Skip to content

Which BG1/BG2 EE Exclusive Character Would Win in a Free For All Fight?

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
Just curious. Like, if they were all in the same room and started going at it for whatever reason, who would be the last one standing?
Excluding SoD characters for now because I haven't played it yet.
  1. Which BG1/BG2 EE Exclusive Character Would Win in a Free For All Fight?27 votes
    1. Rasaad
        3.70%
    2. Neera
      14.81%
    3. Dorn
        7.41%
    4. Baeloth
      37.04%
    5. Hexxat
      11.11%
    6. Wilson
      25.93%

Comments

• LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Mantis37 said:

Does Neera disintegrating everyone, including herself, count as a win?

Um it might? I dunno. Now that I think about it, wild surges can also summon a demon can't they?

Do I need to add a "the demon Neera accidentally summoned" option?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Baeloth, being not only a sorceror, but also an aliterationmancer (which is by far the most superior school of magic) is a shoo'in for the win.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Dorn might pull it off if he can cheese poison weapon onto Baeloth and Neera (and they don't have any gear to cure or prevent poison), but otherwise the match goes to one of the two characters that can alter the nature of the physical universe to suit their preferences. Plus Dorn's probably going to be weakened in the brawl where he kills Rasaad and Wilson, the only visible characters, while Neera and Baeloth try to dispel the others invisibility to feed them to the half-orc.

After Dorn goes down, Baeloth is more likely than Neera to pull off the eventual win because he doesn't have to worry about surge, has inherent MR, and doesn't have to worry about having the right spell memorised (or risking Nahal's).

Also, if Neera does accidentally summon a pit fiend, Mustard Jellies are completely immune to them, so unlikely to snag the win.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Mai boi Wilson!
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Hexxat as she cannot even be killed. She just regenerates and comes back for round 2. And 3. And 4
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Depends on the starting level.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I'm sure there's some uber-rare Wild Magic Surge that simply ends the whole world. Sure, she'd go out with it, but still, a win's a win.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Too many factors to consider. Equipment, level, memorized spells, some other factors (like, tied to Dorn's in-game story) and so on. Therefore, it's impossible to tell for sure, and using anything other than %chance of win is unreliable.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm thinking Baeloth unless Neera gets a really lucky (or unlucky) wild surge.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I'd go with Neera purely because wild magic. I once casted a "wish" with her try to get my spells renewed in ToB - and it resulted in a wild surge causing 20 Genies to appear all of whom granted me wishes. It was pretty spectacular.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Whilst the others might have situational advantages I think Baeloth is devious enough to win whatever the situation.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    dunbar said:

Whilst the others might have situational advantages I think Baeloth is devious enough to win whatever the situation.

Like he won at the end of the Black Pits right? :tongue:
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Wilson , anything else would be Unbearable !
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I think it really depends on what level they're at. In late SoA and ToB I'd bet Baeloth would be pretty hard to beat. In BG I think Dorn would be my choice. Come to think of it I've never really played Rassad. At ToB levels he'd likely be pretty darned tough as well.
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Balrog99 said:

I think it really depends on what level they're at. In late SoA and ToB I'd bet Baeloth would be pretty hard to beat. In BG I think Dorn would be my choice. Come to think of it I've never really played Rassad. At ToB levels he'd likely be pretty darned tough as well.

at high levels, neera would win by controlled wild surges of high level magic.

at low levels, neera would try casting a level 1 spell and accidently summon a cacofiend to kill everyone.

Either way the end result is the same.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Before Neera or Baeloth hits level 12 and gains access to Flesh to Stone (or maybe level 10, for petrification Chromatic Orbs, though those spells offer a huge +6 save bonus), Hexxat should win by default due to her inability to actually die without being petrified or imprisoned. After that, it hinges on whether Hexxat makes her saving throws or has some way (like green scrolls or Potions of Invisibility) to block petrification or Imprisonment. Neera and Baeloth don't have very good odds unless they team up.

If they do manage to petrify or imprison Hexxat, then I'd expect Dorn to kill them with Poison Weapon, since he could switch to a normal weapon to bypass PFMW or a +5 weapon (like the darts from the Cloak of Stars) to bypass Improved Mantle. If SCS is installed, though, an Absolute Immunity spell could completely block any source of Poison Weapon, at which point Dorn could be hit with Imprisonment just as easily as Hexxat.

A properly-equipped, intelligent Hexxat should be able to come out on top in a free-for-all, even though she's hardly the strongest character in a typical playthrough.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Before Neera or Baeloth hits level 12 and gains access to Flesh to Stone (or maybe level 10, for petrification Chromatic Orbs, though those spells offer a huge +6 save bonus), Hexxat should win by default due to her inability to actually die without being petrified or imprisoned.

Or disintegrated.

... Yeah, I really don't like her.

Is her coffin in the room though? Since she dies if she can't fog off to CHARNAME in time, right?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Pantalion: I was just referring to game mechanics. Mechanically, the coffin is irrelevant; she reappears 8 hours after she dies no matter what. There's no way to stake her. Lore-wise, the situation would be much different.