hope that the main theme playing in the main menu and during character creation will be the original version and no the one from HotU. The original NWN theme is the absolute best character creation music ever created.
    RandomPersonMrDamage
  • MisterfozMisterfoz Member Posts: 1
    I don't know if you're aware of Wyatt Ferris, a young RPGer who passed away. His parents asked gamers to include him in their campaigns as an NPC. Looking at the D&D facebook pages that request has had a very good uptake in tabletop campaigns. I wonder if one NPC in NWN EE couldn't be given that name?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

I dearly hope that the main theme playing in the main menu and during character creation will be the original version and no the one from HotU. The original NWN theme is the absolute best character creation music ever created.

I had HotU straight from the get-go. Please a video of both?
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    I'd like to hear the original NWN main theme at the start menu rather than the HotU track.

The original main theme is more inspiring to start new adventures. It's almost as good as the BG main theme in just pushing you to roll a new character.

The HotU theme is too dramatic. It's more fitting for an epic ending than a new beginning.
    RandomPersonMrDamage
    Verilazic said:

I have one suggestion for the game, and one for the community. For the game, it would be nice to have better tool tips for status effects. It would be nice if they always explained exactly what changed and by how much.

For the community, I'd like to suggest that the best use of Beamdog's time is on things that can't already be modded by the community. So for instance, the original campaign can be modified. If you don't like something about how it was designed, try changing it yourself. :)

Even if I do so, and I already have a couple ideas, we wouldn't be able to distribute it.
  • saramakossaramakos Member Posts: 19
    Probably been mentioned more than once but I WISH it would remember to pop up mini map when I reload a game if I had the map up when I saved!!
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176

Verilazic said:

I have one suggestion for the game, and one for the community. For the game, it would be nice to have better tool tips for status effects. It would be nice if they always explained exactly what changed and by how much.

For the community, I'd like to suggest that the best use of Beamdog's time is on things that can't already be modded by the community. So for instance, the original campaign can be modified. If you don't like something about how it was designed, try changing it yourself. :)

Even if I do so, and I already have a couple ideas, we wouldn't be able to distribute it.
    Sure you would. That's the entire purpose of neverwintervault.org. Make your changes to the OC modules and upload the modules there for people to download and play the "new and improved" version you created.

HunterRayder93Terrorble
    Balanor said:

Verilazic said:

Sure you would. That's the entire purpose of neverwintervault.org. Make your changes to the OC modules and upload the modules there for people to download and play the "new and improved" version you created.

Then I suppose you can expect something from me relatively soon.
    I wonder, however, if it's going to be worth it IF BD plans to spice up the OC.
    HunterRayder93
  • KaosWarMonkKaosWarMonk Member Posts: 40

Just adding another request:

Draw distance increase. I saw this mentioned on another forum and loved the idea. The draw distance and "fog" distance is quite low in NWN, would be nice to have an increase to it (with slider etc.).

I'll echo this. If you can, try the second last version of NWNShader with vanilla NWN. It's the one I find most stable and it lets you change the range of the fog. When coupled with DoF it can be pretty cool.

With that I'd also like to ask for first person camera when you zoom all the way in when using the character camera mode (I think it's called). Again currently available via a mod, this lets you run around the game from first person perspective which I find great fun when exploring. You can move via clicking or use the WASD keys or mouse+keys, whatever. Roofs on internal tilesets are a must with this one.
    Jimbobslimbob
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76
    Apart from the master server being fixed I also hope that in-game friendlist, chats and favourites tab will work.
    KymusTemplarDrake
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206

I'll echo this. If you can, try the second last version of NWNShader with vanilla NWN. It's the one I find most stable and it lets you change the range of the fog. When coupled with DoF it can be pretty cool

Didn't know about that, thanks for the heads-up!

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Please allow us to adjust font size in the game without having to change the resolution. I get blurred and double vision a lot, so I need large fonts.
    ProontKymuscharissa1066
    maybe we could select font type too?
    Proont
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206

maybe we could select font type too?

Actually, speaking of fonts, I noticed in 4k that some of the fonts scale well and others turn quite blocky.

Open the pic below and zoom in on the text. The top half of the character sheet has a font that clearly scaled well, then the bottom half (a different font) is quite blocky.

Not exactly a major issue or anything - and something I can live with, but just thought I would mention it.

Anyway, the image:

• 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Wonder why they didn't use the same font in the stats box on character screen, but another more plain one instead. The stat box could use space more efficiently too e.g. Fortitude / Reflex / Will could be on the same row, and there could be a space between different types of stats to make it easier to read.
  • Full screen character generation or a toggle for zoom for the character model.
    It would be nice to properly see the character before logging in a module or a persistent world.
    Also seeing more portraits during the generation at once during creation wouldn't hurt. The rotating mist in the background during generation doesn't serve any function. Maybe make the whole main menu interface and/or multiplayer interface fill more of the available display area / screen estate.
    BalanorProontRandomPerson
  • charissa1066charissa1066 Member Posts: 33
    A GUI tileset editor would be fantastic.
    Proont
  • MalisharaMalishara Member Posts: 16
    I would like to see the scrollbar for the "Chooser" and "Creator" in the DM client increased. They have always been very hard to click on to scroll, and larger resolutions make this problem much worse. DMs need to be able to access what they need quickly when running a game. Please increase the size of the bar.
    Proontcharissa1066RandomPersonBarry_1066
  • TemplarDrakeTemplarDrake Member Posts: 44
    Right. This is mostly aimed at PWs. I know there is a way to do this with databases and scripting however it would just make it so much easier on developers if stacking was a thing for items.

It gets cumbersome after some time if your inventory gets filled up with dragon blood and stuff. So stacking for misc items would be wonderful. And maybe let arrows go higher than 99.

- Drake
    Proont
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    After firing up the game for the first time and starting a new character, I found it immediately irritating how slow the camera zoom speed (using the mouse wheel) was in NWN:EE compared to the original game. I've always had to fight the camera in NWN, but this makes it a lot worse. I've tried changing the zoom speed setting in nwnplayer.ini to fix it, but it seemingly doesn't do anything.
  • IrahabitualIrahabitual Member Posts: 2
    In game requirements for feats please.

Don't these already exist?
    edited December 2017
    Another one from my personal wishlist: the option to have a 0 second tooltip delay instead of the current minimum, which is 0.1 second.

Edit: I changed the tooltip delay in nwnplayer.ini to 0, and it seems to work perfectly, so all I think this needs is an in-game option to do the same.
    Post edited by Adul on
    Proont
  • IrahabitualIrahabitual Member Posts: 2

Don't these already exist?
    Been a while since I Neverwinter Nighted, but seem to remember needing to look up stat prerequisites in the manual before starting a new character.
    leeux
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Make the numpad's Enter key activate console commands like 1.69. I use the numpad to enter numbers for console commands and always used the numpad's Enter key to finish the command, but the numpad Enter key does nothing in NWN:EE.

Also, make UI panels unhide the console text in the top-left. 1.69 does not do this and console text displays regardless of what panels are open at the moment (inventory, character sheet, spellbook, etc.)
  • pirey4pirey4 Member Posts: 3
    For the Mac, I'd like to see the ability to alt-tab (or other key sequence) to switch out of the app and to the desktop. I ran out of power playing on my laptop today because I couldn't switch to check the battery level.

Also, please increase the size of save game filenames. The text box appears to be much wider than the number of characters you can enter. I'd like to use longer filenames.
    edited December 2017
    I'd like a gameplay setting for max HP on level up. Probably shouldn't work in multiplayer, unless it's also a server setting.

Edit: Another one—I'd like to be able to see my XP even when my character is ready to level up. I've always found it annoying that the level up button completely obscures your XP counter.
    Post edited by Adul on
    Dark_AnsemProontCutlassJack
    Adul said:

I'd like a gameplay setting for max HP on level up. Probably shouldn't work in multiplayer, unless it's also a server setting.

Edit: Another one—I'd like to be able to see my XP even when my character is ready to level up. I've always found it annoying that the level up button completely obscures your XP counter.

I *like* this option. Just like in Planescape Torment.
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    Actually, there's a setting in one of the ini files that lets you get max HP rolls on level up. Having it as a setting in-game would be pretty cool, though.
    ProontWomanek