Skip to content

[Spoiler] About Jaheira

1235»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @MakeAthkatlaGrtAgain

To make things clear to you, so that you further on replly to the right thing instead of writing replies to something I never brought up, I will quote you again to show what it was I was responding to. And also, for the record, I am fully aware my first reply was not a very nice one. But after reading, hearing and seeing a lot of misogyny in the world for way, way too long, my patience has run very thin and so I sometimes blurt out rather crude replies. Anyways, THIS was what I reacted to. This has NOTHING to do with Neera or your opinion on Neera. I've bolded the parts to make it super-clear.

For Neera being modern, yes this is very much just like women in modern Western society. So fickle. Only interested in herself. And divorce is so common. And 70% of divorces are initiated by women for the legal term, "dissatisfaction". This means boredom. The women destroy the lives her of husband and children simply because they are bored. And this is exactly like Neera and the other chaotic neutral characters (except Jan).

Since your reply was about Neera, whom is a character I don't like and never use, I won't respond further to what you wrote except adding one remark: This place have very few, if any, biased moderators. Your distrust of moderators is unfounded and your remarks about it only makes you look like you want to make a martyr out of yourself. Pro tip: It doesn't work.

Since this forum (especially its moderation staff) are extremely sexist against men, let's suppose it was a lesbian relationship. They are married and partner A just suddenly leaves partner B without a note. Partner B didn't do anything wrong, partner A just one day on a whim felt bored and left. If one partner in a lesbian relationship did that, would you not think it's cruel?

• ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited January 2018
    Skatan said:

But after reading, hearing and seeing a lot of misogyny in the world for way, way too long, my patience has run very thin and so I sometimes blurt out rather crude replies.

What Semiticgod said about opposing one vs supporting the other goes both ways actually - opposing misandry, including perceived, doesn't necessarily equate to supporting misogyny. Just saying, since I understand perfectly where you and Athkatla are both coming from.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This discussion has stopped being about Jaheira some time ago. To stop further personal attacks I'm closing this thread.

Everyone, listen to what a moderator has said:

For the record, opposing misogyny is not the same thing as supporting misandry. Personally, I'm not a big fan of either.

For the record, personal attacks are against the Site Rules. Throw all the vitriol you want at Jaheira, but not your fellow forumites.

For the record, "unapologetic bigotry" is against the Site Rules. Throw all the vitriol you want at Jaheira, but not women as a whole.

This discussion has been closed.